Transitioning from no carb to high carb

bbmccorm

what’s the best way to transition back to eating mostly carbs after abstaining from them for over two weeks?

I was eating just animal fats and proteins in attempt to control candida so wondering if there’s any recommendations for transitioning from high fat/protein, no carb to high carb, low fat/protein.

LadyRae

what’s the best way to transition back to eating mostly carbs after abstaining from them for over two weeks?

I was eating just animal fats and proteins in attempt to control candida so wondering if there’s any recommendations for transitioning from high fat/protein, no carb to high carb, low fat/protein.
Slowly, although 2 weeks isn't so long that your body will balk too badly.

Add back in one simple, easy to digest carb at a time. Watch your gut reaction. Small portions.

Carrots are always good to control new bacteria formation.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Slowly, although 2 weeks isn't so long that your body will balk too badly.

Add back in one simple, easy to digest carb at a time. Watch your gut reaction. Small portions.

Carrots are always good to control new bacteria formation.
great thanks. perhaps like a piece of fruit one day and a smoothie the next and observe the gut reaction? raw carrots are best you think? i plan to decrease the amount of fat and protein a bit each day as well.

LadyRae

great thanks. perhaps like a piece of fruit one day and a smoothie the next and observe the gut reaction? raw carrots are best?
Yes. I'd stick to whole, single fruits, one at a time so you can track your reaction. Wait on the smoothie, it's best to thoroughly chew and mix saliva with your fruit...see how it goes.

A lot of people do well with carrots, but start with a small amount, like 1/2 a cup's worth of shredded carrots, or like me- I just eat raw carrots in any way, otherwise if I get to particular with the exact Peat-style carrot salad recipe, I'll get lazy and skip carrots all together....

joaquin

I've noticed that having a little bit of niacinamide helps with the transition. Like others have said, use the carrot. It is your friend.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Yes. I'd stick to whole, single fruits, one at a time so you can track your reaction. Wait on the smoothie, it's best to thoroughly chew and mix saliva with your fruit...see how it goes.

A lot of people do well with carrots, but start with a small amount, like 1/2 a cup's worth of shredded carrots, or like me- I just eat raw carrots in any way, otherwise if I get to particular with the exact Peat-style carrot salad recipe, I'll get lazy and skip carrots all together....
great thanks.

B

Blaze

Making sure you get enough Thiamine is essential as you increase carb intake............

Did that mostly fat and protein diet prove effective for you for controlling candida? Also, what if any symptoms did you have that prompted you to address a candida overgrowth issue?

Jessie

Probably wise to ease into it like everyone else said. But more importantly, keep in mind low carb isn't effective for sibo or overgrowths. The bacteria can burn fats for fuel. The best thing you could do is keep your transient time optimal. Plenty of insoluble fiber. Wheat bran is great.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Making sure you get enough Thiamine is essential as you increase carb intake............

Did that mostly fat and protein diet prove effective for you for controlling candida? Also, what if any symptoms did you have that prompted you to address a candida overgrowth issue?
Nice thanks.

The diet seemed to help with some symptoms like brain fog and fatigue but exacerbated others like red patches on my skin. Those symptoms along with anxiety, headaches, dry skin, dandruff, itchy inner ear, and when at its worse severe itchiness and irritation in my groin, were what prompted the diet change and accompanying anti Candida supplements. I’ve seen 5 different doctors and each one provides slightly difference advice or little to no helpful insights, not surprisingly. I’ve tried niacinamide flushes and fasting and gall bladder flushes and every diet I’m aware of with no luck really.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

aren’t most carbs the main source of thiamine?

B

Blaze

aren’t most carbs the main source of thiamine?
Yes, if they are whole grains. Sugar and mexican coke / soda no. They had to fortify white flour and white rice as they lost many nutrients when the husk/bran/germ was removed and nutritional deficiencies were occurring.

B vitamins were among the first to be mass produced. Vitamins were discovered between 1913 and 1948. Around 1935, commercially produced tablets of yeast-extract vitamin B complex (and semi-synthetic vitamin C became available) . The B vitamin supplements sales really took off in the 1950's and were really a game changer and eliminated a lot of deficiencies.

Also, I rinse my white rice and lose vitamins by doing so. Most people who eat a high carb or highly processed carb diet can really benefit from more B1.

In Mexico, when people feel unwell we go to the farmacia and get shots of Bedoyecta - syringe/ampoules with 2ml each. It treats vitamin B complex deficiency neuritis, polyneuritis, neuralgia, neuropathies, sciatica, facial paralysis, anemia, and almost everything under the sun. It has like 2,400% of the rda of thiamine. A huge dose.
We bring it home and give each other an intramusclular shot in the behind and it really dramatically helps many with their issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Yes, if they are whole grains. Sugar and mexican coke / soda no. They had to fortify white flour and white rice as they lost many nutrients when the husk/bran/germ was removed and nutritional deficiencies were occurring.

B vitamins were among the first to be mass produced. Vitamins were discovered between 1913 and 1948. Around 1935, commercially produced tablets of yeast-extract vitamin B complex (and semi-synthetic vitamin C became available) . The B vitamin supplements sales really took off in the 1950's and were really a game changer and eliminated a lot of deficiencies.

Also, I rinse my white rice and lose vitamins by doing so. Most people who eat a high carb or highly processed carb diet can really benefit from more B1.

In Mexico, when people feel unwell we go to the farmacia and get shots of Bedoyecta - syringe/ampoules with 2ml each. It treats vitamin B complex deficiency neuritis, polyneuritis, neuralgia, neuropathies, sciatica, facial paralysis, anemia, and almost everything under the sun. It has like 2,400% of the rda of thiamine. A huge dose.
We bring it home and give each other an intramusclular shot in the behind and it really dramatically helps many with their issues.
thanks for the historical context and the info about your experience with it in Mexico. do you think you can get enough from whole grains or that supplementation is necessary?

B

Blaze

thanks for the historical context and the info about your experience with it in Mexico. do you think you can get enough from whole grains or that supplementation is necessary?
Well, I am biased against most supplements and feel they do more harm than good unless you are addressing a specific deficiency or health issue. That being said, B complex is usually pretty safe. It is criminal that we now live in a world where the foods, chemicals and supplements are largely being supplied from other countries and pure olive oil is usually not pure, honey is being sold that is not honey, and the FDA is to a high degree absent in policing the integrity of your foods. Supplements often are not clean and do not contain what is promised much of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Well, I am biased against most supplements and feel they do more harm than good unless you are addressing a specific deficiency or health issue. That being said, B complex is usually pretty safe. It is criminal that we now live in a world where the foods, chemicals and supplements are largely being supplied from other countries and pure olive oil is usually not pure, honey is being sold that is not honey, and the FDA is to a high degree absent in policing the integrity of your foods. Supplements often are not clean and do not contain what is promised much of the time.
Heard that for sure. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals