Low Stomach Acid Remedies

Motif

Hypochloridia or worse, no acid can cause so many issues that many on this forum complain about.
As someone earlier pointed out, stomach acid decreases with age. This affects nutrient absorption as you all know.

But low acid can also cause dumping syndrome,when the food is not broken down and gets to the small intestine.
Huge blood sugar disregulation, IBS and IBD, bloating, tachycardia, SIBO, and too much serotonin from irritation of the intestinal lining . Followed by leakiness , allergic reactions and endotoxin issues.
The issues that stem from low acid could account for most complaints people have.
While thyroid and sugar ala RP are great, if the body does not have the required elements via poor digestion it becomes a chicken or the egg issue.
I suffer from post prandial tachycardia. Eat or drink and about 30-60 minutes later I have a heart rate of about 130,that stays elevated for about 2 + hours. Magnesium, potassium, t3/T4 at night,increased sugar and salt etc had no effect.
But i noticed that about 6 betaine hcl with meals seemed to keep the heart in a more manageable rate. Glycine doesnt do much for me, imho because I am not digesting it. If I am not digesting it, I doubt I get any of the benefits of it.
How did it continue for you ?

CiggyTardust

How many teaspoons are 2-3 grams of brewer's yeast?
Not sure, I took Ebios--a Japanese tablet formulation. I've since switched to capsules as the Ebios contains PUFAs unfortunately. I imagine the therapeutic value is the same as the only ingredient is brewer's yeast. As for amounts in teaspoons, it probably would say on the nutrition information label.

Vins7

Not sure, I took Ebios--a Japanese tablet formulation. I've since switched to capsules as the Ebios contains PUFAs unfortunately. I imagine the therapeutic value is the same as the only ingredient is brewer's yeast. As for amounts in teaspoons, it probably would say on the nutrition information label.
How long has it been since you started taking brewer's yeast until you started to see improvement at the digestive level?

CiggyTardust

How long has it been since you started taking brewer's yeast until you started to see improvement at the digestive level?
2-3 weeks maybe? I know it took a while. I'd tried the Ebios previously on and off and didn't notice any improvement so I wrote it off until a relative explained it cured her chronic digestive issues.

Dr. B

You could have honey with meals or even on an empty stomach. I have heard of both ways working. Honey is very acidic so it could be aiding digestion that way or like I said it could be the enzymes. Yes, inflammation is just one of the causes of low HCL. Haidut posted about how GERD was not caused by low stomach acid but by inflammation. There are certainly other causes like H. Pylori for instance or autoimmune gastritis.
where did you see its very acidic? i didnt know honey is considered acidic

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals