Talk to me about raising testosterone levels in women?

Gustav3Y

Abnormally elevated DHEA is also linked to cancer.
In theory many abnormally high hormone levels are linked to tumors, same it is said for Estradiol, Prolactin, DHT, Progesterone, etc as far as medicine goes today, you can see some monumental levels for certain cancers in some studies.
But here I believe were are talking about high levels within normal limits of test values, definitely that is what I was referring to. not abnormal huge levels.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Abnormally elevated DHEA is also linked to cancer.
Specifically adrenal cancer. I don't have cancer, I have extremely high stress levels that went unchecked for years.

Basically all of my blood work is a picture of what that type of stress then the crash phase looks like.

At this point I'm basically looking to help my endocrine system come back online.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

In theory many abnormally high hormone levels are linked to tumors, same it is said for Estradiol, Prolactin, DHT, Progesterone, etc as far as medicine goes today, you can see some monumental levels for certain cancers in some studies.
But here I believe were are talking about high levels within normal limits of test values, definitely that is what I was referring to. not abnormal huge levels.
Yeah mine is high with the "high range", not off the chart.

It's stress.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Stressed out monkey's & high DHEA levels.

dreamcatcher

I'm sorry to hear that. Wish you would have more positive experiences to bring more happiness in your life.
Specifically adrenal cancer. I don't have cancer, I have extremely high stress levels that went unchecked for years.

Basically all of my blood work is a picture of what that type of stress then the crash phase looks like.

At this point I'm basically looking to help my endocrine system come back online.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I think if you make sure you are getting 2000 mg or more of calcium each day and eat something starchy every 3 hours or so that would really help lower your stress.

I knew several young women who regularly took aspirin recommended by their physician. They could not lose weight and were not less stressed than their peers. I think aspirin is helpful on occasion but not daily.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I'm sorry to hear that. Wish you would have more positive experiences to bring more happiness in your life.
Thank you for your well wishes & the intent behind them.

However, I didn't say I was unhappy, I said I have a high stress load.

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I think if you make sure you are getting 2000 mg or more of calcium each day and eat something starchy every 3 hours or so that would really help lower your stress.

I knew several young women who regularly took aspirin recommended by their physician. They could not lose weight and were not less stressed than their peers. I think aspirin is helpful on occasion but not daily.
I eat 6 times a day due to my teens recovery from a sensory based eating disorder (I have to eat with her for support), & I eat pretty peaty but I'll up the level of calcium to see it that helps. Can't hurt!

Tansia

Thank you @Theotherapril for starting this thread. I was looking for ways to increase testosterone as well. Ray seem to recommend to do anything that lowers stress to increase testosterone. I also take pogers-e, and some aspirin, thryroid as well. Have you checked your thyroid, pulse, temperature? Stress takes over when thyroid is low. I've just started pregnenelone to see if that helps. I could try tiny bits of DHT but not sure how to get it in Europe.

EchoTango

I'm a similar age, and also gone through several years of extreme stress, during which I was unintentionally under-eating. Also interested in the idea of increasing testosterone especially with regard to rebuilding muscle.

Reading through old posts I saw Blossom talk about taking testosterone cream with regard to increasing libido, and Regina talking about taking idealabs androsterone: Women Over 35 Hormonal Changes, Are You Doing Anything?

"Androsterone is an androgenic steroid derived via the activity of the enzyme 5-AR and is a donwstream metabolite of the more potent androgen DHT. Like all 5-AR derived androgens, androsterone displays anti-estrogenic and anti-glucocorticoid activity and in addition serves as a pro-hormone for DHT and other potent androgens. In addition, androsterone is a neurosteroid with potent GABA agonist activity, and is known to function as a pheromone in many animal species including humans. It has been shown to possess anti-depressant and anti-proliferative effects. Perhaps most importantly, it has been found to act like as a potent thyroid mimetic / surrogate and as such to increase basal temperature, oxygen consumption and lower lipid levels in humans."

I personally haven't tried androsterone or T cream yet.

What I am doing is taking Progesterone, which has so far been a life saver. I sometimes take it outside of the 14-28 days of my cycle if I get a follicular phase headache.

Pregnenolone causes me insomnia and excitability in even small 5mg doses. So I haven't had good results taking that as a means to produce downstream Testosterone yet, though I will continue to experiment.

Egg yolks contain a goodly amount of Testosterone (also estrogen, progesterone). I aim to eat 4-8 raw yolks a day mixed in O.J. and notice a vast improvement. If I remember I try to have a spoonful of coconut oil and a little vitamin E to protect from the egg yolk PUFA.

Keep us posted on your explorations!

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I'm a similar age, and also gone through several years of extreme stress, during which I was unintentionally under-eating. Also interested in the idea of increasing testosterone especially with regard to rebuilding muscle.
Yeah I was undereating too, stress hormones love to kill those hunger cues!
Reading through old posts I saw Blossom talk about taking testosterone cream with regard to increasing libido, and Regina talking about taking idealabs androsterone: Women Over 35 Hormonal Changes, Are You Doing Anything?

"Androsterone is an androgenic steroid derived via the activity of the enzyme 5-AR and is a donwstream metabolite of the more potent androgen DHT. Like all 5-AR derived androgens, androsterone displays anti-estrogenic and anti-glucocorticoid activity and in addition serves as a pro-hormone for DHT and other potent androgens. In addition, androsterone is a neurosteroid with potent GABA agonist activity, and is known to function as a pheromone in many animal species including humans. It has been shown to possess anti-depressant and anti-proliferative effects. Perhaps most importantly, it has been found to act like as a potent thyroid mimetic / surrogate and as such to increase basal temperature, oxygen consumption and lower lipid levels in humans."

I personally haven't tried androsterone or T cream yet.

Thanks for this info, I'll dig in☺️
What I am doing is taking Progesterone, which has so far been a life saver. I sometimes take it outside of the 14-28 days of my cycle if I get a follicular phase headache.

Mine is so low the only time I'm not taking it is during my cycle, it's been pretty helpful for stress. I'm gana retest in the next few months & adjust down in amount used if I'm back up into the normal ranges.
Pregnenolone causes me insomnia and excitability in even small 5mg doses. So I haven't had good results taking that as a means to produce downstream Testosterone yet, though I will continue to experiment.
The first day I took pregnenolone I felt pretty good, by the next day that stopped & I noticed my breath was really erratic indicative of anxiety. So that was a no go. At this point I don't think my body can convert it well.
Egg yolks contain a goodly amount of Testosterone (also estrogen, progesterone). I aim to eat 4-8 raw yolks a day mixed in O.J. and notice a vast improvement. If I remember I try to have a spoonful of coconut oil and a little vitamin E to protect from the egg yolk PUFA.
I eat tons of eggs (own a farm) daily (always over easy/raw egg yolk on many things) I'd not be too worried about the PUFAS as eggs also have a good amount of vitamin E. Typically nasty factory farm eggs have 2mg, & pastured can have upwards of 5mg.

I've cooked eggs in coconut oil though & it's not too bad if like me you dump Maple syrup on them ?
Keep us posted on your explorations!
Will do☺️

Tansia

These comments are so useful @EchoTango and @I'm.No.One :) Thank you!
It's interesting what youw write about pregnenenolone - I've tried about 50-100mg in the past and it caused huge axiety- coudn't sleep and had a shallow breath. Now I'm trying 5mg - I haven't yet experienced axiety, but it's too soon to say. Good tips with the egg yolks - will try them too.
Testosterone and Andorsterone seem tempting - I might try Andorsterone if I don't see improvements and will post here the results. By the way would any of you know where to buy Testosterone in EU?

Jonnie

These comments are so useful @EchoTango and @I'm.No.One :) Thank you!
It's interesting what youw write about pregnenenolone - I've tried about 50-100mg in the past and it caused huge axiety- coudn't sleep and had a shallow breath. Now I'm trying 5mg - I haven't yet experienced axiety, but it's too soon to say. Good tips with the egg yolks - will try them too.
Testosterone and Andorsterone seem tempting - I might try Andorsterone if I don't see improvements and will post here the results. By the way would any of you know where to buy Testosterone in EU?
Purplepanda labs. I think low t women could potentially benefit from a few specs on the lips of their micronized testosterone base powder… but I’m not sure am not women. I’d take T over androsterone, not too sure about androsterone.

Tansia

Purplepanda labs. I think low t women could potentially benefit from a few specs on the lips of their micronized testosterone base powder… but I’m not sure am not women. I’d take T over androsterone, not too sure about androsterone.
Thanks @Boreas will look it up. Which form of testosterone do you recommend.

Jonnie

Thanks @Boreas will look it up. Which form of testosterone do you recommend.
Micronized base Testosterone powder.
But imo just focus on thyroid and lowering cortisol. I suspect if you’re high cortisol and low thyroid and use T the effects might be…
Not very feminine.

Jonnie

So let's say a woman (36) worked herself to death, like stage 3 HPA Axis dysfunction & one of the ramifications to this beyond flipped cortisol cycling is tanked testosterone levels.

Everything I read in the pro-metabolic community for women is an obsession with lowering estrogen levels (I understand the why) but my issue is low testosterone/progesterone.

So anything I read about testosterone is always geared towards men (I understand why).

My estrogen was even at the low end of the normal level.

My DHEA was sky high the last time I self tested, which to me screams it's not converting to anything?

I eat pro-metabolic, I've gained 22 lbs (I'm now 122lbs so not exactly overweight), I do gentle weight lifting & my main weight gain has been well dispersed everywhere except my upper arms/lower stomach.

In fact, my arms are just absurdly out of control. Which from all of my research is a pretty good indicator of how little testosterone I have in my body.

I'm using progest-E, I take aspirin, trying to work on my stress.

I also started thyromix about two weeks back, taking 3-4 drops topically a day. Don't feel anything from it really beyond a brief moment of calm now & then. No energy increase, but again low testosterone...

It's been 7+ months & while I know healing takes time I honestly almost feel worse now than I did say 5 months ago.

I will say I've always chronically under eaten due to being homeless my entire teenage years so my hunger cues were dead. I'm not looking to lose weight or to reduce my calorie intake so much as address the issue that is low testosterone making the weight gain not happen evenly.

I have gained a lot of arm muscle but it's buried under a fuc!ng fat cap?
imo 3-4 drops of tyromix is way too much if your stress hormones are already too high.
(Sometimes 1 drop of tyromix is too much for me)

I’d stop using that much and try progest-E plus food, rest and sunshine. But I guess you will get that in Portugal soon.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

imo 3-4 drops of tyromix is way too much if your stress hormones are already too high.
(Sometimes 1 drop of tyromix is too much for me)

I’d stop using that much and try progest-E plus food, rest and sunshine. But I guess you will get that in Portugal soon.
I don't feel the thyromix at all when I use it.

Jonnie

I don't feel the thyromix at all when I use it.
All it did to me in the beginning was make me feel on edge and get tingling in my left hand so I switched to tyromax.
Now after using tyromax for about a month I can take 1 drop of tyromix and it warms me and raises my heartrate in a nice way (If I’m well fed).

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

All it did to me in the beginning was make me feel on edge and get tingling in my left hand so I switched to tyromax.
Now after using tyromax for about a month I can take 1 drop of tyromix and it warms me and raises my heartrate in a nice way (If I’m well fed).
Maybe I'll try thyromax then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals