Low Progesterone, Estrogen And Testosterone Levels

Linda L

Hello,

A month ago I discovered I have extremely low progesterone, estrogen, cortisol and testosterone levels for a 25 year old female. My doctor gave me DHEA, Pregnenolone and Licorice Extract which I am supposed to take twice daily. I found that I have severe weight gain with I believe the pregnenolone (to the point where I'm very uncomfortable with myself and feel really bloated at the same time). I was wondering if anyone knew how to increase these hormones without the substantial weight gain? Everything I've come across has had to do with oestrogen dominance but I have low levels there too.

Thanks so much.

Mad

The only advice I can offer is to consider that you might still be estrogen dominant.
About a year ago I also had my hormones tested via a month long saliva test. I'm a 24yo female. My results also showed low progesterone and estrogen, and normal testosterone. And like you, all I could ever read about was that I still had to be estrogen dominant.
Finally someone on that forum explained to me that my results of low saliva estrogen could indicate that I'm still very high in estrogen because something about low serum/saliva estrogen indicates very high estrogen stored in the tissues? Something like that. And they said according to Peat it's the level of estrogen stored in the tissues that is of concern.
I have been taking progesterone (Progest E) rather than pregnenolone.