What Have You Found Most Helpful For Your Libido And Sexual Function?

PTP

I’ll have to look at this book
Do you do any other form of exercise?
I’m starting to T.H. in k that my break from working out was more detrimental that beneficial

I mainly do calisthenics/weight-lifting, go for long walks, and play soccer from time to time. I mainly got into health and fitness and eventually Ray Peat because I was having erection difficulties as a 23 year old man and while I'm sure some of it was psychological, I thought some of it could be physical too (and those two things are interlinked anyway). I threw so many different things at the problem, that in the end I wasn't sure what worked.

First I did nofap for like 100 days. It helped, but not completely. I could get hard enough to penetrate women, but it was not as hard or full as it could've been. And a couple of these girls were gorgeous and I was sorry to lose them (and whatever they said, I'm sure it was because I disappointed them in bed). Then I added yoga (mainly the first 35 mins of ashtanga yoga I learned online, plus yin yoga mainly for hamstrings, hips, and lower back). I started lifting weights twice a week: squats and deadlifts were the priority but I also added bench presses, OHPs, pullups, and also kettlebell swings. I also took an ashwagandha supplement daily for like 100 days. Plus I did visualisations, were I got into a quite deep meditative state, of having sex with strong erections. For years my main problem was staying hard while I got the condom on. Anyway, midway into that intense training I had a girl naked in bed, I told her we might not even have sex because I suck with condoms (which I think helped take the pressure off), to my surprise, I put it on and stayed rock hard and had a good time and she became my girlfriend shortly after. Now it's not like I've never had an issue since, but by and large I've been fine since then (I'm in my early 30s now), it's only if I've been having a lot of sex with one woman, or masturbating a lot, that I ever really have an issue these days.

OP
S

scoobydoo

I mainly do calisthenics/weight-lifting, go for long walks, and play soccer from time to time. I mainly got into health and fitness and eventually Ray Peat because I was having erection difficulties as a 23 year old man and while I'm sure some of it was psychological, I thought some of it could be physical too (and those two things are interlinked anyway). I threw so many different things at the problem, that in the end I wasn't sure what worked.

First I did nofap for like 100 days. It helped, but not completely. I could get hard enough to penetrate women, but it was not as hard or full as it could've been. And a couple of these girls were gorgeous and I was sorry to lose them (and whatever they said, I'm sure it was because I disappointed them in bed). Then I added yoga (mainly the first 35 mins of ashtanga yoga I learned online, plus yin yoga mainly for hamstrings, hips, and lower back). I started lifting weights twice a week: squats and deadlifts were the priority but I also added bench presses, OHPs, pullups, and also kettlebell swings. I also took an ashwagandha supplement daily for like 100 days. Plus I did visualisations, were I got into a quite deep meditative state, of having sex with strong erections. For years my main problem was staying hard while I got the condom on. Anyway, midway into that intense training I had a girl naked in bed, I told her we might not even have sex because I suck with condoms (which I think helped take the pressure off), to my surprise, I put it on and stayed rock hard and had a good time and she became my girlfriend shortly after. Now it's not like I've never had an issue since, but by and large I've been fine since then (I'm in my early 30s now), it's only if I've been having a lot of sex with one woman, or masturbating a lot, that I ever really have an issue these days.

Glad to hear its improved for you. I was always super athletic and probably worked out too much. These past few months have been the longest i've gone without working out since I was 12 and I think it defnitely is causing even worse libido and function than I had before. I think I read a bit too much into Peats belief that exercise is a stress.

PTP

Oh one more thing, I used to do the towel training. Whenever I had an erection, usually waking in the morning, I would put something over it and try and lift it up and down with my penis. I started fairly light, with t-shirts, and worked my way up to using full sized towels. I think it helped give me much stronger erections, but it may have somewhat lessened my sensitivity (reducing some of the pleasure of sex) , and I know some people think this is unsafe, so I wouldn't necessarily advise it.

As for exercise, I think it's not that necessary for libido. I had a great libido when I was living in America and doing zero exercise and only after I realised how fat I was getting did I start walking more, and only walking, and had zero erection issues at the time. Extreme fitness in youth might cause more bloodflow problems than they solve. I think stretching exercises, especially for the lower body heloing the hamstrings, groins and hip flexors would be more beneficial than regular exercise. Peat also has stated that concentric exercise can be positive for the cells. I have my best sex when I'm surfing regularly, which offers a combo of being outside, having fun, strength, lower body mobility enhancement, concentric exercise, and deadly cardio (which may be damaging long-term, but is definitely helpful in keeping up stamina in bed). Sadly I live faraway from the ocean though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals