How To Improve Digestion

aliciahere

I'm trying to put together the puzzle that is me. Diagnosed with Celiac and Hypothyroid with autoimmune markers, and potential others due to raised ANA markers.

I've been reading a lot about Nicianamide and supplementing at high amounts. Haidut posted a link a while back about how high dose B3 has been used to treat/reverse certain autoimmune disorders. I've been taking 1500mg per day for the past two weeks. 1000 with breakfast (with asprin and coffee), and 500 at supper (with asprin). Feeling good. Sleeping well. Libido up! After I took it for the first time I immediately started burping, and the bloating that I have been having for a while now disappeared. I've been wondering why this occurred and wondered if it was because of how it aids in the digestion of proteins (huh, kinda similar to how I can't digest the gluten protein). It also aids in the proper absorption of thyroxine (huh, would totally affect my thyroid). Are there other supplements that I could take that would assist with the absorption of protein? Something about it just clicked for me. Here is a RP quote I found:

"Mary Shomon:You have talked about internal malnutrition as a problem for many thyroid patients, due to insufficient digestive juices and poor intestinal movements. Are there ways patients who are treated for hypothyroidism can help alleviate this problem.

Dr. Ray Peat: The absorption and retention of magnesium, sodium, and copper, and the synthesis of proteins, are usually poor in hypothyroidism. Salt craving is common in hypothyroidism, and eating additional sodium tends to raise the body temperature, and by decreasing the production of aldosterone, it helps to minimize the loss of magnesium, which in turn allows cells to respond better to the thyroid hormone. This is probably why a low sodium diet increases adrenalin production, and why eating enough sodium lowers adrenalin and improves sleep. The lowered adrenalin is also likely to improve intestinal motility."

What if it's all linked to our ability to digest various proteins and minerals? Being celiac is only one symptom/cause of it (at least for me), and it would end up affecting so many others due to the inflammation. Stuffing ourselves with more protein/minerals may not fix it, how can we increase the digestion of said proteins and minerals?

Am I completely going off in the wrong direction here? Completely off my rocker? I know that there are much smarter people on this forum than I. Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Xisca

how can we increase the digestion of said proteins and minerals?
Betaine HCl
I have just ordered this to try, and it looks to be the right solution.

I am off gluten for years now, and it did not fix all!

I do not think we "digest" minerals, but they are absorbed when the macro nutrients are properly digested. We also need to digest fats, and for me there, the solution is to make emultions = mayonnaise, Ray mentions this even with coconut oil, and it does work, I was already doing it. Chocolate mousse is also a great food, except that I do not put the egg White. I ame it with banana instead.

You also need to digest well carbs, so cook 1 hour, and any digestive enzyms.... I also have a mix of enzymes, solgar I think, but there was not enough HCl, so I bought it separately.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals