Androstenedione for maximizing testosterone; good or no?

Hans

Forum Supporter
---------------
TL: DR
Androstenedione:
  • Increases T very mildly and only short term, before it causes suppression and enhances testosterone excretion.
  • Increases estrogens to a great extent and for longer. It also directly stimulates aromatase (R).
  • Doesn't enhance skeletal muscle adaptations to resistance training in young men with normal testosterone and may result in adverse health consequences due to excess estrogen production (R).
Has anyone used androstenedione before?

golder

---------------
Androstenedione:
  • Increases T very mildly and only short term, before it causes suppression and enhances testosterone excretion.
  • Increases estrogens to a great extent and for longer. It also directly stimulates aromatase (R).
  • Doesn't enhance skeletal muscle adaptations to resistance training in young men with normal testosterone and may result in adverse health consequences due to excess estrogen production (R).
Is this similar to Androsterone?

Cameron

---------------
Androstenedione:
Androstenedione is high in the beard cell and also high in scalp cells. Dht and testosterone are high in beard cells not so much in scalp cells when tested

golder

Androstenedione is high in the beard cell and also high in scalp cells. Dht and testosterone are high in beard cells not so much in scalp cells when tested
Interesting thanks. Do you think lowering Androstenedione in the scalp would help with slowing hair loss?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is this similar to Androsterone?
Androsterone is created from androstenedione via 5 alpha reductase. As cameron mentioned, androstenedione can significantly increase estrogen, where androsterone can't be aromatized. Plus, androsterone is an AI.

Cameron

Interesting thanks. Do you think lowering Androstenedione in the scalp would help with slowing hair loss?
I think looking at lowering prolactin and estrogens and cortisol would be a better approach to start and maximizing thyroid health. Androgens usually then fall into correct place and balance. I would love to see more therapies with pure dht because that would provide all the androgen benefits and keep tissue estrogens in a lower normalized range. Versus an estrogen converting steroid.

Cameron

I’ve only used androsterone and dhea sublingual both haven’t produced anything too noticeable yet but was thinking to try dmso with the powder from the capsules of dhea for the 5-ar benefits

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’ll try navel scrotum just freaks me out lol but 25mgs powder splash some dmso in the belly button probably a good idea no leaking
Topical use is definitely interesting, but it's definitely been understudied for DHEA. I'd use around 10-15mg daily instead of 25mg. Even 15mg in DMSO might be too high. Topical is much stronger than oral.

Cameron

Topical use is definitely interesting, but it's definitely been understudied for DHEA. I'd use around 10-15mg daily instead of 25mg. Even 15mg in DMSO might be too high. Topical is much stronger than oral.
I broke a 25mg capsule in half poured the powder in my navel with a few drops of dmso on top. Very clumpy didn’t dissolve to well but will try again and wait longer. I didn’t want to pre make a solution just want to be able to use it the lazy way and visually see the dose in the powder form.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I broke a 25mg capsule in half poured the powder in my navel with a few drops of dmso on top. Very clumpy didn’t dissolve to well but will try again and wait longer. I didn’t want to pre make a solution just want to be able to use it the lazy way and visually see the dose in the powder form.
The other downside to caps is all the fillers. If you take 25mg DHEA in a 300mg cap, you're getting 275mg of filler.