What Have You Found Most Helpful For Your Libido And Sexual Function?

OP
S

scoobydoo

Because as soon as the exogenous testosterone is stopped LH and FSH start being produced again and your levels return to the same as they were before using testosterone.
We're not saying the act itself of coming off testosterone made us feel better, we're saying we feel better when we don't use it and our body produces the hormones itself.

Ok. So you didn’t have issues prior to any exogenous therapy?
I have natural T levels in 600s but no libido and weak function

YourUniverse

I appreciate your effort in trying to justify it, but I also get weak erections during sex while one T and can't go more than once.
When natural I'm rock hard during sex and can go three times.
Proving that the erections are coming from something else than "having to pee".
No effort at all, no problem and goodluck finding your solution

Cgj1

Testosterone cream will have a much greater effect, the leaner you are. In other words, when your thyroid is optimized. Just a pea sized amount (1-2mg) every 3rd day produces androgenic effects with no shut down. More is not better, there is diminishing returns the higher the dose, in my experience. The dose is the key!

T

TheBeard

I’m still a bit confused how stopping something that stops endogenous production would lead to higher libido and function

Testosterone cream base doesn't stop my endogenous production, as repeatedly proven by bloodwork here.

T

TheBeard

My experience on testosterone has matched all of your comments in this thread. Erections were always weak and difficult to maintain, sex drive was absent and morning wood disappeared. Now I take no hormones and my testosterone is only 400 - 500 ng/dl, but my sex drive is high, erections are perfect and I feel much less amped up. Only downside of not being on t is slower gym gains.

Would love to know the mechanism underlying it. Too much sympathetic activity maybe?

Were you using test cream on the scrotum as well?
I narrow my problem down to test opposing cortisol way too much, as well as constantly being exhausted because of the poor sleep induced by high DHT.
I had the same aweful sleep on Proviron alone.

Broco6679

Were you using test cream on the scrotum as well?
I narrow my problem down to test opposing cortisol way too much, as well as constantly being exhausted because of the poor sleep induced by high DHT.
I had the same aweful sleep on Proviron alone.

I tried transcrotal cream for a little while towards the end but most of the time I was using daily subq cypionate injections.
I think the problem is cortisol too. Did you ever have it tested on testosterone? I did quite a few times and it was always tanked along with my progesterone. I was going to start hydrocortisone but my synthacten test showed a very strong cortisol response 30 minutes post injection despite extremely low baseline, so the adrenals themselves were fine, they just weren't getting the signal. When I come off trt my cortisol always returns to normal so its definitely an issue with ACTH or CRH suppression. I think I was having an excess of adrenaline compensating and that was what was causing the ed and chronic fight or flight feeling.
My sleep was always ***t too. I'd regularly wake up at 3/4am completely exhausted but unable to fall back asleep. Now I can sleep for 9-10 hours unbroken.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

I tried transcrotal cream for a little while towards the end but most of the time I was using daily subq cypionate injections.
I think the problem is cortisol too. Did you ever have it tested on testosterone? I did quite a few times and it was always tanked along with my progesterone. I was going to start hydrocortisone but my synthacten test showed a very strong cortisol response 30 minutes post injection despite extremely low baseline, so the adrenals themselves were fine, they just weren't getting the signal. When I come off trt my cortisol always returns to normal so its definitely an issue with ACTH or CRH suppression. I think I was having an excess of adrenaline compensating and that was what was causing the ed and chronic fight or flight feeling.
My sleep was always ***t too. I'd regularly wake up at 3/4am completely exhausted but unable to fall back asleep. Now I can sleep for 9-10 hours unbroken.

I was experimenting with test again a few weeks ago. When I added progesterone it made me a lot calmer and more relaxed, but also took away some of the mental drive test was bringing.

Broco6679

I was experimenting with test again a few weeks ago. When I added progesterone it made me a lot calmer and more relaxed, but also took away some of the mental drive test was bringing.

Progesterone makes me calmer too but it gives me varicose veins so I can't take it :/

redsun

Supplement with high doses of folic acid along with eating lots of animal proteins that are high in histidine, as long as folic acid is being supplemented.

2mg 3x a day and supplement with B12 as well to not lower B12. Also for added effect consume high folate foods and also lots of vitamin C from fruits (helps NO and dopamine). Folate retains histidine (for histamine and thus libido and sexual function) and is needed for BH4, which dopamine and nitric oxide depend on (NO being the thing that makes your **** actually work). Eventually whenever your **** functions enough that your satisfied you can stop taking and maintain folate levels with enough food folate.

Messing with hormones for sexual function is a mistake because it does not address underlying issues which for many is nitric oxide, dopamine, and histamine problems (lack of folate to retain histidine). Often the effect is temporary or you need to keep taking to maintain which is ridiculous when something like folic acid for a long enough time and a high enough dose will fix the issue for most people.

Scenes

Supplement with high doses of folic acid along with eating lots of animal proteins that are high in histidine, as long as folic acid is being supplemented.

2mg 3x a day and supplement with B12 as well to not lower B12. Also for added effect consume high folate foods and also lots of vitamin C from fruits (helps NO and dopamine). Folate retains histidine (for histamine and thus libido and sexual function) and is needed for BH4, which dopamine and nitric oxide depend on (NO being the thing that makes your **** actually work). Eventually whenever your **** functions enough that your satisfied you can stop taking and maintain folate levels with enough food folate.

Messing with hormones for sexual function is a mistake because it does not address underlying issues which for many is nitric oxide, dopamine, and histamine problems (lack of folate to retain histidine). Often the effect is temporary or you need to keep taking to maintain which is ridiculous when something like folic acid for a long enough time and a high enough dose will fix the issue for most people.
I think you used to recommend b2 as critical as well alongside folic acid. Has that changed or any reason for the omission?

redsun

I think you used to recommend b2 as critical as well alongside folic acid. Has that changed or any reason for the omission?

Because the diet should usually provide plenty of B2 especially on this forum which is big on dairy. Eggs, dairy, the small amounts in meat and other foods should provide a good amount. If diet lacks dairy and eggs and in general diet is low in B2 and especially if diet is high fat, B2 will be depleted overtime.

It can be supplemented for sometime with little consequence, its not like it will hurt but a smaller dose of B-complex occasionally is best. But if the diet is inadequate for B2 that needs to be rectified. It is incredibly difficult to replete folate levels from diet to a much higher level. It can be done of course. But it needs to be high, similar of the doses that are used clinically to fix folate deficiency (5-15mg daily). Quite difficult to get that level from food.

Scenes

Because the diet should usually provide plenty of B2 especially on this forum which is big on dairy. Eggs, dairy, the small amounts in meat and other foods should provide a good amount. If diet lacks dairy and eggs and in general diet is low in B2 and especially if diet is high fat, B2 will be depleted overtime.

It can be supplemented for sometime with little consequence, its not like it will hurt but a smaller dose of B-complex occasionally is best. But if the diet is inadequate for B2 that needs to be rectified. It is incredibly difficult to replete folate levels from diet to a much higher level. It can be done of course. But it needs to be high, similar of the doses that are used clinically to fix folate deficiency (5-15mg daily). Quite difficult to get that level from food.
Why do you believe folate is being depleted in the first place? I definitely think there’s merit to this theory as I took an antihistamine for a few days to clear up a rash on my arm and it hampered my otherwise well operating sexual function.

I did take folic acid high dose alongside b2 a while back when you were recommending it and I got what I assumed was a bad allergic response after a week or so. I developed terrible dark circles under my eyes and the beginnings of a nasty sty on one eye lid. Peat says b2 and folic acid are the most allergenic b’s, so it was my logical conclusion.

I remember it helped, but since then oysters and occasional progesterone were doing more than enough before the recent antihistamine.

redsun

Why do you believe folate is being depleted in the first place? I definitely think there’s merit to this theory as I took an antihistamine for a few days to clear up a rash on my arm and it hampered my otherwise well operating sexual function.

I did take folic acid high dose alongside b2 a while back when you were recommending it and I got what I assumed was a bad allergic response after a week or so. I developed terrible dark circles under my eyes and the beginnings of a nasty sty on one eye lid. Peat says b2 and folic acid are the most allergenic b’s, so it was my logical conclusion.

I remember it helped, but since then oysters and occasional progesterone were doing more than enough before the recent antihistamine.

Best to find supplements that are as pure as possible and that don't give reactions.

Diets low in folate/folic acid, illness, malabsorption/digestive issues reducing folate absorption, excess stress, will deplete folate. If people avoid certain foods due to poor digestion of them (plants are high in folate generally, but many do not digest them well and eat them sparingly or do elimination diets) or follow extreme diets like carnivore and dont eat enough organ meat daily for folate, you will get depleted of folate.

Scenes

Best to find supplements that are as pure as possible and that don't give reactions.

Diets low in folate/folic acid, illness, malabsorption/digestive issues reducing folate absorption, excess stress, will deplete folate. If people avoid certain foods due to poor digestion of them (plants are high in folate generally, but many do not digest them well and eat them sparingly or do elimination diets) or follow extreme diets like carnivore and dont eat enough organ meat daily for folate, you will get depleted of folate.
Do you think a b multi (like energin) is worthwhile during this? I was always under the impression supplementing one b vit affects them all. Why do you mention b12 specifically?