Cut The Circle Of Gut Issues, Where To Enter? I Am Confused

Pompadour

I do not want to get the same diabetis type1, as I have insuline problem since childhood
I have a risk of developing T1D and some publications scare me , as i try now to implement Ray Peat's ideas.
So i am wondering if i am right to do such self experimentation and starting a lot of milk and more coffee... What if in my case it can be a trigger of developing T1?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

@Pompadour How do you know you are at risk?
I have noticed that most people seem to have previous signs, so by trying and listening to the body....
I tell you what is the biggest issue for me, in general: when you do something and the result is bad, is it because of what you do, or because you have not done it enough?
Modify or insist? That is the question!
You can read what I last post, about liver detox, as it is linked to pancreas anyway...
i like the advice to start with gut, because it is said that if you detox liver etc, before having a nice way out for the cleaning wastes, then you will damage yourself more.

So for milk and sugar, 1st what tells your stomach and the rest. I am not in the same climate, and I do not use sugar nor milk, and I can see that I cannot push carbs until my upper gut is clean.
The paper I mention also says what you can expect of narangenin, and it is important to understand how work the 2 phases of the liver detox, because each case is different according to whicch of the 2 is stuck. My genetic shows that I am better at the 1st than the second, and it expains a lot for me, and for the stategy.

Now I start to understand how we can use others' experience!

haidut

Forum Supporter
High glucarate and hippurate

High hippurate means you already have a lot of glycine. Hippuric acid is form by conjugating excess glycine so that it can be excreted by the kidneys. Usually high hippurate means high ammonia. I would test for that, especially if you suspect liver issues. You may want to try the Ceylon cinnamon option we discussed in a few threads.
NO Causes Parkinson (PD)

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Hi, XPlus, thanks for your thoughts on this. I have always been hypothyroid.

As far as digestion, it seems to be fine. No issues that I'm aware of. Same with liver function. No other health problems.

Whether I'm not producing enough insulin, or just insulin-resistant, I don't know, since several doctors have refused to do the testing to find out because I'm not officially diabetic.

I also stopped taking estrogen, which I had been taking for 8 years.

This is actually pretty interesting. IIRC Peat has talked about estrogen and its relation to autoimmunity. I know most type 1s I know experience estrogenic symptoms. I am not saying that caused it, but it is kind of interesting...

Based on my "same and different" system, my thyroid results were fine, and on the contrary, my digestion and liver are not.
I have never taken estrogen. My PMS was not severe.
And I have high glycemia, so many things are different from artemis, I take it into account in the labyrinth...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

High hippurate means you already have a lot of glycine. Hippuric acid is form by conjugating excess glycine so that it can be excreted by the kidneys. Usually high hippurate means high ammonia. I would test for that, especially if you suspect liver issues. You may want to try the Ceylon cinnamon option we discussed in a few threads.
Thanks, I like cinnamon... maybe just use it more... I have a good feeling with it. I remember I was so good with a cream I made, and I was heavy on cinnamon!
For hippurate, then why Genova suggests glycine?
I guess I have, gelatine food has always been a favorite of mine.

What else appart from test can tell about amonia? Any sign like from the smell of breathing or whatever?

Yes sure for liver, and my left side feels heavy and slightly tense and some little pain.
Also my reaction yesterday at dentist local anestesia was strange, and I have been years with an instinct to reduce chemicals, I have a special hate for car gas and products for laundry and personal perfumes.
And I have liver spots, the ruby little very red spots.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks, I like cinnamon... maybe just use it more... I have a good feeling with it. I remember I was so good with a cream I made, and I was heavy on cinnamon!
For hippurate, then why Genova suggests glycine?
I guess I have, gelatine food has always been a favorite of mine.

What else appart from test can tell about amonia? Any sign like from the smell of breathing or whatever?

Yes sure for liver, and my left side feels heavy and slightly tense and some little pain.
Also my reaction yesterday at dentist local anestesia was strange, and I have been years with instinct to reduce chemicals, I have a specail hate for car gas and products for laundry and perosnal perfumes.

Well, if ammonia is high you start feeling fatigues, agitated, may get insomnia even though you are tired. Breath and sweat may smell like ammonia as well but those are harder to rely upon then a blood test. If the cinnamon helps and makes you feel suddenly better then ammonia is likely high.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Larch arabinogalactan also helps to lower the generation and absorption of ammonia.

“Vince et al have suggested arabinogalactan might have clinical value in the treatment of porto-systemic encephalopathy because of this ability to lower the generation and subsequent absorption of ammonia.8”

“Arabinogalactans are useful for therapeutic treatment of infections caused by pathogenic microorganisms, particularly intestinal bacteria, such as Gram-negative types. Treatment with arabinogalactan is particularly applicable to bacterias of the Enterobacteriaceae type such as Escherichia coli bacteria, particularly those strains manifesting K88+ fimbrae. Arabinogalactans were shown to have dramatic effects on bacterial adherence (45).”

http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/4/2/96.pdf

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I will have to give it a try...
Curcuma seem to also have some of this substance! Other plants, but larch looks the main source.
Making SCFA is definitely good, I just hope the fermentation will be adapted to my gut... that is the main drawback for me. If it is fermented upward, and not in the colon, that would be bad. I am almost sure the kind of overgrowth I have is from good guys from the colon who moved to the "wrong home".

Sodium benzoate is a pharma drug for liver conditions involving toxic levels of ammonia.
If relevant, my benzoate is less than detection limit in my urine test.

BTW, my L-lactate is the one that is high = 18
but my D-lactate is low = 0,4
L. acidophilus /general bacteria No Abnormality Found
Clostridial Species No Abnormality Found
Yeast/Fungal No Abnormality Found

What is not normal (too high) are Phenylacetate and indican, indicating Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth.

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

I have a risk of developing T1D and some publications scare me , as i try now to implement Ray Peat's ideas.
  • Milk - all milk or only A1 variation can be a trigger for T1
http://mindfuldiabetic.com/
They get fruits!
You already do it if I remember well, so I would not get on milk. Maybe cheese?

I do not know what is the A1 variation?

Pompadour

@Pompadour How do you know you are at risk?
Well, i have two of the risky antibodies for T1D which are in the upper range of normal, though still within normal.
My grandfather had diabetes. Not insulin dependent as i know, so maybe not autoimmune... or was it some kind of not full blown T1D? As i understand LADA (type 1D which develops in adults) can take a lot of time to develop.
Also i have problems with liver, digestion and gallbladder . And my pancreas show some signs of changes via ultrasound. I feel hypoglycemie sometimes.
All these maybe is not the end of the world, but it scares me enough to search for the answers. First i tryed low glycemic index diet (Michael Montignac Methode), then paleo diet... But lower carb (less then 125g per day) made me feel low sugar episodes, wich i didn't like at all. I thought that i am protected against insulin resistance etc. due to my 'perfect" diet. That is why now i am at this forum and trying some Ray Peat ideas.
http://mindfuldiabetic.com/
They get fruits!
You already do it if I remember well, so I would not get on milk. Maybe cheese?
Thank you for the link - i didn't see this site before. What do you mean you would not get on milk? Do you think that it can be dangerous for T1D? As i understand cheese might have the same proteins as milk.
I do not know what is the A1 variation?
A1 is popular cow's milk variety. And some studies suggest that it is more dangerous.
A2 type is less dangerous and goat milk is this type. But maybe it is not good for me anyway. I just don;t know.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

If you make a first change, eating more fruits than before, then milk is a second change, and the body is best at adapting slowly.
"less is more".
Then see how your guts respond to milk! I can see cheese is better for me. But I am lucky to have the sort of cheese that is goat, raw, organic, and made with rennet, so basically this is taking milk + the stuff from baby goat that does the job for me!
Then, I can see that cheese is fine for my transit, as I have to slow it, and milk accelerate, which I do not want.

My 1st step is to deal with guts and throat, guess they are linked.
Did you see my pdf link to understand liver detox? Above somewhere...

Then I have also learned the link beetween lilver and pancreas, and the possible problem of pancreatitis. I know somebody who has no more gall-bladder, and now his problem has reached his pancreas, with pain. He is on insuline anyway and refuses to change diet. But it made me look for the problem, and the problem might be this one:
lack of digestive acid, which do not stimulate proper secretion of bile and digestive sodium bicarbonate from pancreas. Havoc on the rest of digestion... And improper STERILISATION of what enters the stomach!
Then if the acid balance of the body is not good, as with my lactic acid, it also means that the body has problem to make those enzyme alcaline enough. Then bilis can start to be not fluid, problem with gal-bladder, and then as both what comes from liver and pancreas take the same "road", bilis can go up the duct and inflamate pancreas.

That is why I take betaine HCl and digestive enzymes. Then it is not enough as I react if I focus on fruits, baloon belly... Salads are out at the moment, as the fiber is not fine. I have had heart burn before, solved with cider vinegar, which indicated me the way of taking betaine HCl. This problem is over, bu recently I had my 1st real reflux, occuring each time I was starting to fall asleep. Before those 2 nights, I had a carb rich meal, once there were bananas, and last it was apple juice.

I have tried to have well cooked sartch for supper with butter, and no problem. If I have protein, no problem. Something sweat, problem.

Really, 1st come digestion and gut, and then detox liver etc. How do you want to increase sugar or fruit if digestion is getting mad with it?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Well, i have two of the risky antibodies for T1D which are in the upper range of normal, though still within normal.
My grandfather had diabetes. Not insulin dependent as i know, so maybe not autoimmune... or was it some kind of not full blown T1D? As i understand LADA (type 1D which develops in adults) can take a lot of time to develop.
Also i have problems with liver, digestion and gallbladder . And my pancreas show some signs of changes via ultrasound. I feel hypoglycemie sometimes.
All these maybe is not the end of the world, but it scares me enough to search for the answers. First i tryed low glycemic index diet (Michael Montignac Methode), then paleo diet... But lower carb (less then 125g per day) made me feel low sugar episodes, wich i didn't like at all. I thought that i am protected against insulin resistance etc. due to my 'perfect" diet. That is why now i am at this forum and trying some Ray Peat ideas.

Thank you for the link - i didn't see this site before. What do you mean you would not get on milk? Do you think that it can be dangerous for T1D? As i understand cheese might have the same proteins as milk.

A1 is popular cow's milk variety. And some studies suggest that it is more dangerous.
A2 type is less dangerous and goat milk is this type. But maybe it is not good for me anyway. I just don;t know.

Its all about the polysaccharides, thats why certain medicinal mushrooms are so beneficial. The Larch arabinogalactan is one of the most potent sources of polysaccharides, it has enhanced every aspect of my health; digestion, liver, blood sugar modulation…

Anti-diabetic polysaccharides from natural sources: A review. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
Xisca

Xisca

@Daniel11 Could tell what were your specific issues, or do you have a thread were you presented it?
What you tell is interresting, but knowing our common points and our differences would help to know in CONTEXT what of what worked for you will work for me or others.
I cannot find larix appart from iherb and I think they say something about posting to my place... and no way to find it in Europe, appart from tablet form, or other brand in tablet too.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 Could tell what were your specific issues, or do you have a thread were you presented it?
What you tell is interresting, but knowing our common points and our differences would help to know in CONTEXT what of what worked for you will work for me or others.
I cannot find larix appart from iherb and I think they say something about posting to my place... and no way to find it in Europe, appart from tablet form, or other brand in tablet too.

The benefits if the Red Light and Larch arabinogalactan is that they bring homeostasis, i do not think it matters what your lab results tell you, they are adaptogenic.

Many years of fatigue, severe food and chemical sensitivity, major digestive issues, always bloated and constipated, low blood pressure, slow pulse, very strong body odor, vision was really effected, could barley read, everything blurring, eye exams showed no concerns, sensory processing issues, memory was awful, hyper-sensitive to other peoples feelings, voices and odors, difficulty communicating and expressing myself.

EMF sensitivity, muscle pain everywhere, my body always hurt, years of insomnia, never got full nights sleep, hardly any dream time, low sexual energy, enlarged prostate, i use to get up to urinate 7-10 times a night, inflammation everywhere, constant stress, anxiety and lower back pain.

I was born c-section and not given breast milk, got lots of antibiotic growing up, also feel i got lots of chemical exposure to the new carpets we installed every time we moved.

I have traveled the world meeting with the best medical and holistic doctors, studied almost every form of healing, worked with numerous food styles, finally after studying Rays articles i began focusing on the thyroid and endocrine functioning, took american brand NDT for couple years, helped a little so got inspired then tried idealabs tyromax, this was first supplement to really increase my metabolism no other NDT came close, probably the DMSO it really improves absorption, i always thought it was a interesting substance.

Through the years i have always kept up with the research in to using the red spectrum of light for healing, and then after meeting this yogi in the Himalayas that sun gazed and taught me, i experienced the benefits of getting light in through the eyes.

The original Red Light devices were to weak an then i saw red light man was making a proper light device i gave it a try on my thyroid, and my sun gazing experience helped know it was safe to shine in my eyes.

I quickly started going through very positive changes, adding Lemonade, Larch arabinogalactan and Royal Jelly to my diet brought even many more benefits.

I had lots of mercury fillings and several metal alloy crowns since i was young, 15 years ago i had all the metal fillings removed but still had one metal crown and the root canal under it for many years.

Last year i finally had root canal tooth removed and titanium post with e-max porcelain crown put in, i noticed an immediate positive shift in my physiology. I was quite astounded the difference it made having the root canal tooth removed.

I feel root canals can be a underlying source of many peoples health issues, Im sure it was major part of the cause of my health decline.

“It is impossible to clean out all the dead tissue from the canal of the tooth. Any dead tissue left in the body becomes gangrenous. The toxins that come out of gangrenous tissue are very harmful to the body and pose a threat to the immune system. Nowhere else in medicine would a physician suggest to leave dead tissue in the body.”

I Have A Root Canal - What Are My Options? - OraWellness

Ozonated olive oil has also really helped my teeth and gums.

Using Ozonated Olive Oil for Teeth and Gums | Puro3

I have a whole new life now, have lots of energy, i sleep good, have wonderful sexual energy, i enjoy reading, conversation and meeting new people, i eat a variety of food, i feel happy and inspired.

Pure good quality water is always important, i drink mostly distilled water. I would not worry to much about the long term effects of what your eating now, just eat what makes you feel best each day and the day after, as you regain your health and the seasons change so will your intuitive understating of what foods are best as you evolve through life.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Many similarities! EMF and MQS persons can stay at my home, I do all my best for this and I have good air, water free of chlore at least...
Mercury removing triggered me for sure. I still have my two upper canines that are "dead", but I still have to replace molars on one side, that would be 2 titanium, and dentists are not great here, a bit stuck, and those new cavities...
The difference is that my labs were fine for thyroid, my temps are regular and high during the day, fall at night normally, and that I supose my liver problems and endotoxin can have another origine, the before birth exposure to toxins. This is enough even to disbalance hormones. Almost sure I could not be pregnant.
Here is another good brand of Larch Arabinogalactan, you want to be sure to get enough, at 2tbs a day you go through the stuff...
Yes, I thought tablets would not give enough....
I might eat my doors, they are made from Larch!!!!!!!!!!!
Its a good wood when one does not want to treat with chemicals...
Do you think we can homemake something oursleves, with the wood?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

"Enhance natural liver detoxification"
They do not say what phase.... and I have to stimulate phase II, conjugation, and absolutely not the 1st phase, that I have too fast compared to the 2nd.

Pompadour

If you make a first change, eating more fruits than before, then milk is a second change, and the body is best at adapting slowly.
"less is more".
Then see how your guts respond to milk!
It is not always possible to notice immune reaction for something. I drink milk anyway , but i am a little bit afraid of it.
Did you see my pdf link to understand liver detox? Above somewhere...
I saw and i saved it. Thank you.
Then I have also learned the link beetween lilver and pancreas, and the possible problem of pancreatitis. I know somebody who has no more gall-bladder, and now his problem has reached his pancreas, with pain. He is on insuline anyway and refuses to change diet. But it made me look for the problem
It sure so. Here in Russia when someone have problems with gallbladder they consider that liver and pancreas are affected. These organs are too close to each other and are too connected. So here we have diagnosis "reactive pancreatitis" - and it is almost always ther if one has gallbladder problem. Reactive pancreatitis just reflects the state when pancreas are under constant stress and slightly changed. My gallbladder is slow (low-function) and i have biliary reflux from time to time. And i have this reactive pancreatitis in my medical hystory. In Russia we have this diagnosis - as i know it is not very known in other countries. But still we don't know what to do with it - so doesn't matter.:)
Its all about the polysaccharides, thats why certain medicinal mushrooms are so beneficial.
Thank you very much for interesting link!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

It is not always possible to notice immune reaction for something. I drink milk anyway , but i am a little bit afraid of it.
Right, I just meant about the gut reaction, yes this is the ony part that is veeeery visible :))

Each country seem to have specialties that could benefit others!
I have discovered by myself this of the link between the 2. or 3, if you count stomach getting the reflux!
Haidut seem to say that betaine HCl is not so good because it is a strong metilator, but this depends if we are good or bad at metilating! People with liver burden and toxicity problems are usually poor metilator, I read...

So we can find a solution for this of the stomach not enough acid and duodenum not enough alcaline, at least that is what I look for! My searching says that too much acid in the body and the stomach cannot make enough juices. Haidut mentions hypothyroidism (do you have this?), but my results were ok and my temps are ok. So there should be something else that causes low stomach acid....

I take betaine HCl with meal, 1 from Lambert, and I take baking soda and / or magnesium carbonate 2 hours later.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals