Daily kratom use on testosterone; can it tank testosterone and spike prolactin?

Hans

Forum Supporter

Even though it doesn't lower T in reasonable doses, the increase in prolactin might be slightly more concerning, but also not sure how it's affected with reasonable doses. Kratom is a dopamine agonist and with prolonged use, it leads to higher levels of dopamine, which should keep prolactin in check. Only in high doses does Kratom become potent analgesic, so with small doses, which are more stimulating, prolactin shouldn't be an issue.

Ryan33

I don't know how I missed this article. I actually take kratom daily at higher doses than 10g a day. And at those higher doses it definitely lowered my libido. But I ended up starting trt so my libido is back and higher than ever. One question I have for you though Hans....my wife has long QT syndrome and kratom has never bothered her with it but a friend of hers told her it would so now she's stressing about it. Do you think kratom can cause more problems with LQTS? @Hans

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't know how I missed this article. I actually take kratom daily at higher doses than 10g a day. And at those higher doses it definitely lowered my libido. But I ended up starting trt so my libido is back and higher than ever. One question I have for you though Hans....my wife has long QT syndrome and kratom has never bothered her with it but a friend of hers told her it would so now she's stressing about it. Do you think kratom can cause more problems with LQTS? @Hans
If it doesn't cause or worsen it in someone, I wouldn't stress about it.
The drop in libido is likely due to the opioid and prolactin effect. Testosterone/TRT increases dopamine, which then lowers/antagonizes prolactin, making you feel great again. If libido drops, dopamine agonists usually help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals