Talk to me about reversing HPA axis dysfunction!

I'm.No.One

Just want to hear your thoughts about reversing HPA axis dysfunction from severe prolonged stress.

Every kinda stress imagined got me here: 14 hour work days, chronic under eating, heavy emotional load, poverty, not having running water, mold in collapsed house.

Been two years of:

Living in a nice home/no mold.

Been one year of:

Eating peat.

Gained 25lbs

I use:

Cypro at night .5mg to genuinely help me cope with stress

Aspirin 325mg x2 daily

Magnesium bicarb

Raw carrots

Bone marrow/calcium sups from ancestral supplements

Vit K3 blend from throne

Micro dose of MB

Progest-E, big glob in the evening.

Thyromix but I don't feel anything from it.

Breath work for stress reduction

Vagus nerve toning for stress response

I will say I am feeling better compared to last year for sure & I am working hard (ironically enough) to reduce my workload but it will never go all the way away.

I also have a teenager that eats me emotionally as I help her through her current self inflicted illness.

So I can't get rid of this stress.

I'm just curious about kicking the system back online so to speak. Prior to the last 3 years stress was not hard for me to handle, but 2019-21 just fu(king ate me alive & spat out my hollow bones.

Last I tested, about 8 months back, my cortisol was flipped. Almost zero in the daytime & dangerous high at night. I feel like that has improved just based on my ability to sleep through the night & better daytime energy levels.

Just to say: I ovulate like clockwork, periods aren't painful, clear skin with no effort, long nails, long hair, poop daily with "ghost wipes" + no digestive issues.

So looking for help is frustrating because the above makes people think "you're fine".

Primary issue is crazy fatigue & inability to cope with stress/focus.

Have gained a ton of weight, don't mind I needed it(still only 125 LBS at 5'5).

But gained unevenly in upper arms/stomach. I know the stomach could be cortisol, thinking upper arms are low testosterone.

Last hormone panel said (8 months ago) I had really low everything, including estrogen.

Sky high DHEA but that's typically for stress loads (don't have cancer before someone says that.)

Can't do thiamine ( because someone's gana say it's thiamine ?) because of benzo damage from years ago, do eat a sh!t ton of foods rich in it.

Have had decent changes from reducing serotonin, even my body odor basically went away.

Kinda just feel like I'm close to the ah ha moment I just am missing some little puzzle piece (besides two more years of healing ?) that will tip the scales back in my "don't lose everything you've worked for" favor because you can't cope with stress anymore.

Ideas? Experience?

mostlylurking

Just want to hear your thoughts about reversing HPA axis dysfunction from severe prolonged stress.

Every kinda stress imagined got me here: 14 hour work days, chronic under eating, heavy emotional load, poverty, not having running water, mold in collapsed house.

Been two years of:

Living in a nice home/no mold.

Been one year of:

Eating peat.

Gained 25lbs

I use:

Cypro at night .5mg to genuinely help me cope with stress

Aspirin 325mg x2 daily

Magnesium bicarb

Raw carrots

Bone marrow/calcium sups from ancestral supplements

Vit K3 blend from throne

Micro dose of MB

Progest-E, big glob in the evening.

Thyromix but I don't feel anything from it.

Breath work for stress reduction

Vagus nerve toning for stress response

I will say I am feeling better compared to last year for sure & I am working hard (ironically enough) to reduce my workload but it will never go all the way away.

I also have a teenager that eats me emotionally as I help her through her current self inflicted illness.

So I can't get rid of this stress.

I'm just curious about kicking the system back online so to speak. Prior to the last 3 years stress was not hard for me to handle, but 2019-21 just fu(king ate me alive & spat out my hollow bones.

Last I tested, about 8 months back, my cortisol was flipped. Almost zero in the daytime & dangerous high at night. I feel like that has improved just based on my ability to sleep through the night & better daytime energy levels.

Just to say: I ovulate like clockwork, periods aren't painful, clear skin with no effort, long nails, long hair, poop daily with "ghost wipes" + no digestive issues.

So looking for help is frustrating because the above makes people think "you're fine".

Primary issue is crazy fatigue & inability to cope with stress/focus.

Have gained a ton of weight, don't mind I needed it(still only 125 LBS at 5'5).

But gained unevenly in upper arms/stomach. I know the stomach could be cortisol, thinking upper arms are low testosterone.

Last hormone panel said (8 months ago) I had really low everything, including estrogen.

Sky high DHEA but that's typically for stress loads (don't have cancer before someone says that.)

Can't do thiamine ( because someone's gana say it's thiamine ?) because of benzo damage from years ago, do eat a sh!t ton of foods rich in it.

Have had decent changes from reducing serotonin, even my body odor basically went away.

Kinda just feel like I'm close to the ah ha moment I just am missing some little puzzle piece (besides two more years of healing ?) that will tip the scales back in my "don't lose everything you've worked for" favor because you can't cope with stress anymore.

Ideas? Experience?
How Can Something As Simple As Thiamine Cause So Many Problems?- Hormones Matter
Read the article; see if it might fit as an issue.

mostlylurking

What do you mean by that? Can you provide more information? Thiamine is required for life; you die without it.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

What do you mean by that? Can you provide more information? Thiamine is required for life; you die without it.
Yeah yeah but if I take it in pill form it absolutely destroys me because it interacts with the GABAs which benzos damaged.

People are so stuck on that supplement on this thread.

I said I eat plenty of food with it, just can't take the supplements unless you want me to fall back into alllll of the horrendous benzo withdrawal symptoms.

Besides my thiamine isn't low, had it tested.

Perry Staltic

Swimming is a huge stress reliever for me. Get very stressed without it. Puts me in a zone.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Swimming is a huge stress reliever for me. Get very stressed without it. Puts me in a zone.
I'm glad you have the relief! For sure isn't something that will help me though even if I had the option where I live.

TheSir

Try spending as much time in a fully physical relaxed state as possible.. It's not enough to just sit down and think that now you're relaxed. Instead, try to intentionally relax every muscle in your body as much as possible. See how every time you let the exhalation passively fall out of your lungs (no muscular effort required), you will relax further. If you do it right, soon you will feel a warm and pleasing tingling/buzz in your extremities and possibly elsewhere in your body. You will be in a state of enhanced oxygenation and parasympathetic activation, which is very conducive to healing the adrenals and will lower your stress even outside the sessions. Try to do at least 20 mins twice a day.

mostlylurking

Yeah yeah but if I take it in pill form it absolutely destroys me because it interacts with the GABAs which benzos damaged.

People are so stuck on that supplement on this thread.

I said I eat plenty of food with it, just can't take the supplements unless you want me to fall back into alllll of the horrendous benzo withdrawal symptoms.

Besides my thiamine isn't low, had it tested.
OK then.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Really curious how you know that
Because I spent my entire childhood at a pool in the summer because my parents couldn't afford a babysitter so I had to help my Dad work.

I absolutely hate swimming & don't want to soak myself in chlorine.

loess

Avoid getting bit by a tick or scratched by a cat.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Avoid getting bit by a tick or scratched by a cat.
Um..okay? So if I just avoid those two things I'll somehow reverse my HPA Axis dysfunction?

?

loess

Ha, I'm sorry - I let my resentment about my neurological Lyme disease get the best of me here. What I meant is: do not get a tick-borne infection or Bartonella (also known as "cat scratch fever"). Both can do a world of damage. Lyme got into my brain and ripped apart my HPA axis. It's broken for good.

Perry Staltic

Because I spent my entire childhood at a pool in the summer because my parents couldn't afford a babysitter so I had to help my Dad work.

I absolutely hate swimming & don't want to soak myself in chlorine.

Ah that makes sense. Yeah the chlorine sucks.

liam183

Tai Qi, Qigong, foundation training, foam rolling. Your fascia holds stress and doing fascial release will allow that stress to leave your body. Tai Qi and Qigong also help calm your mind and are basically moving meditation.

nieciadunn

I don’t have any specific suggestions but I wanted to say that I have a similar history to you and healing has taken me 3+ years after the damage I did. Hang in there. Sounds like you’re doing a lot of amazing things for your body.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals