Unsure of cause of gastritis/low HCL

angelina

So, I had some digestive issues that really ramped up this past summer. My scopes (endo and colon) showed that I have mild stomach inflammation and the diagnosis was gastritis. Since that diagnosis, I have had more trouble with food going down as well as continued burning and discomfort under my ribs. I strongly believe that my gastritis was caused by low HCL. I've had problems with this in the past. though never to this degree. I believe it is mainly from life stress and I have been questioning the adrenal cocktail I was using. My question is how can I going to find the reason for my low HCL? I read here that D-Limonene is a good treatment, but my concern is that if I don't source the problem, I may get back here again. I don't want to have to endlessly depend on Betaine HCL for unknown reasons. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding it in now with all of the burning. Has anyone had luck determining the cause of low HCL, and if you did, how did you figure it out? I was certainly getting enough salt in the cocktail. I'm without a gallbladder and appendix. Biopsy was negative for H Pylori. The scope didn't show any bile in my stomach. Should I push for some kind of liver testing? My liver blood markers were fine. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
So, I had some digestive issues that really ramped up this past summer. My scopes (endo and colon) showed that I have mild stomach inflammation and the diagnosis was gastritis. Since that diagnosis, I have had more trouble with food going down as well as continued burning and discomfort under my ribs. I strongly believe that my gastritis was caused by low HCL. I've had problems with this in the past. though never to this degree. I believe it is mainly from life stress and I have been questioning the adrenal cocktail I was using. My question is how can I going to find the reason for my low HCL? I read here that D-Limonene is a good treatment, but my concern is that if I don't source the problem, I may get back here again. I don't want to have to endlessly depend on Betaine HCL for unknown reasons. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding it in now with all of the burning. Has anyone had luck determining the cause of low HCL, and if you did, how did you figure it out? I was certainly getting enough salt in the cocktail. I'm without a gallbladder and appendix. Biopsy was negative for H Pylori. The scope didn't show any bile in my stomach. Should I push for some kind of liver testing? My liver blood markers were fine. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
Could be a micronutrient deficiency. Zinc is necessary for proper stomach acid production.

OP
A

angelina

Could be a micronutrient deficiency. Zinc is necessary for proper stomach acid production.
Thanks Hans. Yes, I have considered that somehow I may have depleted my zinc (probably stress.) I have been able to tolerate shellfish so I have tried to increase the amount I've been eating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals