Foods to avoid when high DHT is desired

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I asked Ray if it can lower thyroid hormone, he said : "Very large amounts of it can."
Yes, same thing with black tea. Black tea in very large doses lower DHT, but 2-3 cups will probably not. 2-3 cups of green tea will most likely not lower thyroid hormone production, but 2-3 liter might.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes quite easily I have tried all doses and combinations one thing that 11 keto does is give very vivid dreams and I mite take it for that reason alone. Andro before bed messes with sleep
Perhaps you just need more of the DHEA 5alpha reduced steroids side of things.

Mister

@Hans

In your article you imply green tea being good for DHT: "According to this mice study, black tea lowered DHT, whereas green tea increased DHT"

In a different article you put green tea in a 5ar inhibitor list to avoid:

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

In your article you imply green tea being good for DHT: "According to this mice study, black tea lowered DHT, whereas green tea increased DHT"

In a different article you put green tea in a 5ar inhibitor list to avoid:

Yes, the mouse study found an increase and a hamster study found a decrease. I should sort that out in my articles to avoid confusion.

Risingfire

Probably, but human studies have used 75-150mg daily without any sides except complete suppression
Small and medium doses have suppressed me. I'm going to try 5-10 mgs with the youth associated hormones and see if that helps. Andractim is very powerful. Almost too powerful. I have adrenaline spikes at night even a small dose around 1 mg.

Risingfire

I think any place would do, but perhaps on my chest. In terms of dose, I'd use 2-5mg. Even that dose could be slightly suppressive though.
Make sure you're applying it to an area with high muscle or even near a bone like the clavicle. When you apply to fat it deactivates the dht to metabolites that aren't as useful.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Small and medium doses have suppressed me. I'm going to try 5-10 mgs with the youth associated hormones and see if that helps. Andractim is very powerful. Almost too powerful. I have adrenaline spikes at night even a small dose around 1 mg.
Perhaps you're more sensitive to DHT. Progesterone tends to balance DHT quite nicely.

Risingfire

Perhaps you're more sensitive to DHT. Progesterone tends to balance DHT quite nicely.
I used progesterone along with it and I feel amazing. I wonder if I'm more sensitive because of propecia use in the past.

rayban

I've had my DHT go from 1.5 to 0.35 from using topical finasteride for many years and I notice no differences other than less volume of ejaculation or more liquid but im not sure if that's from aging, it's been like 10 years.

james26

What do you think about this study :

PMID : 8610056
Effects of the sabal serrulata extract IDS 89 and its subfractions on 5 alpha-reductase activity in human benign prostatic hyperplasia
H Weisser, S Tunn, B Behnke, M Krieg

"At a testosterone concentration of 580 nM as substrate for 5 alpha-reductase, the main fatty acids of the extract IDS 89 gave rise to a percentual enzyme inhibition in the epithelium and stroma as follows: 51% and 42% (lauric acid), 5% and 0% (oleic acid), 43% and 34% (myristic acid), 2% and 0% (palmitic acid), respectively. The inhibitory effect of lauric acid was noncompetitive and dose dependent up to a concentration of 0.2 nM, the maximal inhibition in the epithelium and stroma being 52% and 45%, respectively.

The study shows that lauric acid is more 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor than oleic acid.

Nomane Euger

Effects of the sabal serrulata extract IDS 89 and its subfractions on 5 alpha-reductase activity in human benign prostatic hyperplasia

"At a testosterone concentration of 580 nM as substrate for 5 alpha-reductase, the main fatty acids of the extract IDS 89 gave rise to a percentual enzyme inhibition in the epithelium and stroma as follows: 51% and 42% (lauric acid), 5% and 0% (oleic acid), 43% and 34% (myristic acid), 2% and 0% (palmitic acid), respectively. The inhibitory effect of lauric acid was noncompetitive and dose dependent up to a concentration of 0.2 nM, the maximal inhibition in the epithelium and stroma being 52% and 45%, respectively.

The study shows that lauric acid is more 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor than oleic acid.
hi,i do easyly experience very low DHT associated characteristics from coconut water even if overall its incredible for energy and well being up to a certain quantity

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

That's an in vitro study in prostate cells. We don't know if it will have the same inhibitory effect anywhere else. Also, we don't know if dietary lauric acid will even reach that concentration in the prostate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals