Low SHBG + Low Testosterone

Milan555

Hello,

I'm a 30 year old male, and I have low levels of SHBG (10 in a range of 10-50) and low testosterone (350 in a range of 330-1000-ish).

I was prescribed Clomid to stimulate more T, however all it did was raise LH high to 10 (above range HIGH). But I barely saw any change in testosterone levels. It barely went up 100 points.

I'm wondering now why my testosterone didn't go up pretty high considering my LH went up quite a bit. Is SHBG needed in higher amounts for total testosterone to go higher?

If so, I'd like to address the low SHBG and see how that can be raised. I have high triglycerides and LDL which I'm trying to improve. I'm eliminating sugar and refined carbs to help reduce insulin levels.

Any insights would be appreciated. I'd like to fix my low testosterone levels naturally without having to take drugs such as Clomid. Thank you!

Markus

It's probably due to insulin resistance and improving insulin sensitivity should improve most of the issues.

Kunstruct

Clomid what dosage and how often per week?

What is your TSH values? Prolactin and Estradiol?

The fact that it went 100 point is something, how much time it passed?

Careful with Clomid might get you dizzy and completely libido-less.

T

TheBeard

Hello,

I'm a 30 year old male, and I have low levels of SHBG (10 in a range of 10-50) and low testosterone (350 in a range of 330-1000-ish).

I was prescribed Clomid to stimulate more T, however all it did was raise LH high to 10 (above range HIGH). But I barely saw any change in testosterone levels. It barely went up 100 points.

I'm wondering now why my testosterone didn't go up pretty high considering my LH went up quite a bit. Is SHBG needed in higher amounts for total testosterone to go higher?

If so, I'd like to address the low SHBG and see how that can be raised. I have high triglycerides and LDL which I'm trying to improve. I'm eliminating sugar and refined carbs to help reduce insulin levels.

Any insights would be appreciated. I'd like to fix my low testosterone levels naturally without having to take drugs such as Clomid. Thank you!

If clomid didn’t improve your test values much, it means you have primary hypogonadism rather than secondary, so no amount of LH will stimulate your testes.

That makes you a good TRT candidate

OP
M

Milan555

I am taking 12.5mg Clomid everyday.

Interesting thing is my FREE TESTOSTERONE came in OVER the normal range with clomid, even though Total Testosterone came in at around 400.

Prolactin - I think around 4 (on the lower end of normal range)
Estradiol - 30
TSH - 1.1
Free T3 - 3.3 (midrange)

I understand your reasoning for why I could be primary hypogonadal. But I'm only 30 years old, and about 5 years ago, I was able to get my natural T up to around 1,000 with Nolvadex and HCG separately. I'd be surprised if I somehow got primary hypogonadism within the past 5 years. I feel I should have normally functioning testes. No other damage or trauma to testes since then.

Does anyone have info on low SHBG and its relation to total testosterone? Something tells me there's something else blocking my total testosterone from going up to its potential. Could it be low SHBG leading to faster T clearance and excretion? Or some insulin resistance blocking T from being produced in normal amounts?

My SHBG is 10 (borderline LOW), and that probably explains my ABOVE RANGE free testosterone. But I still feel low T symptoms despite the high free T, which is puzzling.

Kunstruct

I guess if you've done Nolvadex and HCG you know these kind of stuff work.
Your other values are very good, none of that huge Prolactine like I have seen on some people, but most of those are unaware of Clomid, Nolvadex, etc.
I am having a bit hard time believing doctors prescribe these sort of drugs for increasing Testosterone, unless the doctor is a specialized clinic, someone that has a pro-bodybuilding mindset.

Peatfan19

Below is a copy of a previous post which you may find helpful. Also check out the benefits of ginger root.

For those interested in a natural product that raises testosterone, backed up by research, it may be worthwhile taking a closer look at Bulbine Natalensis.

Anabolic and androgenic activities of Bulbine natalensis stem in male Wistar rats. - PubMed - NCBI

One of the pioneers in conducting research and raising awareness on the positive effects of Bulbine Natalensis on testosterone is fitness and health expert Mike Mahler.

Natural Testosterone Boosters | www.mikemahler.com - Mahler's Aggressive Strength

Mike Mahler is the real deal, I have followed his research and writings for many years (his work led me to Danny Roddy, which ultimately led me to Ray Peat). Although vegan, many of his views are pro-Peat, with a strong focus on the health benefits of natural products such as coconut oil etc. He however has a contrarian view on several other aspects.

His articles (especially on what he calls hormone optimization) are worth taking a look at.

Hormone Optimization - Mahler's Aggressive Strength

For the sake of balance, it needs to be noted that some research pointed out elevated liver enzymes and histological changes to liver tissue as a result of using Bulbine Natalensis, accompanied by similar effects in the kidneys, indicating a degree of toxicity. (Yakubu M, Afolayan A. Reproductive toxicologic evaluations of Bulbine natalensis Baker stem extract in albino rats. Theriogenology. 2009;72(3):322-332. [PubMed])

Based on personal experience, Bulbine Natalensis is indeed a powerful testosterone booster, and despite some lingering liver issues (result of AS use), I did not experience any negative side effects from using Mike Mahler's product whatsoever.

It is worth noting that the latest version of Mike Mahler's product contains Ashwaganda extract, which I'm not a fan of, and that there are also other versions of Bulbine Natalensis available online.

T

TheBeard

My SHBG is 10 (borderline LOW), and that probably explains my ABOVE RANGE free testosterone. But I still feel low T symptoms despite the high free T, which is puzzling.

It also explains you feeling low T symptoms.
As Ray mentioned, SHBG has a role in transporting hormones inside their target receptors and activating them.

That’s the whole fallacy about « only free T matters ».

I wrote on this already

OP
M

Milan555

It also explains you feeling low T symptoms.
As Ray mentioned, SHBG has a role in transporting hormones inside their target receptors and activating them.

That’s the whole fallacy about « only free T matters ».

I wrote on this already

Do you have any tips to correct these SHBG deficiencies? I think getting my SHBG up will allow total testosterone to go up as well, but mainly it would allow testosterone to enter the target receptors as you mentioned.

T

TheBeard

Do you have any tips to correct these SHBG deficiencies? I think getting my SHBG up will allow total testosterone to go up as well, but mainly it would allow testosterone to enter the target receptors as you mentioned.

Cleaning your liver

T

TheBeard

Any major things I can do or take to accomplish cleaning my liver? Any supplements I can do that make a big difference?

Look up the liver flush protocole, either from Andreas Moritz or Hulda Clark

Frankdee20

I’ve got the same issues, 500 + Triglycerides and low T.... Often comes back 460, but a year ago it came back 298 (after drinking the night before).... I just got tested last week, and if I don’t like what I see, I will take matters into my own hands

T

TheBeard

Any trusted brands we can buy on line? or does it have to be an rx from a doc?

Hmm yeah...tons.
Don't expect me to spoonfeed you just because you signed up one month ago with a girl's name and pic.
Go to steroid forums, scroll, read, don't ask stupid questions.
After a few months of doing only this you should find