What Have You Found Most Helpful For Your Libido And Sexual Function?

YourUniverse

Wrong.

Whenever I take exogenous supraphysiological doses of testosterone, my morning wood disappears.
However when I stay natural with my bottom of the range free testosterone, I'm often woken up during the night by erections and I always have one upon waking.

It's much more complex than "high T".
Since T opposes estrogen and high estrogen is associated with difficulty in bladder control, it could be the case that your experience of morning erections were protection against wetting the bed that were no longer necessary with the estrogen under control. Progesterone would cause this phenomenon too.

ilhanxx

morning wood is not a correct indicator, when you urge urinate in morning, you will see. spontaneous erections may be correct indicator.

OP
S

scoobydoo

Wrong.

Whenever I take exogenous supraphysiological doses of testosterone, my morning wood disappears.
However when I stay natural with my bottom of the range free testosterone, I'm often woken up during the night by erections and I always have one upon waking.

huh super interesting
So more due to vascular function and overall REM sleep quality?

OP
S

scoobydoo

morning wood is not a correct indicator, when you urge urinate in morning, you will see. spontaneous erections may be correct indicator.
Well I get neither
And weak erections when masturbating

b555

Wrong.

What are you currently taking?

T

TheBeard

Since T opposes estrogen and high estrogen is associated with difficulty in bladder control, it could be the case that your experience of morning erections were protection against wetting the bed that were no longer necessary with the estrogen under control. Progesterone would cause this phenomenon too.

I appreciate your effort in trying to justify it, but I also get weak erections during sex while one T and can't go more than once.
When natural I'm rock hard during sex and can go three times.
Proving that the erections are coming from something else than "having to pee".

Broco6679

I appreciate your effort in trying to justify it, but I also get weak erections during sex while one T and can't go more than once.
When natural I'm rock hard during sex and can go three times.
Proving that the erections are coming from something else than "having to pee".

My experience on testosterone has matched all of your comments in this thread. Erections were always weak and difficult to maintain, sex drive was absent and morning wood disappeared. Now I take no hormones and my testosterone is only 400 - 500 ng/dl, but my sex drive is high, erections are perfect and I feel much less amped up. Only downside of not being on t is slower gym gains.

Would love to know the mechanism underlying it. Too much sympathetic activity maybe?

Last edited:
OP
S

scoobydoo

My experience on testosterone has matched all of your comments in this thread. Erections were always weak and difficult to maintain, sex drive was absent and morning wood disappeared. Now I take no hormones and my testosterone is only 400 - 500 ng/dl, but my sex drive is high, erections are perfect and I feel much less amped up. Only downside of not being on t is slower gym gains.

Would love to know the mechanism underlying it. Too much sympathetic activity maybe?

this is very interesting to me
I would think that this would be the opposite cause testerone is so easy to become suppressive. Is the suppressive effect lowered by using it as a topical cream? Also is it somehow restimulating endogenous natural production or increasing sensitivity to androgens?
I’ve never heard of this happening from people before

Markus

I have fairly low T around 400, but my libido, erections and sexual function/performance is exceptional.

Markus

Has it always been that way?
I think I had higher T in my teens and early twenties but at that point my libido was a lot more erratic. Now, being in my mid thirties, my libido is still very high but a lot more stable and "controlled".

Greg

Erection quality is governed not by pure testosterone but by DHT. You may have all the testosteron in the world, but if doesn't convert to DHT then the androgenic functions will not be great. On the other hand testosterone in itself is indeed very anabolic, DHT isn't. Excess testosterone can also convert into estrogen, weakening your erections as compared to a normal person who doesn't take it (as he would have less estrogen as well)

Broco6679

Erection quality is governed not by pure testosterone but by DHT. You may have all the testosteron in the world, but if doesn't convert to DHT then the androgenic functions will not be great. On the other hand testosterone in itself is indeed very anabolic, DHT isn't. Excess testosterone can also convert into estrogen, weakening your erections as compared to a normal person who doesn't take it (as he would have less estrogen as well)

My DHT was always above range on every blood test I ever had on trt, though I did have problems with estrogen. Bringing it down with an ai never helped, but ai's are also doing more than just lowering estrogen so its hard to tell what was causing what.

High estrogen always made me feel stimmed out, so I think the ed and low libido was from being in a chronic state of fight or flight.

Broco6679

this is very interesting to me
I would think that this would be the opposite cause testerone is so easy to become suppressive. Is the suppressive effect lowered by using it as a topical cream? Also is it somehow restimulating endogenous natural production or increasing sensitivity to androgens?
I’ve never heard of this happening from people before

Testosterone is suppressive and my LH and FSH were both 0 when I used it. Cream will do the same. The goal isn't to stimulate natural production or resensitise receptors, its just to replace what the body isn't making. I used it before I found Peat though and wouldn't ever use it again now.

T

TheBeard

Again, my DHT was at 4 times the top of the range while my T was at twice the top of the range.
So no, DHT isn't everything in libido and erections.

OP
S

scoobydoo

Again, my DHT was at 4 times the top of the range while my T was at twice the top of the range.
I’m still a bit confused how stopping something that stops endogenous production would lead to higher libido and function

Greg

My DHT was always above range on every blood test I ever had on trt, though I did have problems with estrogen. Bringing it down with an ai never helped, but ai's are also doing more than just lowering estrogen so its hard to tell what was causing what.

High estrogen always made me feel stimmed out, so I think the ed and low libido was from being in a chronic state of fight or flight.

Interesting to hear about your experiences. Then indeed, it must be something else than just DMT.

Broco6679

I’m still a bit confused how stopping something that stops endogenous production would lead to higher libido and function

Because as soon as the exogenous testosterone is stopped LH and FSH start being produced again and your levels return to the same as they were before using testosterone.
We're not saying the act itself of coming off testosterone made us feel better, we're saying we feel better when we don't use it and our body produces the hormones itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals