Launched My Company Skincare by Vincent. Use Code PEAT2022 for a 10% Discount.

Peachy

B3 should help with acne. Do you know how his skin reacts to glycerin?
Hmmm, not sure on the glycerin. My guess is that it would be fine. I’m willing to try. I do know it’s mostly an internal issue since liver, oysters and dandelion clear things up significantly.

The eyebrow serum aims to thicken the eyebrows. I can't claim how much of a difference it makes because I haven't tested it extensively. I could give you a free sample for you to test so you can let me know how it works out for you after 2-4 weeks.

I may not be the best tester since I am happy with my eyebrow thickness but if you need a Guinea pig my mom would probably benefit.

As for the foundation, since I am male I haven't looked at it. So that is totally new territory for me and it would mean I need to work with female users who apply it on a regular basis. I do not know how many attempts it will take to get this right but from a quick search on google I did find basic ingredients such as cocoa powder, clay, zinc oxide and arrowroot powder. Do you want it to be liquid or does it have to be solid and/or powdery?

I’ve been using powder but was looking to try a liquid. I bet it’s a major endeavor, matching different skin tones, etc.

golder

Just wanted to say a huge congrats on this. There is not enough clean products like this on the market and I imagine there was a few headaches to get to this really nice finished product. Well done!
Im based in the UK and I think Netherlands to UK usually involves hefty customs fees, so I may hold back on an order for now. Looking forward to see if you add more to the range :)

Peachy

Just ordered. Excited to try these thoughtfully formulated products!

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Just ordered. Excited to try these thoughtfully formulated products!
Thank you! Allow a couple of days processing time as I received several orders. Right now, it's freshly produced when an order comes in. The Solution B3 feels a bit watery so when it comes out of the pump make sure it falls into the palm of the hands (don't try and apply it to the finger tips). Use a generous amount, often people use too little. Once you apply it to the face it should leave a small protective film on the face without feeling sticky. If you have dry skin, it should feel hydrated and soft minutes after applying. Also make sure to rub/massage it in fairly well so that everything is evenly distributed (do it without pressing too hard on the skin). If you feel a stinging/slight tingling sensation, that is normal. Only thing to look out for is whether the skin becomes red. Out of the many people that used it, only one had a flushing reaction which made the skin a bit red. Part of skincare is also finding out what works for you.

The oil serum can last you a very long time, since you only need a small amount. Use a couple of drops on wet skin (very important). It will help to lock in the moisture and spread much easier on the skin when wet. Because you use very little when applying on wet skin, it will not feel as heavy as it does on dry skin. People usually use way to much on dry skin. You can use it before bedtime, but if you don't wear make-up then you could use it in the morning aswell.

Last edited:

Ben.

For the water product ... Why woudn't the customer just buy niacinamide and glycin, dissolve it in water and put it into a spray bottle? Not sure i like the citrid acid in there either.

Peachy

Thank you! Allow a couple of days processing time as I received several orders. Right now, it's freshly produced when an order comes in. The Solution B3 feels a bit watery so when it comes out of the pump make sure it falls into the palm of the hands (don't try and apply it to the finger tips). Use a generous amount, often people use too little. Once you apply it to the face it should leave a small protective film on the face without feeling sticky. If you have dry skin, it should feel hydrated and soft minutes after applying. Also make sure to rub/massage it in fairly well so that everything is evenly distributed (do it without pressing too hard on the skin). If you feel a stinging/slight tingling sensation, that is normal. Only thing to look out for is whether the skin becomes red. Out of the many people that used it, only one had a flushing reaction which made the skin a bit red. Part of skincare is also finding out what works for you.
Perfect. My skin isn’t really sensitive so I think it’ll be fine. Do you recommend layering them, using separately or just experimenting?

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

For the water product ... Why woudn't the customer just buy niacinamide and glycin, dissolve it in water and put it into a spray bottle? Not sure i like the citrid acid in there either.
Excellent question, that is something you could totally do. I only don't know how long it will stay in the bottle without going bad/rancid. It may be susceptible to bacteria, molds and fungi . That's why I use salts to preserve it. The citric acid is only used at 0.1% which I find neglible but it helps to keep the pH in the right range. I initially didn't want to have it in the serum aswell, but I might try and formulate one without citric acid later (if it turns out that it isn't needed and the solution stays stable).

I also have glycine in it which has skin benefits. Sodium gluconate helps to soften and smoothen skin aswell.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Perfect. My skin isn’t really sensitive so I think it’ll be fine. Do you recommend layering them, using separately or just experimenting?
I would use this seperately, but you could experiment using them together and see if it works. I just don't know whether it will feel heavy on the skin. I should try it myself soon and see how it feels using them together.

One request I have is to leave your feedback as it helps me to improve the products. Many of the improvements made on the products was because of the critical feedback.

Peachy

Excellent question, that is something you could totally do. I only don't know how long it will stay in the bottle without going bad/rancid. It may be susceptible to bacteria, molds and fungi . That's why I use salts to preserve it. The citric acid is only used at 0.1% which I find neglible but it helps to keep the pH in the right range. I initially didn't want to have it in the serum aswell, but I might try and formulate one without citric acid later (if it turns out that it isn't needed and the solution stays stable).

I also have glycine in it which has skin benefits. Sodium gluconate helps to soften and smoothen skin aswell.
I was going to dissolve niacinamide in water after I didn’t find any serums I liked (and I still may experiment) but I wondered about rancidity and also thought a serum might be better at penetrating the skin

Peachy

I would use this seperately, but you could experiment using them together and see if it works. I just don't know whether it will feel heavy on the skin. I should try it myself soon and see how it feels using them together.

One request I have is to leave your feedback as it helps me to improve the products. Many of the improvements made on the products was because of the critical feedback.
Will do!

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I was going to dissolve niacinamide in water after I didn’t find any serums I liked (and I still may experiment) but I wondered about rancidity and also thought a serum might be better at penetrating the skin
Let me know your findings if you decide to experiment! I am curious. Experimenting is fun but sometimes it becomes annoying when you can't tune it right. For example, just changing the ratios of ingredients affect how it feels. Then you have the option of dropping and adding ingredients that also can change the product totally. Another thing with water is the rancidity issues that you have to keep in mind. Working with oils was easier for me (so far) because of this issue.

Last edited:
OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

So for the lightweight hair oil I found some ingredients. Let me know which one you'd like to see incorporated into the mix. I will list them and also in short what they do for the ones that aren't as obvious:
1) MCT Oil
2) Squalane
3) Olive Oil
4) Castor Oil
5) Vitamins ADEK, DHEA, Progesterone, Pregnenolone
6) Glyceryl Caprylate (dervied from coconut and acts as an emollient)
7 Dicaprylyl Carbonate (derived from coconut, accts as a conditioner and emollient. It also helps to enhance the penetration of other ingredients)
8) Aspirin?
9) Cholesterol?
10) Fragrance? (Sandalwood, Frankincense, Myrhh or any other ingredient)
11) Diheptyl Succinate < this one is actually an ingredient I do not know much about safety wise, so I need some help finding out whether it's suitable or not. There is a combo out there that uses Diheptyl Succinate and Capryloyl Glycerin Sebacic Acid Copolymer together (Quote: Diheptyl succinate is manufactured via the pyrolysis of castor oil and from fermentation. Capryloyl glycerin sebacic acid is manufactured by oxidizing castor oil.) The product is used as a subsitute for silicones and it helps smoothen the hair while adding shine to it.
12) ethylhexyl stearate? It is said to soften and smoothen hair. It is used as a conditioner.
13) ethylhexyl olivate? Derived from olive oil, used as an emollient. Has a low viscosity and should leave the hair soft. It enhances the spreadability and provides a protective barrier for the hair.

Last edited:

Peachy

Random idea. Nourishing nail oil or serum.

Nail polish wrecks nails but it’s nice to brush on something that repairs and moisturizes. I had one a long time ago (probably not great ingredients) and enjoyed it. It was applied like regular nail polish but soaked in and disappeared.

The one I had wasn’t super oily feeling so I wonder how that was done.

revenant

I would give some of the products a try but the 14€ for shipping to rest of Europe is pretty steep. Negotiating a deal with some other courier might be something to look into in the future?

youngsinatra

A more sophisticated topical vitamin D product would be cool. Something like Top-D cream. I think one can probably increase the absorption rate with certain compounds as pure vitamin D in oil might not be that greatly absorbed.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I would give some of the products a try but the 14€ for shipping to rest of Europe is pretty steep. Negotiating a deal with some other courier might be something to look into in the future?
I looked into it but shipping from here (Netherlands) is just plain expensive. I could try and see if shipping (for Europe) could be around 10,- but I may need to increase products prices by a small amount which I don’t want to do aswell. That would mean domestic and international customers are paying more. I don’t expect it to be a problem for domestic customers but I don’t know if international customers would like that. I could cut the international shipping prices a little aswell to compensate for it. It’s a tough decision. If anyone knows how I can send packets cheaper here let me know if I missed something and share the options.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

A more sophisticated topical vitamin D product would be cool. Something like Top-D cream. I think one can probably increase the absorption rate with certain compounds as pure vitamin D in oil might not be that greatly absorbed.

I could try and incorporate it at a higher dose into the hair oil, unless you mean a standalone topical vitamin D solution.

What solubilizer (other then oil) do you have in mind or do you have recommendations so I can take a look at it? I would expect the penetration enhancers to help in the oil solution but I don’t have the data to see whether that is actually the case.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Random idea. Nourishing nail oil or serum.

Nail polish wrecks nails but it’s nice to brush on something that repairs and moisturizes. I had one a long time ago (probably not great ingredients) and enjoyed it. It was applied like regular nail polish but soaked in and disappeared.

The one I had wasn’t super oily feeling so I wonder how that was done.
Do you still have the bottle so I can look it up and analyse the ingredient list.

Peachy

Do you still have the bottle so I can look it up and analyse the ingredient list.

Just found it. Ingredients are definitely questionable 😃

Here’s another one that’s a blend of oils. It has high reviews.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

I decided to increase just one product by 2,- (Solution B3). Other product prices have remained the same and haven't changed.

By doing so I can cut the shipping costs from 13,95 to 9,95 for orders in Europe. International shipping on orders outside Europe went down to 12,95

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom