Deeper voice in relation to testosterone levels

Yasin

Hi,

I hope you’re all well.

A few years ago I made a thread regarding my issue of having frequent fluctuations of voice depth and power. I have now figured it out. It is all due to my testosterone levels even as an adult. I have sorted out my hormonal health using a reliable mens multi-vitamin.

When my testosterone levels are normal or higher, every word I speak I can feel a strong vibration on my chest when I put my hand on my sternum. There is a very strong chest resonance. My voice is deeper, bassier and has more "force" behind it. I don't have to force anything, my words just always vibrate on my chest/sternum upon speech.

When my testosterone levels are on the low side, my words only resonate in my nasal and throat area. I am not imagining this and have even recorded my voice with low and normal testosterone levels and there is a very audible difference. The best example I can give is how your voice sounds after a very strenuous workout or if you’ve inhaled dust. The voice loses the bassier vibration and sounds more nasally and lacks power. No matter how hard I try to relax, breathe using diaphragmatic support and strengthen and relax my neck muscles, I cannot feel vibration on my sternum upon speech when I put my hand on it.

I do know that testosterone has a significant role in laryngeal muscle strength and size. Lower levels of testosterone can cause a weakening and shrinking of these laryngeal muscles. The thyroarytenoid muscle is responsible for the "chest voice" and lower pitches upon phonation. Low levels of testosterone can cause the thyroarytenoid muscles to lose strength and size. This will result in great difficulty or impossibility in producing a strong chest sound when speaking.

There was another user on a different hormone optimization forum who also experiences this vocal change.

To sum it up and as per my experience, if your testosterone levels lower significantly even in adulthood, the voice gets higher, weaker and loses bass. Hormones play a huge role in your voice depth and power through early life to senesence.

Read page 448 of this book. The link is below. More specifically the information under the heading "Hypogonadotrophic Disorders". This gives information regarding how low testosterone negatively affects the male voice. Diagnosis and Treatment of Voice Disorders

I can’t be the only one who has noticed a deeper and bassier voice.

Please do share your thoughts and experiences as personally for me this is a clear sign that my hormone levels are optimal.

cats

Another explanation is that when muscles' energy level is higher they are more relaxed, which would lower their resonant frequency.

Beastmode

When my testosterone levels are on the low side, my words only resonate in my nasal and throat area.

Both signs of shallow breathing which goes with a more "stressed" system. I would be curious about thyroid function more.

Peat has mentioned that men in general will get deeper voices as they age since the vocal chords thicken over time. A good example of this is a health teacher Paul Chek. If you hear is early 90's audios/videos compared to now, it's much different. Also, the guy had very high testosterone when his voice was extremely nasally. He's around 60 now and still has relatively good testosterone levels.

My voice has gotten deeper over the past 4 years since getting my body temp/pulse in order and using T3, aspirin, etc more consistently.

GreekDemiGod

A few years ago I made a thread regarding my issue of having frequent fluctuations of voice depth and power.
I doubt T levels fluctuate that often and to such a high degree. It's not like a 800 ng/dL man has a bad night of sleep and wakes up the next day with 400 ng/dL, that just doesn't happen. Any increase or decrease takes time and the effects are gradual and very slow.

opethfeldt

I think low cortisol is more important for voice depth than androgens. Plenty of guys with visually high androgens have higher pitched voices. Even guys on AAS can sometimes have high pitched voices. The more laid back guys tend to have deep voices. I notice my voice is much deeper at night when I'm relaxing than when I'm at work and my testosterone would be lower at that time.

equipoise

It's been shown there's little to no correlation with voice depth and testosterone. It's a myth.

Kray

Hi,

I hope you’re all well.

A few years ago I made a thread regarding my issue of having frequent fluctuations of voice depth and power. I have now figured it out. It is all due to my testosterone levels even as an adult. I have sorted out my hormonal health using a reliable mens multi-vitamin.

When my testosterone levels are normal or higher, every word I speak I can feel a strong vibration on my chest when I put my hand on my sternum. There is a very strong chest resonance. My voice is deeper, bassier and has more "force" behind it. I don't have to force anything, my words just always vibrate on my chest/sternum upon speech.

When my testosterone levels are on the low side, my words only resonate in my nasal and throat area. I am not imagining this and have even recorded my voice with low and normal testosterone levels and there is a very audible difference. The best example I can give is how your voice sounds after a very strenuous workout or if you’ve inhaled dust. The voice loses the bassier vibration and sounds more nasally and lacks power. No matter how hard I try to relax, breathe using diaphragmatic support and strengthen and relax my neck muscles, I cannot feel vibration on my sternum upon speech when I put my hand on it.

I do know that testosterone has a significant role in laryngeal muscle strength and size. Lower levels of testosterone can cause a weakening and shrinking of these laryngeal muscles. The thyroarytenoid muscle is responsible for the "chest voice" and lower pitches upon phonation. Low levels of testosterone can cause the thyroarytenoid muscles to lose strength and size. This will result in great difficulty or impossibility in producing a strong chest sound when speaking.

There was another user on a different hormone optimization forum who also experiences this vocal change.

To sum it up and as per my experience, if your testosterone levels lower significantly even in adulthood, the voice gets higher, weaker and loses bass. Hormones play a huge role in your voice depth and power through early life to senesence.

Read page 448 of this book. The link is below. More specifically the information under the heading "Hypogonadotrophic Disorders". This gives information regarding how low testosterone negatively affects the male voice. Diagnosis and Treatment of Voice Disorders

I can’t be the only one who has noticed a deeper and bassier voice.

Please do share your thoughts and experiences as personally for me this is a clear sign that my hormone levels are optimal.
Can you share which Mens Multivitamin you used? Are you still using it, and getting good results?

Beastmode

This isn't hormone related, but voice coaches like Roger Love have trainings that can help access higher or deeper parts of our voice. Some people, due to many reasons including nutrition, will have a deeper voice from how they use their diaphragm.

Risingfire

Agreed. When I take DHT my voice gets deeper and has more of a booming and relaxing quality to it

OP
Y

Yasin

Can you share which Mens Multivitamin you used? Are you still using it, and getting good results?
I took the Vitabiotics Wellman Original supplement. This supplement has more vitamin D than the original one, so look for the one which says it has more vitamin D. One day after taking this supplement, I had strong morning wood and a significantly deeper voice, so I know it increased my testosterone levels. I've stopped using it now as it gave me quite bad anxiety after a few months of use. I believe it was the Copper in that supplement that caused it. Thereafter, upon stopping that supplement I was taking 25 mg Zinc Picolinate daily and retained the deeper voice benefit. However, for some reason after a few months of use, I felt more anxious and a state of feeling "slight nerves" all the time. I'm actually going to make a post soon regarding this "slight social anxiety" that I seem to have out of nowhere. I have no idea whether it's the continuous intake of the Zinc or a vitamin/mineral imbalance caused by taking the mens multivitamin regularly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals