Foods to avoid when high DHT is desired

Hans

Forum Supporter
One way to get high DHT is to avoid things that lower it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Did you ever have any luck with 11-keto DHT? It's doing literally nothing for me.
I guess it's one of those few supps that I'm actually sensitive to. Yes, I do feel 1-2 drops 11-keto DHT. Increased flaccid hang and feeling calmer (anhedonic to fear).

Solace_found

For me it's a lack of 5 ar conversion and lot of fat for now I do need to raise dht using androsterone I wish I could feel the androgenic effects of 11 keto dht for those whom it works it's awesome

Kram

I guess it's one of those few supps that I'm actually sensitive to. Yes, I do feel 1-2 drops 11-keto DHT. Increased flaccid hang and feeling calmer (anhedonic to fear).
Do you have any idea where your estradiol/E2 is at?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For me it's a lack of 5 ar conversion and lot of fat for now I do need to raise dht using androsterone I wish I could feel the androgenic effects of 11 keto dht for those whom it works it's awesome
Do you feel the andro more than 11-keto DHT even at the same dose?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you have any idea where your estradiol/E2 is at?
No idea, but I do plan to test in the future. Hopefully Georgi will offer those tests soon.

laleto12

@Hans hi hans, if you'd have DHT cream where would you apply? and in what dosages?

I have Andractim but i dont know how i should dose it. Thanks

sun-maid

One way to get high DHT is to avoid things that lower it.

What is your experience with green tea ? I thought it was lowering DHT and thyroid.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What is your experience with green tea ? I thought it was lowering DHT and thyroid.
I don't drink green tea and there aren't any human studies showing that it lower DHT. A hamster study showed that it lowered DHT but a mice study showed an increase. Other in vitro studies show anti-androgenic effects but not sure how relevent it is to humans. Also no human studies on the effect that green tea has on thyroid hormone levels that I'm aware of.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans hi hans, if you'd have DHT cream where would you apply? and in what dosages?

I have Andractim but i dont know how i should dose it. Thanks
I think any place would do, but perhaps on my chest. In terms of dose, I'd use 2-5mg. Even that dose could be slightly suppressive though.

Beastmode

Great article @Hans!

I don't consume anything in that list. I'm wondering if my DHT levels are in a good range.

Are there typical signs, minus testing, that strongly indicate "ideal" levels for DHT in a 42 year old male?

sun-maid

I don't drink green tea and there aren't any human studies showing that it lower DHT. A hamster study showed that it lowered DHT but a mice study showed an increase. Other in vitro studies show anti-androgenic effects but not sure how relevent it is to humans. Also no human studies on the effect that green tea has on thyroid hormone levels that I'm aware of.

Here 2 studies on rats that claim it elevate TSH and reduce T3/T4.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Here 2 studies on rats that claim it elevate TSH and reduce T3/T4.

They did say at high dose. 3-4 cups a day might not do anything. It's the same thing with soy. In animals it's bad, but in humans a small amount is not.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article @Hans!

I don't consume anything in that list. I'm wondering if my DHT levels are in a good range.

Are there typical signs, minus testing, that strongly indicate "ideal" levels for DHT in a 42 year old male?
Good stuff. :)
General symptoms would be things like drop in muscle tone, shinkage, anxiety, depression, low libido, low drive, ED, etc.
DHT is just one marker. The whole androgenic pool includes DHEA, DHEA-S, androsterone, 3 alpha and 3beta diol. But few labs offer those test. A simple way to get them up is to use topical DHEA.

sun-maid

They did say at high dose. 3-4 cups a day might not do anything. It's the same thing with soy. In animals it's bad, but in humans a small amount is not.

I asked Ray if it can lower thyroid hormone, he said : "Very large amounts of it can."

Solace_found

Do you feel the andro more than 11-keto DHT even at the same dose?
Yes quite easily I have tried all doses and combinations one thing that 11 keto does is give very vivid dreams and I mite take it for that reason alone. Andro before bed messes with sleep

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals