TyroMax - Liquid Thyroid (NDT), USP

M

marikay

Can you give a little more information on the smell. Does it linger on the skin if taken topically? Or on the breath if taken orally?

answersfound

John Frusciante said:
post 115381 Why not a T3 product? NDT was already widely available. It was a good T3 only product that was lacking. :(

I don't think Ray recommends taking T3 only. There are a variety of NDT products but they are usually difficult to get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

Tarmander said:
Holy Camolie,

Haidut this is awesome. Do you have body guards to protect you from the marauding hordes of serotonin zombies that the FDA will send your way?

I read somewhere else that your body, after being on thyroid, will lower endogenous production to compensate after a few days of being on it. Would using this only sparingly and not over 3 days work experimentally? In other words can I get some and experiment to my hearts content for 3 days or under and not influence endogenous production?

Also interested on this

Ritchie

answersfound said:
John Frusciante said:
post 115381 Why not a T3 product? NDT was already widely available. It was a good T3 only product that was lacking. :(

I don't think Ray recommends taking T3 only. There are a variety of NDT products but they are usually difficult to get.

Ray definitely has recommended taking T3 only depending on circumstances, and maybe in conjunction with a T3-T4 combo. See here.. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid.shtml

..."Since T3 has a short half life, it should be taken frequently. If the liver isn't producing a noticeable amount of T3, it is usually helpful to take a few micorgrams per hour. Since it restores respiration and metabolic efficiency very quickly, it isn't usually necessary to take it every hour or two, but until normal temperature and pulse have been achieved and stabilized, sometimes it's necessary to take it four or more times during the day...."
.."An effective way to use supplements is to take a combination T4-T3 dose, e.g., 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day, and to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day."

answersfound

BalaEast said:
answersfound said:
John Frusciante said:

Ray definitely has recommended taking T3 only depending on circumstances, and maybe in conjunction with a T3-T4 combo. See here.. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid.shtml

..."Since T3 has a short half life, it should be taken frequently. If the liver isn't producing a noticeable amount of T3, it is usually helpful to take a few micorgrams per hour. Since it restores respiration and metabolic efficiency very quickly, it isn't usually necessary to take it every hour or two, but until normal temperature and pulse have been achieved and stabilized, sometimes it's necessary to take it four or more times during the day...."
.."An effective way to use supplements is to take a combination T4-T3 dose, e.g., 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day, and to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day."

That quote recommends the use of T4 as well. Ray got palpitations from T3 only but they went away with addition of T4. Maybe to try and see how you respond to thyroid, T3 can be okay, but I wouldn't anticipate good results if it were to be used solely over the long run.

Is there any Anaheim of t3 and t4 contained in each batch? How do you verify bioavailability of the raw material?

Velve921

Just trying to get an understanding of the dose equivalency...if 24 drops equals 3 grains of generic NDT, does this means there are more mcg per 24 drops than generic NDT? Or is it the absorption factor that increases its potency?

answersfound said:
post 115384
John Frusciante said:

he definitely does, you better read more :)
he himself takes t3 only. t3+t4 only a small amount before bed

answersfound

John Frusciante said:
post 115444
answersfound said:
post 115384
John Frusciante said:

he definitely does, you better read more :)
he himself takes t3 only. t3+t4 only a small amount before bed

So he takes t4.

FredSonoma

Makrosky said:
post 115405
Tarmander said:
Holy Camolie,

Haidut this is awesome. Do you have body guards to protect you from the marauding hordes of serotonin zombies that the FDA will send your way?

I read somewhere else that your body, after being on thyroid, will lower endogenous production to compensate after a few days of being on it. Would using this only sparingly and not over 3 days work experimentally? In other words can I get some and experiment to my hearts content for 3 days or under and not influence endogenous production?

Also interested on this

I'm on my third day of taking thyroid and feel really tired - could it be that my body has lowered it from taking it and I need to up my dose?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DKayJoe said:
post 115379 Hey hairdut, do you ship to the UK?

Yes, we do. It takes about 10 days for the package to reach its UK recipient, as confirmed by a few recent shipments to UK. However, as with any other country, customs in the destination country can delay the package for as long as they want. So, no guarantees.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tarmander said:
post 115359 Holy Camolie,

Taking thyroid will lower endogenous production. I can't comment on how taking it for 3 days will affect you. Only a blood test can sow if it is suppressing your thyroid after 3 days, but pulse and temp should show you well enough if it's working.
As far as the FDA, I am similar situation to American Biologics so I am hoping that if they are OK operating then so should be I. NDT legality is murky and so far FDA seems to be leaving the NDT vendors alone.
Time will tell.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
John Frusciante said:

Because isolated T3 is a controlled substance in the US and quite clearly illegal to sell as a supplement. NDT is murkier legally, but so far the other NDT vendors seem to be OK and I am hoping that I will be left alone too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
marikay said:
post 115382 Can you give a little more information on the smell. Does it linger on the skin if taken topically? Or on the breath if taken orally?

No it doesn't, at east not when I tried it. After topical application, once the product absorbs I can't smell it any more. Orally, there is no aftertaste whatsoever.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ecstatichamster said:
post 115438 Is there any Anaheim of t3 and t4 contained in each batch? How do you verify bioavailability of the raw material?

Not sure what do you mean by Anaheim in batch. The bioavailability can only be confirmed by a blood test and so far I have not done that. All I can say is that when I apply it topically, in about 10min it makes me breath much more easily and deeply, and makes me warm and fuzzy. Cold extremities disappear too. All signs of improved metabolism, but I welcome blood test from people who are willing to test topical bioavailability.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
post 115443 Just trying to get an understanding of the dose equivalency...if 24 drops equals 3 grains of generic NDT, does this means there are more mcg per 24 drops than generic NDT? Or is it the absorption factor that increases its potency?

Both. This NDT has 3 times the amount of mcg than a regular NDT. Which means that 1/3 grain is equivalnt to 1 grain of regular thyroid i terms of the mcg hormone it contains. The absorption should also be improved due to the DMSO, but that is a side benefit. The main message is that with this product you are getting 3 "regular" grains compressed in every grain of Tyromax.

Glad that there's now another high quality thyroid supplement.

Why not just avoid the whole strength confusion by saying that 8 drops equals 1 grain, and adjust the serving size to 8 drops and servings per container to 90.

answersfound

cantstoppeating said:
Glad that there's now another high quality thyroid supplement.

Why not just avoid the whole strength confusion by saying that 8 drops equals 1 grain, and adjust the serving size to 8 drops and servings per container to 90.

+1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals