Add on to regimen from Idea Labs? to attempt to address remaining issues - temperature dips at times and allergies and severe chemical sensitivities

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

It is spicy to my son too.
I just wrote to them on the site- ill update. The mexican cola also lists "spices" and i dont have a reaction to that flavor. So i asked them what is in the "spices" for each flavor. if the ingredients in "spices" are the same for both; must mean im allergic to the ginger in the ginger brew. It is really strong- too strong for me. At least Whole
Foods takes everything back .

I just wrote to them on the site- ill update. The mexican cola also lists "spices" and i dont have a reaction to that flavor. So i asked them what is in the "spices" for each flavor. if the ingredients in "spices" are the same for both; must mean im allergic to the ginger in the ginger brew. It is really strong- too strong for me. At least Whole
Foods takes everything back .
Or the caffeine in the cola acts like an anti-histamine. I can’t see that cola having pepper anyway, as it isn’t spicy in any way.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Or the caffeine in the cola acts like an anti-histamine. I can’t see that cola having pepper anyway, as it isn’t spicy in any way.
i just ate a couple pieces of the organic candied ginger i have and i dont react to it so its something else. it smells like black pepper to me- will find out soon enough. When i asked Dr. peat about black pepper in the past when i had horrid reactions to it, he said it is processed in a contaminated way that introduces molds and chemicals to it and that is why i react so terribly. i completely avoid it. I should have known better when "spices" was listed- could be a anything and i usually always find out exact ingredients before consuming anything.

i just ate a couple pieces of the organic candied ginger i have and i dont react to it so its something else. it smells like black pepper to me- will find out soon enough. When i asked Dr. peat about black pepper in the past when i had horrid reactions to it, he said it is processed in a contaminated way that introduces molds and chemicals to it and that is why i react so terribly. i completely avoid it. I should have known better when "spices" was listed- could be a anything and i usually always find out exact ingredients before consuming anything.
Are you ok?

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Are you ok?
For sure- was not trying to alarm- just posting feedback. i am so used to having reactions to chemicals this is just par for the course. i took cyproheptadine last night after it happened. its pretty much done- just have spicy taste in my mouth. I am very excited about the PEA per a few posts above by Peskypeater - i have a gut feeling this could be my answer to the chemical hypersensitivity which definitely set in when i was administered estrogen at 17 and got worse and worse over the 12 years i was on it- i think it made me permanently hypersensitive to anything estrogenic which all chemicals are. This could be my big breakthrough. Will keep all posted!!!

PeskyPeater

found this one on another thread on the forum Palmitoylethanolamide Powder | Micronized PEA | Natural Inflammation And Pain Support

Excited to try unless you recommend another source? this looks pretty clean though. do you have a recommendation re dose?
If that company gives out a COA certificate of analysis after request, then that micronised powder is a good idea for sublingual administration for increased absortion in contrast to orally where they use 1400mg daily.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

If that company gives out a COA certificate of analysis after request, then that micronised powder is a good idea for sublingual administration for increased absortion in contrast to orally where they use 1400mg daily.
Thank you! I ordered it- should be here in a couple of days! i have a very strong feeling about this. OMG if this works after over 30 years of suffering it will be a true miracle for me. I will become a spokesmodel for this product!

artist

I have chemical sensitivity (I get angioedema, fatigue, migraines, blurry vision, racing heart, etc) but I have noticed the thing that has made the biggest impact on it for me is riboflavin. I’ve been taking 20mg a day and might bump it up soon. I may even attempt to wear perfume occasionally again as I have recently found that smells no longer have that overpowering intensity that used to knock me out (perfume is my biggest trigger by far, also can’t tolerate artificial colors/flavors, the offgassing of acrylates in cosmetics, etc)

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I have chemical sensitivity (I get angioedema, fatigue, migraines, blurry vision, racing heart, etc) but I have noticed the thing that has made the biggest impact on it for me is riboflavin. I’ve been taking 20mg a day and might bump it up soon. I may even attempt to wear perfume occasionally again as I have recently found that smells no longer have that overpowering intensity that used to knock me out (perfume is my biggest trigger by far, also can’t tolerate artificial colors/flavors, the offgassing of acrylates in cosmetics, etc)
Wow- what form/brand of riboflavin do you take? I use energin transdermally which contains 15 mg per serving it says.

artist

@Advocate2021 I take generic cheap riboflavin (vitamin shoppe brand lol) and just open the capsule and take some of the powder each morning. If you are already on energin that might cover it but you could experiment w a high dose or try doing just the b2 for a week or so. I have read elsewhere that in a b2 deficiency sometimes the other Bs can make it worse. Chris Masterjohn believes low B2 is the most common cause of so called “undermethylation” which would definitely connect to chemical sensitivity. For some reason I don’t really noticeably benefit from any other b vitamins that I can see, although I get a lot of B vitamins from my animal product heavy diet. I am not perfectly healthy by any means but after trying basically everything only B2 has made an obvious difference on this symptom.

Edit: just realized you said you take it transdermally. I def understand the reasoning for going transdermal but 15mg that route is definitely a small dose. It’s annoying that riboflavin is difficult to impossible to dose transdermally in higher quantities bc of all the orange, although it could be possible to create a sort of pack/patch and tape it on. I take it orally.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

@Advocate2021 I take generic cheap riboflavin (vitamin shoppe brand lol) and just open the capsule and take some of the powder each morning. If you are already on energin that might cover it but you could experiment w a high dose or try doing just the b2 for a week or so. I have read elsewhere that in a b2 deficiency sometimes the other Bs can make it worse. Chris Masterjohn believes low B2 is the most common cause of so called “undermethylation” which would definitely connect to chemical sensitivity. For some reason I don’t really noticeably benefit from any other b vitamins that I can see, although I get a lot of B vitamins from my animal product heavy diet. I am not perfectly healthy by any means but after trying basically everything only B2 has made an obvious difference on this symptom.

Edit: just realized you said you take it transdermally. I def understand the reasoning for going transdermal but 15mg that route is definitely a small dose. It’s annoying that riboflavin is difficult to impossible to dose transdermally in higher quantities bc of all the orange, although it could be possible to create a sort of pack/patch and tape it on. I take it orally.
Well simple enough to try - will be at some health stores in a bit and try to find a pure one and going to try for sure. Thanks !!!

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Got my PEA and just took my first 400mg (1/4 tsp) dose under my tongue. Will update on effects. wonder if it will start working on hypersensitivity immediately.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

wow one immediately profound effect i can report within 20 min of taking the PEA is that i was completely knocked out like laid down with sun shining on me aliitle before 4pm through my window and when i woke up it had set . I take this as a good sign as it seemed to really calm me and lower any stress hormones. impressive.

PeskyPeater

Good to read you didnt brake anything from being knocked out hehe.

In the beginning I has a mild sedating effect and an increase in mood. But im used to it now. I have been using it for 2 months and in the beginning for the first two weeks, I took it together with curcumin extract that also affect the cannabinoid system which is involved in the oestrogen system.
You can read more about that here: The Complex Interplay between Endocannabinoid System and the Estrogen System in Central Nervous System and Periphery

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Good to read you didnt brake anything from being knocked out hehe.

In the beginning I has a mild sedating effect and an increase in mood. But im used to it now. I have been using it for 2 months and in the beginning for the first two weeks, I took it together with curcumin extract that also affect the cannabinoid system which is involved in the oestrogen system.
You can read more about that here: The Complex Interplay between Endocannabinoid System and the Estrogen System in Central Nervous System and Periphery
how did you and are you now dosing- amount and frequency? thank you - will look at this- seems so on point for mewith my history.

PeskyPeater

I took 2x per day 800mg orally, in the first month. But now I just take 2x 400mg under the tongue when I feel like it.

Yeah I thought you could use some more info on that, enjoy

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I took 2x per day 800mg orally, in the first month. But now I just take 2x 400mg under the tongue when I feel like it.

Yeah I thought you could use some more info on that, enjoy
Wow i would be in a coma! may i ask what you were addressing?

PeskyPeater

I was addressing an altered expression of neurosteroids from chronic SSRI use. and a feeling of dysforia especially sexual function or orgasm quality which has improved physically, but not mentally. Im still feeling off and somewhat dysforic

joaquin

Like many here, not sure i have any skin surface area or under tongue or intestinal capacity left to add anything else but still have a few lingering issues so searching for missing puzzle pieces. I already do so much- thyroid, progesterone, now cortinon, energin, have done just about everything possible for my intestine ( charcoal, camphosal, sulphur, antibiotics, lidocaine, carrot/bamboo/mushroom, antibiotics, sporebiotics, colosutrum), stressnon, lapodin/cascara, thiamine, niacinamide, aspirin, methylene blue, cyproheptadine digestive enzymes, D, K, A superb diet etc. Doing great except for the above issues in the title. Temperature still not quite high enough and dips at times. |And the allergies and chemical sensitivity- although a little improvement still pretty serious. Even tried hypnosis to no avail for it. So, looking at idealabs and wondering if diamant since its anti histamine might help with chemical sensitivity and allergies and if a woman can take a tiny amount of andosterone which is thyroid metic and thermogenic and would raise my temperature? other supplements there that intrigue me are metergoline, pyrucet, panquinone , lisuride, cardenosine; but i dont know why i would take them exactly - just would be fun to try different things and maybe will make that an ongoing project over the next couple of years one at a time.

Very grateful for all input on this. My health and fitness are the best ever so these lingering issues are quite the enigma and would love to finally get to the bottom of them as they interfere with my life. Dr. Peat last told me that temperature is responsible for processing chemicals and although ive raised it its not high enough and if thats the cause could resolve all. Thank you!!
I have had MCS since at least the late 90s and my situation took a turn for the better somewhere along the way. I can't say for sure that using a portable infrared sauna is what helped the most, but I would suspect that it was a big factor.
Main thing is to sweat plenty.

joaquin

Is riboflavin known for this? I learn something new at this forum almost daily. I will look into this because I certainly don't want the migraines and racing heart to ever return.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals