Female, needing to raise testosterone levels.

I'm.No.One

So I am a 36 year old woman, I'm 5'4 130lbs, with low testosterone.

I am not estrogen dominant (in fact I'm progesterone dominant).

I have been low in testosterone for about two years.

I have been eating PM for about that long & come from a life of chronic under eating due to poverty. I never restricted meat/fats/carbs just didn't have reliable access to food until the last 3-4 years of my life.

My main symptoms are exhaustion, zero sex drive unless I'm ovulating then it's out of control, weight gain in upper arms/lower stomach.

Basically when I look at the list of symptoms for women with low testosterone I check most of the boxes.

I was in a flipped cortisol rhythm but I have resolved that. My cortisol levels are now good, which is crazy to think about how far that has come.

My DHEA levels are good without supplementing.

I know the cause of all of this is excessive stress, most of which is absolutely unavoidable but I'm just trying to help my body come back online so to speak.

So here's my plan, I'd love any input:

Vitamin E - open to MG advice

Vitamin K/thorne - have already been taking this for months alongside aspirin, so it's not the answer it seems but will keep it up.

Pine Pollen- I'm sourcing this from the US/hand gathered. Open to MG advice.

Continuing to do gentle weight lifting- I'm not trying to add stress to my body so I do about 20-30 mins a day of slow muscle building.

As you can imagine it's hard finding information on testosterone for women.

Every inch of the female PM community is OCD about estrogen dominance being the main cause for women's issues.

But that isn't my issue...

Even if I went to a gyno from the research I've done it would likely be a long uphill battle for them to even prescribe me a low dose of testosterone.

Anyhow see anything you would add?

I'd also love to email Ray about this as it's absolutely something that's not talked a lot about on here or anywhere really.

L_C

I don't have a definite answer for you but if you need to raise testosterone I would research the posts written by Hans and Lokzo on how to raise it without supplementing testosterone.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I don't have a definite answer for you but if you need to raise testosterone I would research the posts written by Hans and Lokzo on how to raise it without supplementing testosterone.
Thanks, I've read a handful of those various threads. It's just that soooo much of it is related to men's endocrine systems.

Taking 5mg of DHEA daily and about 25 mg of progesterone can increase testosterone to healthy levels in women.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Taking 5mg of DHEA daily and about 25 mg of progesterone can increase testosterone to healthy levels in women.
I'm already progesterone dominant, like Progest-E put me in dangerously high levels so that's not an option.

With my DHEA already in a good range and having tried it in the past with no positive results this doesn't seem to be an option for my body. In fact all it did last time was make my levels scary high, so it's seemingly not converting.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

So I just wanted add that today my temps have ALL been 98.6?

I'm usually hovering around 97.5

The only new thing I have genuinely taken is the pine pollen.

I know it's just day one so it could be a fluke (I'm not ovulating) but it's really interesting that thyroid could never get my temps up but pine pollen does?

I'll keep an eye on it for sure to see if it's a consistent thing.

I feel incredibly warm though, like it would take some getting used to feeling this way for sure.

sunny

That's amazing. Please keep updating. How much and what brand are you taking?

dreamcatcher

Haidut has said that endotoxin burdens the liver and causes estrogen to become elevated. Unopposed estrogen keeps the adrenals chronically overactive that causes DHEA to be produced in high amounts.
So you might have too low testosterone in ratio to other hormones.
You could get testosterone at purplepandalabs.com.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Haidut has said that endotoxin burdens the liver and causes estrogen to become elevated. Unopposed estrogen keeps the adrenals chronically overactive that causes DHEA to be produced in high amounts.
So you might have too low testosterone in ratio to other hormones.
You could get testosterone at purplepandalabs.com.
That's interesting, you'd think I'd have high estrogen/DHEA then. Which I don't at the moment.

I did last year have really high DHEA but that's a common symptom of super high stress loads.

I for sure have too low of testosterone though!

Thanks for the lead on testosterone, I'll check it out.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

That's amazing. Please keep updating. How much and what brand are you taking?
I'm using American river pine pollen off of Etsy.

It's the pine synergy blend which has ponderosa, lodgepole, ghost pine in it.

I have also just ordered two jars of their raw pine pollen.

Yesterday I took two dropper fulls in the morning and two dropper fulls in the afternoon.

Today I'm feeling totally euphoric but not in a serotonin way. Just upbeat & ready to own the day!

SonOfEurope

Do you have a good circadian rhythm? Waking up early and getting good morning light? Avoiding EMF? Detail your protein intake.

Tansia

I'm using American river pine pollen off of Etsy.

It's the pine synergy blend which has ponderosa, lodgepole, ghost pine in it.

I have also just ordered two jars of their raw pine pollen.

Yesterday I took two dropper fulls in the morning and two dropper fulls in the afternoon.

Today I'm feeling totally euphoric but not in a serotonin way. Just upbeat & ready to own the day!
This sounds promising! Have you checked your blood testosterone after supplementing with pine pollen.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

This sounds promising! Have you checked your blood testosterone after supplementing with pine pollen.
I just started two days ago so a little soon.

Plus, when testing female hormone levels we've gata do it at very specific times in our cycle to see the rhythms. So the next time I do a hormone test will be in a few months to give things time & then it takes about a month to collect all of the samples.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Do you have a good circadian rhythm? Waking up early and getting good morning light? Avoiding EMF? Detail your protein intake.
Yep I wake up at 6am naturally, sleeping by 10pm & fall asleep effortlessly.

We have HUGE living room window that flood light in every morning, when it warms up more outside I'm out there by 7am tending to our livestock.

I also eat as soon as I wake up, typically within no less than 30mins.

We eat pretty high protein, we also raise most of the meat we eat. Most meals have a meat included. I don't eat man-made PUFA.

Wifi gets shut off at night, we live/work in the middle of nowhere with zero cell service, have a somatic thingy (can't recall it's exact name) that mitigates the emf while it's on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals