superhuman

haidut said:
post 115978
superhuman said:
post 115976
haidut said:
post 115921
superhuman said:
post 115871 I was just wondering about one thing. What is the role of T4? is it primarly to just store in liver and create T3 as needed or does T4 has other properties as well?

T4 does have properties of its own independently of T3. Some of these include effects on the gastric mucosa, muscle breakdown, and even bone resorption. T4 if known to affect all of these beneficially, unlike T3 where its effects are either non-existent (gastric mucosa) or controversial (muscle breakdown). And of course, T4 is a pro-hormone suitable for long term storage given its long half life.

Cool thanx. I have been using mainly T3 since im a little afraid of T4 turning to rT3.

Also i know RP likes to only nibble t3 only like max 4mcg an hour. But all the studies i look and what i read about T3 it says that its half life is 24-36 hours. So that means you can take the whole T3 dose once or twice a day if you want.
Whats your take on that and what have you read about T3 supplementation, half life etc

I think T3 is used immediately and the studies on its half life are misleading since an excess of T3 will get deactivated by the deiodinase enzyme. My experience shows that if you take a hefty dose of T3 you may get a thyroid storm and in a few hours it subsides. If the half-life of T3 was as long as the studies claim, the thyroid storm would last for days.

Thank you. Ive tried alot of different doses of T3 but i dont feel anything from it, from either big ones like 25mcg in one dose or smaller ones. Strange

Last edited by a moderator:
haidut said:
post 115978
I think T3 is used immediately and the studies on its half life are misleading since an excess of T3 will get deactivated by the deiodinase enzyme.

You mean they turn it to T2?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
post 115990
haidut said:
post 115978
I think T3 is used immediately and the studies on its half life are misleading since an excess of T3 will get deactivated by the deiodinase enzyme.

Yes, T2 and maybe even T1.

ThunderSpank

haidut said:
post 116005
Such_Saturation said:
post 115990
haidut said:
post 115978

Yes, T2 and maybe even T1.
Do you still prefer caffeine and methylene blue as surrogates for thyroid or do you take your thyroid supplement now? Thanks!

do you think liquid and NDT are stable?

I also wonder if liquid T3 is stable after opening the bottle...

ThunderSpank said:
post 116040
Do you still prefer caffeine and methylene blue as surrogates for thyroid or do you take your thyroid supplement now? Thanks!

I don't like methylene blue too much, it's sort of harsh... I stick to caffeine, now that it's winter I need at least 500mg a day.

Makrosky

Such_Saturation said:
post 116071
ThunderSpank said:
post 116040

I don't like methylene blue too much, it's sort of harsh... I stick to caffeine, now that it's winter I need at least 500mg a day.

harsh to the stomach? To the metabolism?

Interested :):
haidut said:
post 115478
Tarmander said:
post 115359 Holy Camolie,

Haidut this is awesome. Do you have body guards to protect you from the marauding hordes of serotonin zombies that the FDA will send your way?

I read somewhere else that your body, after being on thyroid, will lower endogenous production to compensate after a few days of being on it. Would using this only sparingly and not over 3 days work experimentally? In other words can I get some and experiment to my hearts content for 3 days or under and not influence endogenous production?

Taking thyroid will lower endogenous production. I can't comment on how taking it for 3 days will affect you. Only a blood test can sow if it is suppressing your thyroid after 3 days, but pulse and temp should show you well enough if it's working.
As far as the FDA, I am similar situation to American Biologics so I am hoping that if they are OK operating then so should be I. NDT legality is murky and so far FDA seems to be leaving the NDT vendors alone.
Time will tell.

But haidut, you've tried it on yourself. And also probably experimented with other thyroid supplements. What are your experiences ? Let's say someone would like to try it for 3 days or a week. Would stopping it after that would cause any problem that wasn't there in the first place ?

Most of us do self experimentation without going to the white coats (already too much of them).

Methylene blue tends to dull the mind a little bit or close it, something like that.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makrosky said:
post 116161
Such_Saturation said:
post 116071
ThunderSpank said:
post 116040

harsh to the stomach? To the metabolism?

Interested :):
haidut said:
post 115478
Tarmander said:
post 115359 Holy Camolie,

Haidut this is awesome. Do you have body guards to protect you from the marauding hordes of serotonin zombies that the FDA will send your way?

I read somewhere else that your body, after being on thyroid, will lower endogenous production to compensate after a few days of being on it. Would using this only sparingly and not over 3 days work experimentally? In other words can I get some and experiment to my hearts content for 3 days or under and not influence endogenous production?

Taking thyroid will lower endogenous production. I can't comment on how taking it for 3 days will affect you. Only a blood test can sow if it is suppressing your thyroid after 3 days, but pulse and temp should show you well enough if it's working.
As far as the FDA, I am similar situation to American Biologics so I am hoping that if they are OK operating then so should be I. NDT legality is murky and so far FDA seems to be leaving the NDT vendors alone.
Time will tell.

But haidut, you've tried it on yourself. And also probably experimented with other thyroid supplements. What are your experiences ? Let's say someone would like to try it for 3 days or a week. Would stopping it after that would cause any problem that wasn't there in the first place ?

Most of us do self experimentation without going to the white coats (already too much of them).

My personal experience shows that it takes about a week of taking thyroid to condition the body that extra thyroid hormone is being supplied and downregulate the endogenous production. If you stop cold turkey after a week, you will probably have hypo symptoms for another week until the body upregulates production again. Unfortunately, in some people with thyroid problems such as Hashimotos, stopping thyroid may leave them more hypothyroid then before b/c their own thyroid is not able to ramp up production to original levels. So, these people may need to take thyroid for months until their thyroid recovers from the "autoimmune" condition and starts producing hormones again.
For most people, taking a grain or two for a week and then stopping should not be that big of a deal. The lower the dose you take the quicker you recover production after stopping supplementation.

M

marikay

@haidut - I had already ordered Novotiral from Mexico before I saw you had this supplement. I would like to to switch to your product when i am through with the Novotiral. Do you have any suggestions for making the switch? Should I just start with the equivalent dose of your product when through with the Novotiral? Also, how long do you think it will take to receive the TyroMax coming from your company and shipped to Southern California?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
marikay said:
post 116363 @haidut - I had already ordered Novotiral from Mexico before I saw you had this supplement. I would like to to switch to your product when i am through with the Novotiral. Do you have any suggestions for making the switch? Should I just start with the equivalent dose of your product when through with the Novotiral? Also, how long do you think it will take to receive the TyroMax coming from your company and shipped to Southern California?

I think TyroMax may be a bit more potent than Novotiral on a dose-by-dose comparison. TyroMax is modeled after CynoPlus, which has a bit more T4 and T3 per dose than Novotiral. I think Cynoplus has 20mcg more T4 and 10mcg more T3 per dose then Novotiral.
Shipping within the US usually takes 2-3 days at most. The orders typically ship the next business day after being placed and sometimes we managed to ship even the same day.

M

marikay

thanks haidut. I'll order the TyroMax soon. I have been taking Cynoplus (with a little extra t3 (cynomel)) and am worried that the Novotiral might not be strong enough on the t3 front. So it's good to know that TyroMax is closer to cynoplus. Do you think I could use TyroMax with a little cynomel (assuming it ever comes available again) and get a similar effect to what I have been doing?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
marikay said:
post 116365 thanks haidut. I'll order the TyroMax soon. I have been taking Cynoplus (with a little extra t3 (cynomel)) and am worried that the Novotiral might not be strong enough on the t3 front. So it's good to know that TyroMax is closer to cynoplus. Do you think I could use TyroMax with a little cynomel (assuming it ever comes available again) and get a similar effect to what I have been doing?

That's would be my expectation. Combining TyroMax with some T3 should mimic your past use of Cynoplus and T3.

narouz

haidut said:
post 115327 After spending the better part of this year searching for reliable sources of high quality thyroid powder, I finally got around to delivering on my promise of releasing a thyroid supplement before the end of 2015. Since thyroid has been debated and discussed so much here and all over the Internet, I don't really have much to say here in terms of benefits, references, testimonials, etc. I would like to only draw your attention to the fact that TyroMax uses 3X strength thyroid powder. This means that one (1) grain of TyroMax is approximately equivalent to 3 grains of other NDT products such as Armour, Erfa, Wethroid, etc. So, if you are taking 1 grain NDT daily then this means you need to take only 1/3 of the serving described below, and one bottle (30ml) of TyroMax should last you for about 90 days. In other words, one serving of TyroMax is 24 drops and contains the equivalent of 3 grains of a generic NDT. So, if you are taking 1 grain then you only need to take 8 drops of TyroMax. I hope that makes sense:):
TyroMax has a strong, characteristic odor like every other NDT product. On the positive side, this strong odor masks the odor of DMSO that some people dislike.
Finally, due to the fact that the powder contains thyroid tissue that does not quite dissolve, please shake the bottle a few times before using. The active "ingredients" are actually in the liquid, so if someone wants to experiment they can transfer just the liquid into another bottle, throw out the sediment, and pour the liquid back in the bottle. Sediment or not, the bottle does NOT clog, so you can use the product either way.

TyroMax is a liquid dietary supplement containing natural dessicated thyroid (NDT) of porcine and bovine origin. It is USP quality, which means it is certified as suitable for human consumption. This product, while consisting entirely of food-grade ingredients, is sanctioned for external use only.

Servings per container: about 30
Serving size: 24 drops
Each serving contains the following ingredients:

Natural dessicated thyroid (NDT), USP, 3X Strength - 1 grain

Other ingredients: DMSO, glycerin (veg), ethanol.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Missed this somehow.
Thank you, haidut!

answersfound

I don't see how this supplement can be compared to armour thyroid. If I understand correctly, armour thyroid is made by extracting t4 and t3 from raw thyroid powder to make pills that are small and concentrated. TryoMax seems like it it's just the raw thyroid powder turned into a topical supplement. I'm not knocking it in any way, I am just trying to understand the comparison. To elaborate, I would guess that 8 drops of TyroMax would be weaker than one grain of armour thyroid, although they are said to be the same.

On second thought, it seems like the DMSO will enhance the effects, potentially making it stronger than armour....

BobbyDukes

Makrosky said:
Such_Saturation said:
post 116174 Methylene blue tends to dull the mind a little bit or close it, something like that.
Really? I find it the opposite.

Yeah. Isn't MB touted as a nootropic? It definitely puts me into a different headspace.

Me personally, I don't notice any nootropic effects. I've never gone beyond a super low dose, though.

One thing it does do, is give me relentless, unstoppable energy, whereby it aggravates my insomnia even worse than a big dose of B6 does.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
answersfound said:
post 116465 I don't see how this supplement can be compared to armour thyroid. If I understand correctly, armour thyroid is made by extracting t4 and t3 from raw thyroid powder to make pills that are small and concentrated. TryoMax seems like it it's just the raw thyroid powder turned into a topical supplement. I'm not knocking it in any way, I am just trying to understand the comparison. To elaborate, I would guess that 8 drops of TyroMax would be weaker than one grain of armour thyroid, although they are said to be the same.

On second thought, it seems like the DMSO will enhance the effects, potentially making it stronger than armour....

TyroMax is also concentrated thyroid powder - 3x to be precise. And yes, 8 drops would be equivalent to 1 grain of thyroid. Not sure why do you think it would be weaker...Care to elaborate on that? I sent some info to Charlie that confirms the potency of the product. Please consult with him to confirm that 8 drops of TyroMax are exactly as potent as 1 grain of Armour or equivalent product.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peatit said:
post 116575 :ninja Am I the only one to find this supplement quite expensive compared to pimpom products for example?
Yeah I know, purity, potency, etc but still... :ninja

And why do you only mention the Thai products? Why do you selectively fail to mention that TyroMax is cheaper than "western" brands like Armour, WP Thyroid, Erfa, etc? Am I in Thailand or in the USA? Raw materials (especially USP-grade) and labor are not cheap in the USA. Is the Thai product USP? For the 100th time - if you think the product is expensive please feel free to NOT buy it and go with the cheaper alternatives instead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals