What Have You Found Most Helpful For Your Libido And Sexual Function?

Coderr

Best to find supplements that are as pure as possible and that don't give reactions.

Diets low in folate/folic acid, illness, malabsorption/digestive issues reducing folate absorption, excess stress, will deplete folate. If people avoid certain foods due to poor digestion of them (plants are high in folate generally, but many do not digest them well and eat them sparingly or do elimination diets) or follow extreme diets like carnivore and dont eat enough organ meat daily for folate, you will get depleted of folate.
Do you recommend folic acid or methylfolate?

PTP

No fap, kettlebell swings, high caffeine dosage (through coffee).

OP
S

scoobydoo

As specific and unique as that is, I funnily enough already follow this ahah. I probably could go higher with caffiene but trying to limit the stress response i may get from it

PTP

As specific and unique as that is, I funnily enough already follow this ahah. I probably could go higher with caffiene but trying to limit the stress response i may get from it

You can always add more milk and sugar to limit the stress response. I put collagen powder in mine. What specifically is the issue? No sexual desire and difficulty getting or maintaining an erection? For sexual desire, I guess you just need to be around more people that excite you that way. Bit tricky in the covid era though. As for maintaining a hard-on, if no-fap and kb swings aren't helping, maybe some form of yoga would be useful (would probably help the libido in general too, I think there's an ayurvedic theory that sexuality is linked to the hips and hamstrings, if those are tight, other things are going to be blocked down there too. Hormonally, I think difficulty with erections is mainly a prolactin issue. I remember using 5alpha dihydroprogesterone in the past gave me stronger erections and I lasted longer in bed, and that I think reduces the prolactin quite a bit. I've heard niacinamide can help with erections too, but I find high doses just give me diarrhea.

Inaut

I have been taking turpentine topically and orally for about two weeks now. Probably doing a total of 1ml. Took a bath with a little today too. I’m finding it amazing for libido.

@PTP I have a copy of Dave Randolph's 'The Ultimate Kettlebell Workout', 144 pages, decent read.
@Jib
I must get back on Kettlebells as there is nothing like it :):

I have been taking turpentine topically and orally for about two weeks now. Probably doing a total of 1ml. Took a bath with a little today too. I’m finding it amazing for libido.
@Inaut Is that navel application?, or elsewhere??
Are there different grades of Turpentine?
I was always told by my father to treat turps with caution as it's a 'poison'.

Inaut

@Inaut Is that navel application?, or elsewhere??
Are there different grades of Turpentine?
I was always told by my father to treat turps with caution as it's a 'poison'.

Yup belly button and abdomin. I’ll apply castor oil and lanolin then add the turpentine to help it absorb. If you think about what turpentine is (pine essential oil), it’s not so dangerous. Of course it’s all about dosage.
The most recommended turpentine product is from Diamond G Forest i believe. You can use turpentine from the hardware store as long as it’s 100% pure but for peace of mind, spend the money and buy the good stuff. You will know the difference by scent. Good turpentine has a piney, licorice scent to it. :)

Yup belly button and abdomin. I’ll apply castor oil and lanolin then add the turpentine to help it absorb. If you think about what turpentine is (pine essential oil), it’s not so dangerous. Of course it’s all about dosage.
The most recommended turpentine product is from Diamond G Forest i believe. You can use turpentine from the hardware store as long as it’s 100% pure but for peace of mind, spend the money and buy the good stuff. You will know the difference by scent. Good turpentine has a piney, licorice scent to it. :)
@Inaut Sounds great, I already have 'cold' pressed castor oil, might give this a try, piney/licorice scent sounds nice. I also like licorice to eat :D

LLight

I’m honestly at a lost. After trying eating more carbs, more food, more fat, less fat and numerous supps (gonadin, pansterone, energin, magnoil, androsterone, etc) I have only had very temporary increase in either
Right now my function and libido are a is always and I’m looking for some guidance people have found to help them.

I’m also hoping to keep this thread active woth bloodwork updates after different recommendations
I’m considering trying metergoline as I’ve heard serotonin antagonists can be helpful

It should be your last option if you even consider it but (I have the intuition that) fluid restriction could lead to the activation of the LXR (Liver X Receptor, via oxysterols production) which seems to be linked to steroid production.

First, the NFAT5 transcription (which senses hyperosmolarity) factor seems to (in vitro) activate the P450scc enzyme which starts the steroid hormone production.

The LXR is linked with androgen regulation in testis.

Liver X Receptors and Male (In)fertility
"LXRs have important roles in lipid metabolism and inflammation, plus a number of newly emerging roles. They are implicated in regulating lipid balance in normal male reproductive function and may provide a link between male infertility and lipid disorders and/or obesity. Studies from Lxr knockout mouse models provide compelling evidence to support this. More recently published data suggest distinct and overlapping roles of the LXR isoforms in the testis and recent evidence of a role for LXRs in human male fertility."​

From this study, it also seems to be able to activate P450scc and 5alpha-R (in the brain):
Activation of the Liver X Receptor Increases Neuroactive Steroid Levels and Protects from Diabetes-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
"Oxysterols (oxidized forms of cholesterol) activate the LXRs and induce expression of a battery of genes aimed at eliminating harmful concentrations of cholesterol, including genes involved in cholesterol efflux such as the ATP binding cassette family of transporters (e.g., ABCA1, ABCG1) (Beaven and Tontonoz, 2006; Cummins and Mangelsdorf, 2006). Recently, it was reported that LXRs directly modulate steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) expression in the adrenal gland, a transfer protein regulating cholesterol shuttling into mitochondria, a key step in the initiation of steroid hormone synthesis (Cummins et al., 2006)."

"Treatment of diabetic animals with an LXR activator restored mRNA levels of StAR, P450scc and 5-R to the level seen in normoglycemic controls, but had no effect on TSPO expression (Fig. 2). In agreement with these gene expression patterns, we observed that diabetes decreased neuroactive steroid levels in sciatic nerve, and that treatment with an LXR ligand counteracted these effects. Indeed, LC–MS/MS analysis showed that the levels of PREG, PROG, DHP, isopregnanolone, Tandits derivatives, DHT and 5-androstane-3,17-diol (3-diol) were significantly decreased in the sciatic nerve of diabetic rats (Table 1). LXR activation completely reversed the diabetesinduced decrease in PREG, PROG, DHP and 3-diol levels."
The Dehydration therapy helped children reduced their epilepsy, which can be controlled by progesterone according to Ray Peat? If it is then it's consistent.

OP
S

scoobydoo

It should be your last option if you even consider it but (I have the intuition that) fluid restriction could lead to the activation of the LXR (Liver X Receptor, via oxysterols production) which seems to be linked to steroid production.

First, the NFAT5 transcription (which senses hyperosmolarity) factor seems to (in vitro) activate the P450scc enzyme which starts the steroid hormone production.

The LXR is linked with androgen regulation in testis.

Liver X Receptors and Male (In)fertility
"LXRs have important roles in lipid metabolism and inflammation, plus a number of newly emerging roles. They are implicated in regulating lipid balance in normal male reproductive function and may provide a link between male infertility and lipid disorders and/or obesity. Studies from Lxr knockout mouse models provide compelling evidence to support this. More recently published data suggest distinct and overlapping roles of the LXR isoforms in the testis and recent evidence of a role for LXRs in human male fertility."​

From this study, it also seems to be able to activate P450scc and 5alpha-R (in the brain):
Activation of the Liver X Receptor Increases Neuroactive Steroid Levels and Protects from Diabetes-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
"Oxysterols (oxidized forms of cholesterol) activate the LXRs and induce expression of a battery of genes aimed at eliminating harmful concentrations of cholesterol, including genes involved in cholesterol efflux such as the ATP binding cassette family of transporters (e.g., ABCA1, ABCG1) (Beaven and Tontonoz, 2006; Cummins and Mangelsdorf, 2006). Recently, it was reported that LXRs directly modulate steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) expression in the adrenal gland, a transfer protein regulating cholesterol shuttling into mitochondria, a key step in the initiation of steroid hormone synthesis (Cummins et al., 2006)."

"Treatment of diabetic animals with an LXR activator restored mRNA levels of StAR, P450scc and 5-R to the level seen in normoglycemic controls, but had no effect on TSPO expression (Fig. 2). In agreement with these gene expression patterns, we observed that diabetes decreased neuroactive steroid levels in sciatic nerve, and that treatment with an LXR ligand counteracted these effects. Indeed, LC–MS/MS analysis showed that the levels of PREG, PROG, DHP, isopregnanolone, Tandits derivatives, DHT and 5-androstane-3,17-diol (3-diol) were significantly decreased in the sciatic nerve of diabetic rats (Table 1). LXR activation completely reversed the diabetesinduced decrease in PREG, PROG, DHP and 3-diol levels."
The Dehydration therapy helped children reduced their epilepsy, which can be controlled by progesterone according to Ray Peat? If it is then it's consistent.

Funnily enough i did this on accident to no avail. I was taking 2mg progestene and gonadin before bed. For whatever reason it made me super dehydrated and every morning my pee was the darkest I've ever seen. I stopped, rehydrated but nothing changed. In fact I've begun losing significant size down there as well...

LLight

Funnily enough i did this on accident to no avail. I was taking 2mg progestene and gonadin before bed. For whatever reason it made me super dehydrated and every morning my pee was the darkest I've ever seen. I stopped, rehydrated but nothing changed. In fact I've begun losing significant size down there as well...

To clarify my conclusion which was not really unambiguous :):

The 'dehydration therapy' (which consists in limiting fluids during a long period of time) appeared to have some potent effect on epilepsy in children, when it was studied during the early 20th century. My hypothesis is that fluid restriction could lead to the production of oxysterols (4beta -hydroxycholesterol and 25-hydroxycholesterol, from the action of the CYP3A4 enzyme on cholesterol in the liver) which are ligands to the LXR.

The mecanism could be an increase in progesterone in the brain (Ray Peat says that progesterone can be helpful regarding epilepsy), stimulated by the activation of the LXR as described in the article (which could be also in the testes and elsewhere, potentially regulating libido/testosterone production).

Not sure about an inverse effect except that progesterone should oppose the effect of estrogen which can induce fluid retention?

Edit: the article describes an increase of progesterone in the sciatic nerve, not in the brain.

I've noticed an immediate increase with a shot of vodka. Same experience with other liquor (wine) but I found vodka the easiest for my body to deal with.

OP
S

scoobydoo

Me too I guess. Bodyweight squatting is probably the best equipment free alternative.
I’ll have to look at this book
Do you do any other form of exercise?
I’m starting to T.H. in k that my break from working out was more detrimental that beneficial

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals