Thiamine made me angry?!

freyasam

It has microcrystalline cellulose and calcium silicate, though I don't know how bad those are.

InChristAlone

I haven't taken anymore. Still dealing with horrible symptoms from yesterday plus racing thoughts/anxiety waves I haven't had for well over a year.

Honestly it's just not worth it for me to undo alllll of the progress I've made over the years. I eat a lot of rich thiamine foods with no issues, so I think I'll stick to that. I think the damage done to my GABAs from benzos just makes this one a big risk.
What made you want to take it? What were you hoping to accomplish? I have panic disorder, some breathing issues at night, and POTS like symptoms during the day (also get some numbness in my hands from time to time), so far it has helped me relax and has stabilized my blood pressure a bit higher than normal. But that is at smallish doses, I think 100 mg TTFD would cause anxiety for me.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

What made you want to take it? What were you hoping to accomplish? I have panic disorder, some breathing issues at night, and POTS like symptoms during the day (also get some numbness in my hands from time to time), so far it has helped me relax and has stabilized my blood pressure a bit higher than normal. But that is at smallish doses, I think 100 mg TTFD would cause anxiety for me.
Well about everywhere on this forum anytime I post about an issue I'm basically told I have a thiamine deficiency.

Looked into it, seemed possible with some symptoms I have. Especially with how high of a stress load I live with & having the MTHFR mutation.

Bodrum

So today my thiamine showed up from Thiamax & I took one after breakfast.

For about half of the day I was just fu(king angry for no reason.

Like just the feeling of anger that's not prompted by anything.

This is not who I am as a person & the only other time that I experienced this was when I was coming off of benzos and it's known as benzo rage.

About halfway through the day it just morphed into utter overwhelm & not being able to really concentrate on my work then feeling incredibly emotionally unstable.

That passed about an hour ago.

Now for the first time in a very long time the skin on my upper ear is on fire, like I'm going to have to make an ice pack after writing this.

This was an initial symptom of benzo withdrawal that I went through a very long time ago. It only ever happens these days if I somehow eat something with hidden MSG (because MSG messes with the GABAs.)

So my guess is B1 is hitting my GABA receptors & causing issues.

Such a bummer, I've read so many amazing accounts of thiamine helping people but I can't go through these symptoms again.

Meaning it's kicking up a lot of withdrawal systems that had been long gone.

Anyone else experience anything like this from thiamine at all regardless of past benzo use?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-084951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220316-084951_Chrome.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 53
OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Yeah I've had better results just using bee pollen which is loaded with naturally occurring thiamine as well as other b vitamins.

I think a lot of the issues with straight thiamine that people have is due to it being an isolated form. Thiamine never occurs by itself naturally.

Have had great success & no reactions to work through with bee pollen.

Bodrum

Yeah I've had better results just using bee pollen which is loaded with naturally occurring thiamine as well as other b vitamins.

I think a lot of the issues with straight thiamine that people have is due to it being an isolated form. Thiamine never occurs by itself naturally.

Have had great success & no reactions to work through with bee pollen.
Awesome ?
how much bee polen do you take and how often , and when ? ??‍♂️
Thanks for the reply ?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Awesome ?
how much bee polen do you take and how often , and when ? ??‍♂️
Thanks for the reply ?
I'm taking 2 500mg pills a day in the morning after breakfast. Started noticing a genuine energy difference in about 5 days.

Next week I'm going to bump up to 3 pills a day.

ww3not4me

Any time you take a single nutrient or amino acid especialy in high amounts of by itself you can often run into drug like effects.

You seldom run into this though when taken at moderate doses and with food.

How is it your not angry all the time when you eat food that has thiamine in it? No offense but it might be in your head.

Lastly who in their right mind would take 1000mg of a B Vitamin with breakfast? 100mg is 8333% of the USDA so your taking 83,333% of the RDA. Start low and build up to the high dose slowly.

Maybe try snapping 1 in half and starting with that!

Last edited:
OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Any time you take a single nutrient or amino acid especialy in high amounts of by itself you can often run into drug like effects.

You seldom run into this though when taken at moderate doses and with food.

How is it your not angry all the time when you eat food that has thiamine in it? No offense but it might be in your head.
Lol that was a rapid contradiction.

Feel free to do any amount of research about how vitamin B makes people feel agitated. No offense but it will potentially make you look less ignorant?
Lastly who in their right mind would take 1000mg of a B Vitamin with breakfast? 100mg is 8333% of the USDA so your taking 83,333% of the RDA. Start low and build up to the high dose slowly.
I didn't take 1000mg... Seems like you're so gungho to be the person in the know that you're giving answers without reading anything in the thread.

ddjd

Have you tried this magnesium? I had the same problem. Took me years to find a magnesium supplement I could tolerate and/or would work. Been using this one with great success.

I'm going all-out blitz on thiamine. Took 1500mg today. 500 mg with lunch, 1000 mg with supper. Had some irritability this afternoon but fine after the bigger dose this evening.
Thanks for tip. Going to try this. Out of interest how does it compare to magnesium chloride topically?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals