Add on to regimen from Idea Labs? to attempt to address remaining issues - temperature dips at times and allergies and severe chemical sensitivities

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I was addressing an altered expression of neurosteroids from chronic SSRI use. and a feeling of dysforia especially sexual function or orgasm quality which has improved physically, but not mentally. Im still feeling off and somewhat dysforic
Do you take thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone and/or dhea? i have helped men with this successfully.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

@Advocate2021 Yeah I have tried all of those
Seretonin lowering agents like cyproheptadine? Also, took the PEA last night before bed but did not have the same effect of knocking me out- wish it had as would be great for sleep. hmmm. perhaps it was just an intitial jolt with the first dose? Or also I happened to start menstruation yesterday and do usually get wiped out the day before if starts so could have been that actually. i had not realized that was happening as had expected cycle to start tomorrow. going to try it again afternoon time.

PeskyPeater

@Advocate2021 of course even used cyproheptadine. No actually I 've done tests and seems I need to increase the release of extracellar serotonin in the brain but not so much as to cause serotonin syndrome. It is not easy to do it without increasing peripheral serotonin, but I got a few idea's

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I think the rise in estradiol at mentruation is excitatory and lessens the effect of the PEA and progesterone itself on allopregnanolone thus acting against GABA calming effect
you are very nuanced and knowledgeable. although i believe estrogen and progesterone actually fall at menstruation but perhaps were high the day before when i went into the coma. started the period yesterday although was just the beginning and light (today is the real flow and heavy day) and last night the PEA did not sedate at all and you are saying potentially yesterday estrogen was still high and maybe has fallen today now that flow is really substantial. Test will be when i take again this afternoon i suppose and see if i get the sedated effect all makes sense now as was having GI and head symptoms monday night and yesterday which are all of the sudden better today. Those definitely go along with high estrogen times for me usually at ovulation and then again right before menstruation. Us women have a whole other fluctuation to deal with on top of overall balancing. Quite nuanced but you definitely are a great resource for those of in need of very nuanced recommendations.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

you are very nuanced and knowledgeable. although i believe estrogen and progesterone actually fall at menstruation but perhaps were high the day before when i went into the coma. started the period yesterday although was just the beginning and light (today is the real flow and heavy day) and last night the PEA did not sedate at all and you are saying potentially yesterday estrogen was still high and maybe has fallen today now that flow is really substantial. Test will be when i take again this afternoon i suppose and see if i get the sedated effect all makes sense now as was having GI and head symptoms monday night and yesterday which are all of the sudden better today. Those definitely go along with high estrogen times for me usually at ovulation and then again right before menstruation. Us women have a whole other fluctuation to deal with on top of overall balancing. Quite nuanced but you definitely are a great resource for those of in need of very nuanced recommendations.
Realizing that i must have reversed my reasoning- estrogen must have been lower the day i had the sedation and risen again yesterday just as menstruation began and now back down again? confusing because i thought the sudden drop in estrogen and progesterone is what trigger mensuration but then again my body is kind of alien with my history so maybe not the case for me.

PeskyPeater

@Advocate2021

I dunno if PEA could actually affect the estradiol in the brain and increase allopregnanolone. I think you are right that at menses the estrogen is lower and it is higher before menses or at pre-ovulary time.

As a male Im not an expert at this though, I did found this interesting study:

Abstract​

Estradiol and progesterone vary along the menstrual cycle and exert opposite effects on a variety of neurotransmitter systems. However, few studies have addressed menstrual cycle-dependent changes in the brain. In the present study we investigate menstrual cycle changes in brain activation and connectivity patterns underlying cognition. Thirty-six naturally cycling women underwent functional MRI during two cognitive tasks: spatial navigation and verbal fluency. While no significant performance differences were observed along the menstrual cycle, the changes in brain activation patterns are strikingly similar during both tasks. Irrespective of the task, estradiol boosts hippocampal activation during the pre-ovulatory cycle phase and progesterone boosts fronto-striatal activation during the luteal cycle phase. Connectivity analyses suggest that the increase in right-hemispheric frontal activation is the result of inter-hemispheric decoupling and is involved in the down-regulation of hippocampal activation. The cycling brain: menstrual cycle related fluctuations in hippocampal and fronto-striatal activation and connectivity during cognitive tasks - Neuropsychopharmacology

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

@Advocate2021

I dunno if PEA could actually affect the estradiol in the brain and increase allopregnanolone. I think you are right that at menses the estrogen is lower and it is higher before menses or at pre-ovulary time.

As a male Im not an expert at this though, I did found this interesting study:
Thanks- makes sense and also wondering if PEA dosing should be modified depending upon where in cycle- like maybe not taking it when estrogen surges as kind of waste? I also recently found this with experimenting with cortinon. I have never done well with dhea as have never needed it with generous endogenous levels; but thought to try it again now that im older; although i need to get my levels tested and learned once again my chronology means nothing as my timeclock is completely different due to such a late puberty. i suspect my levels are more equivalent to a womans in her 30's as are all my other hormones and fertility status. Cortinon did not work for me at least during my ovulation week- magnified estrogen effects quite a bit and had swollen itchy nipples this last round like never before duing that week and blown up soar breasts- havent had this in a long time and coincided with introducing cortinon about a little after last menstruation. So i will definitely not use it anywhere near ovulation and will have to get dhea levels tested to determine when and how to use it. I think a drop or two on my damaged foot and and face at times probably ok for localized effects which will have a tiny systemic effect too should be ok.

PeskyPeater

Thanks- makes sense and also wondering if PEA dosing should be modified depending upon where in cycle- like maybe not taking it when estrogen surges as kind of waste? I also recently found this with experimenting with cortinon. I have never done well with dhea as have never needed it with generous endogenous levels; but thought to try it again now that im older; although i need to get my levels tested and learned once again my chronology means nothing as my timeclock is completely different due to such a late puberty. i suspect my levels are more equivalent to a womans in her 30's as are all my other hormones and fertility status. Cortinon did not work for me at least during my ovulation week- magnified estrogen effects quite a bit and had swollen itchy nipples this last round like never before duing that week and blown up soar breasts- havent had this in a long time and coincided with introducing cortinon about a little after last menstruation. So i will definitely not use it anywhere near ovulation and will have to get dhea levels tested to determine when and how to use it. I think a drop or two on my damaged foot and and face at times probably ok for localized effects which will have a tiny systemic effect too should be ok.
As palmitoyl ethanalamide is not a stereoid, I dont think it is dangerous to use around those times. It seems not to displace or interfere with the direct effects of hormones in the body.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

As palmitoyl ethanalamide is not a stereoid, I dont think it is dangerous to use around those times. It seems not to displace or interfere with the direct effects of hormones in the body.
it was more an issue of waste i was thinking since you said estrogen cancels it out to some degree and seems the fact it didnt relax me last night suggests that.

PeskyPeater

I dunno how much 'cortinon' with the DHEA in it was used, but it seems that anything over 5 or 10mg could go towards estrogen. And as DHEA is an mild aromatase inhibitor it is risky to take when you have supersensitivity to estrogens especially in conjunction woth other aromatase inhibitors like aspirin and herbs or foods. Leaving aromatase enzyme alone is best in that case, or actually a little more estrogen or prostaglandins could be prefered in theory, as it may desensitise or normalize the cells but In practice it is going to be messy

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I dunno how much 'cortinon' with the DHEA in it was used, but it seems that anything over 5 or 10mg could go towards estrogen. And as DHEA is an mild aromatase inhibitor it is risky to take when you have supersensitivity to estrogens especially in conjunction woth other aromatase inhibitors like aspirin and herbs or foods. Leaving aromatase enzyme alone is best in that case, or actually a little more estrogen or prostaglandins could be prefered in theory, as it may desensitise or normalize the cells but In practice it is going to be messy
insightful. i was way under 5 mg as if i used 8 or 9 drops on different areas topically (and that was only a couple of days to see if it would help my food and address some facial items), im sure systemic absorption was at most half of that. I only used 4 drops sublingually one day- so never even took 5 mg. but could be that either tiny dose like 1 or 2 mg at most is beneficial for me (most likely will use on my foot injury to see if helps with that) or zero since im from Venus lol.

Also maybe the PEA would actually help with the estrogen surge symptoms which unfortuantely i have to deal with the week i ovulate and prior to bleeding no matter how much progesterone, aspirin, anti estrogen everything i do. so maybe i shoulld actually try larger amounts during estrogen surges- hmmm.

PeskyPeater

it was more an issue of waste i was thinking since you said estrogen cancels it out to some degree and seems the fact it didnt relax me last night suggests that.
No, It's not a waste, although its effects are not felt as much, it still has effects at the cholesterol/ stereoid synthesis (stAR) level nonetheless. Also it is a PPAR alpha agonist that regulates expression of genes, what may correct supersinsitivy or sub sensitivities and improving energy balance, indirectly may increases the effects of progesterone so to have a protective effect, anti-inflammatory etc.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

No, It's not a waste, although its effects are not felt as much, it still has effects at the cholesterol/ stereoid synthesis (stAR) level nonetheless. Also it is a PPAR alpha agonist that regulates expression of genes, what may correct supersinsitivy or sub sensitivities and improving energy balance, indirectly may increases the effects of progesterone so to have a protective effect, anti-inflammatory etc.
Then that makes me think my last post makes sense- increase it during estrogen surges. ive been going slow with it just with single doses but might be that i should try more daily- will see how i respond to the dose today and figure out whether to next try two doses per day or perhaps more smaller doses.- like 200 mg 4 times per day.

PeskyPeater

insightful. i was way under 5 mg as if i used 8 or 9 drops on different areas topically (and that was only a couple of days to see if it would help my food and address some facial items), im sure systemic absorption was at most half of that. I only used 4 drops sublingually one day- so never even took 5 mg. but could be that either tiny dose like 1 or 2 mg at most is beneficial for me (most likely will use on my foot injury to see if helps with that) or zero since im from Venus lol.
topically should be fine, and not be absorbed very much unless on very thin skin, like the forehead are many pores and if I use a pump of 3% dhea I can feel it giving a calming energy.
Also maybe the PEA would actually help with the estrogen surge symptoms which unfortuantely i have to deal with the week i ovulate and prior to bleeding no matter how much progesterone, aspirin, anti estrogen everything i do. so maybe i shoulld actually try larger amounts during estrogen surges- hmmm.
Yeah that sound like a nice experiment indeed.

here is another study about PEA increasing the expression of an very important gene Megalin / Lrp2 that is needed for hormone uptake, flies in the face of the free hormone theory .

New insights into the roles of megalin/LRP2 and the regulation of its functional expression - PubMed

Abstract

Since the discovery of the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) and its association with familial hypercholesterolemia in the early 1980s, a family of structurally related proteins has been discovered that has apolipoprotein E as a common ligand, and the broad functions of its members have been described. LRP2, or megalin, is a member of the LDLR family and was initially called gp330. Megalin is an endocytic receptor expressed on the apical surface of several epithelial cells that internalizes a variety of ligands including nutrients, hormones and their carrier proteins, signaling molecules, morphogens, and extracellular matrix proteins. Once internalized, these ligands are directed to the lysosomal degradation pathway or transported by transcytosis from one side of the cell to the opposite membrane. The availability of megalin at the cell surface is controlled by several regulatory mechanisms, including the phosphorylation of its cytoplasmic domain by GSK3, the proteolysis of the extracellular domain at the cell surface (shedding), the subsequent intramembrane proteolysis of the transmembrane domain by the gamma-secretase complex, and exosome secretion. Based on the important roles of its ligands and its tissue expression pattern, megalin has been recognized as an important component of many pathological conditions, including diabetic nephropathy, Lowe syndrome, Dent disease, Alzheimer's disease (AD) and gallstone disease. In addition, the expression of megalin and some of its ligands in the central and peripheral nervous system suggests a role for this receptor in neural regeneration processes. Despite its obvious importance, the regulation of megalin expression is poorly understood. In this review, we describe the functions of megalin and its association with certain pathological conditions as well as the current understanding of the mechanisms that underlie the control of megalin expression.

PeskyPeater

I forgot to mention, a PPAR alpha agonist like PEa increases the expression of megalin / lrp2 which is needed to take SHBG-bound hormones into the cell.

Olive leaf extract is also a PPAR alpha agonist and the tyrosol is good for increasing dopamine and mood

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I forgot to mention, a PPAR alpha agonist like PEa increases the expression of megalin / lrp2 which is needed to take SHBG-bound hormones into the cell.

Olive leaf extract is also a PPAR alpha agonist and the tyrosol is good for increasing dopamine and mood
thanks so much. Are you a scientist by profession or Dr. Peat's nephew lol?

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

LOL haha, oh no Im just another annoying researcher. I have some scientific background but am no Pro.
So just took my 400 mg PEA at about 2:40 pm CST and yet a new response/ i feel stimulated and excited- like an edge of the seat kind of feeling. headed to gym and my hands warm and a little tingly but in a good way. i definitely see what we have been talking about with the hormones first dose- was day before period, second on first day just as period emerging and third on next day after estrogen surge from yesterday had dissipated and those symptoms are gone. and three entirely different responses- wild.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals