Causes of Hypochlorhydria

OP
U

ursidae

A relevant bit of information that was pointed out by @Rasaari in another thread discussing AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF OXALURIA, WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO ITS FERMENTATIVE ORIGIN.

"In certain clinical disturbances which in some of the cases studied above were associated with absence of free hydrochloric acid from the gastric juice, oxalic acid is formed in the organism. 8. This formation in the organism is connected with fermentative activity in the alimentary canal. (a) The prolonged feeding of dogs with excessive quantities of glucose, together with meat, leads eventually to a state of oxaluria. (b) This experimental oxaluria is associated with a.mucous gastritis, and with absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric contents.

(c) The oxaluria and the accompanying gastritis are referable to fermentation induced by the excessive feeding with sugar. (d) The experimental gastritis from fermentation is associated with the formation of oxalic acid in the gastric contents. 9. The symptoms attributed to an oxalic acid diathesis, with the exception of those due to local irritation in the genitourinary tract, do not appear to be due to the presence in the system of soluble oxalates, but are more likely to depend on other products of fermentation and putrefaction"

OP
U

ursidae

my gut has been off lately, since my mid december exams to be precise. Got acid reflux for the first time in my life that might have been induced by the exam stress and my extremely shitty living conditions. would get discomfort from as little as eating 2 dates. I was also on a £5/day budget for a while and could only afford to eat ground beef, tomatoes, oats and dates for a while. celery juice fixed the reflux in 2 days and after the exams things settled down. Until I started getting nauseous from every thing I eat- I stopped being able to eat potatoes and now I can't consume vegetable juice without nausea. Oats cause nausea too sometimes and Fruit juice gives me severe bloating. last night I drank some juice and ate some cod an hour later for dinner. I got woken up by my noisy roommates in the middle of the night and while trying to get back to sleep I experienced a pretty severe bout of nausea and really bad pain all over my intestines, my allergic rhinitis flared up as well. Not sure what that was but it was really unpleasant. I think I have caught an infection in the upper GI tract. There doesn't seem to be a safe food to eat at the moment as everything causes either nausea, burning dermatitis on my face or bloating. I'll have to find a safe anti microbial to fix this

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

I've gone back to a very basic diet of just sweet potatoes and cod and a lot of the inflammation in my face has disappeared. It is unfortunate that the sweet potatoeshere are imported from far away and not stored in the sunny and dry conditions they need as a plant that's vulnerable to mold. It's hard to come by ones that don't have small patches of mold and those that don't have it visible develop it if I let them sit on the counter for too long.
So far without beef there's NO itchy painful dermatitis and my acne stopped hurting. Beef really does a number on my skin
identified some of the triggers for the nausea
not eating for too long
laying flat on my back and on my stomach
laying on my right side
any volatile plant matter such as the majority of spices and raw vegetables
too much starch eaten in a sitting
slouching

cold fruit juice shuts my digestion down and is the only food that makes me feel bloated and heavy. Room temperature fruit juice isn't much better, I think without the fibre I'm more prone malaabsorbing the fructose

I've stopped taking choline so hopefully my acetylcholine level will normalise and I won't be so prone to nausea.
I've also increased calcium intake as I've been slacking on supplementation for a while now

I'm still having the gut pain in my ileocecal valve and sometimes in the areas of the pancreas, liver, stomach and appendix. Hopefully in a week of very careful eating this will normalise

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

I found a rare ripe papaya yesterday and decided to experiment a bit with papaya seeds due to their anti-parasitic action. The seeds taste toxic and their smell is pungent and potent so I'm a bit concerned about them causing damage. I ate 70% of the seeds in the papaya this morning. Didn't notice any pain. Three hours later the seeds provoked an interesting bowel movement in terms of consistency and smell. Some of the seeds that i did not chew were intact although stomach acid should be strong enough to alter them a bit. I'll probably do this for two more days

OP
U

ursidae

I tried reintroducing eggs and butter two days ago and whole eggs caused me bad bloating. I didn't want to throw out the yolks and I wanted to see if only whites are problematic so I used them in a rice egg lemon chicken soup. I used organic/free range ingredients but the soup caused more bloating and today there's also severe pain all over my digestive tract but particularly the ileocecal valve and liver. eggs and egg yolks seem to be detrimental. I cooked the whites fully but left the yolks undercooked so maybe I got food poisoning.
Also, I let the fruit juice that I drank when I had a flare up a week ago sit in a glass for a bit and it developed a thick layer of mold on its surface. I suspect I got infected by whatever was in the juice and possibly the eggs exacerbated this. My throat has been sore for a while and I have been quite hungry today but most things I eat are causing pain

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom