Toxic DHT: can DHT ever be too high from scrotal T?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
100mg.. I was doing 200mg per day. 2 clicks of 50mg morning and night !
You're likely metabolizing it very quickly either to estradiol and DHT or via the liver or both. Perhaps you'd be a better candidate for a patch? Slower release during the day.

golder

Did you apply the night before the test as well? It makes sense that your T would be that low since the half life of topical T is about 14-16 hours. After 24 hours you'll hypogonal again. DHT has a longer half life.
Applying 50mg on the scrotum will give you a much bigger boost than 50mg on the shoulders and the half-life will remain the same. Try applying twice a day instead.
Hans, I know everyone is different and there’s a whole ton of important variables here, but with regards to the twice a day application (one morning and one evening)…what would you recommend a good place to start for an average 30 year old hypogonadal male. 50mg x twice a day transcrotally seems quite low compared to the 150mg once a day that many people claim to be a good starting place? I prefer your logic which considers the half life. Thanks mate.

tommyg130

You're likely metabolizing it very quickly either to estradiol and DHT or via the liver or both. Perhaps you'd be a better candidate for a patch? Slower release during the day.
My estradiol was pretty low and estrone sulfate. ES1 was actually below the range low. DHT clearly too high especially for where my test is at. I’ll have to look into the patch. Maybe first I’ll just try non scrotal application and see what happens.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
My estradiol was pretty low and estrone sulfate. ES1 was actually below the range low. DHT clearly too high especially for where my test is at. I’ll have to look into the patch. Maybe first I’ll just try non scrotal application and see what happens.
Ok, keep us updated.

tommyg130

Ok, keep us updated.
I have bad vitamin a toxicity and iron overload from a previous steroid cycle that killed my adrenals , and allowed me to become vulnerable to the A overload despite not even really overdoing it. No supps. I wonder if my liver can’t handle exegenous T because it’s already messed up? And I need to handle those issues first? Could it be exegenous T wasn’t working because of existing liver issues? I understand Testosterone is generally protective for liver, but I’m sure there are some caveats in which exegenous T could worsen homeostasis and harm liver as just another additional stressor?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, I know everyone is different and there’s a whole ton of important variables here, but with regards to the twice a day application (one morning and one evening)…what would you recommend a good place to start for an average 30 year old hypogonadal male. 50mg x twice a day transcrotally seems quite low compared to the 150mg once a day that many people claim to be a good starting place? I prefer your logic which considers the half life. Thanks mate.
As per one of the studies I linked in the article, 50mg scrotal T increases T to 670ng/dl on average. Some people had a bigger increase and some a smaller one.
This study compared 50mg to 100mg non-scrotal T gel application (100mg topical equals about 10mg absorbed). After 30 days, the 50mg had an average of 20nmol/l (576ng/dl) whereas the 100mg group had an average of 27.5nmol/L (793ng/dl).
Scrotal application has about 8-10 times better absorption compared to other areas of the body. So if you're going non-scrotal, then 100-150mg daily is a good starting point, whereas with scrotal, 50mg is likely a good starting place.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have bad vitamin a toxicity and iron overload from a previous steroid cycle that killed my adrenals , and allowed me to become vulnerable to the A overload despite not even really overdoing it. No supps. I wonder if my liver can’t handle exegenous T because it’s already messed up? And I need to handle those issues first? Could it be exegenous T wasn’t working because of existing liver issues? I understand Testosterone is generally protective for liver, but I’m sure there are some caveats in which exegenous T could worsen homeostasis and harm liver as just another additional stressor?
Have you ever done a DUTCH test to look at urinary excretions of your hormones?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Gotcha. It seems that Dutch complete has an organic acid test within it as well? On top of the typical hormones and all?
Yes, but not nearly as many markers as the complete oat test.

tommyg130

Yes, but not nearly as many markers as the complete oat test.
I see.. random but real quick question here regarding oats.. can you have low levels of sulfur in the body, but still be sulfur intolerant? How does that work? It’s the fact that you’re so low in sulfur that if you try to supplement it the detox can overwhelm ?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I see.. random but real quick question here regarding oats.. can you have low levels of sulfur in the body, but still be sulfur intolerant? How does that work? It’s the fact that you’re so low in sulfur that if you try to supplement it the detox can overwhelm ?
Maybe it's related to the excess conversation to sulfite by bacteria, which causes problems. Do you have gut issues? It could also be related to a mineral deficiency.

tommyg130

Maybe it's related to the excess conversation to sulfite by bacteria, which causes problems. Do you have gut issues? It could also be related to a mineral deficiency.
Bad gut issues, can hardly drink water. Liquids are really problematic. Im just trying to understand if im sulfur excess or sulfur intolerant due to a molybdenum defeciency or b vitamins.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Bad gut issues, can hardly drink water. Liquids are really problematic. Im just trying to understand if im sulfur excess or sulfur intolerant due to a molybdenum defeciency or b vitamins.
An OAT test can help to show overgrowth of certain bacteria as well as fungus.
Have you tried supplementing molybdenum before?

tommyg130

An OAT test can help to show overgrowth of certain bacteria as well as fungus.
Have you tried supplementing molybdenum before?
I haven’t, but I have some. Dutch complete is urinary? Is that fine? I’m about to order it.. I thought saliva was ideal?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I haven’t, but I have some. Dutch complete is urinary? Is that fine? I’m about to order it.. I thought saliva was ideal?
Yes urine and that's what you want to see the metabolism of your hormones. It test salivary cortisol and DHEA as well.
It looks at many hormones that blood tests don't. It will help show where things are going or where there's a hiccup.

Peatfan69

Test base and DHT both work in ethanol and IPM vehicle. The IPM is causing my delts to break out slightly so I’m working on an ethanol and MCT vehicle. A 70/30 ratio seems to dissolve so far with test base however not sure if the absorption or effectiveness is on par with the ethanol and IPM vehicle.

Lastly you can take either hormone orally as a last resort, topical DHEA (100mg/ml) dries me out about the same or more than DHT it seems….

tommyg130

Yes urine and that's what you want to see the metabolism of your hormones. It test salivary cortisol and DHEA as well.
It looks at many hormones that blood tests don't. It will help show where things are going or where there's a hiccup.
Got it thank you. If estrogen is always low on bloods, and then on a Dutch it shows low estrogen and metabolites also is that a clear cut sign you’re actually low estrogen. You can’t really dispute that and try to still say somehow one is still low tissue estrogen can you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals