Talk to me about reducing estrogen

Emunagal

I'm almost 40 and nursing a baby. I take about 25mg of progesterone a day, broken into 3 doses along with T3/T4 also in small doses. Plus a slew of high quality vitamins. I attempt to avoid PUFAs like the plague (ie I wish I could make everything myself but with a busy house with a bunch of kids, some I can't avoid, but I myself cook only with coconut oil and sometimes a bit of palm oil), I dont have any forms of white (sugar, flour, etc) in my house either. I tried taking extra coconut oil but just gained more weight!

After an abusive childhood I suffer from lifelong effects of chronic stress and estrogen dominance including all the hypos - hypoglycemic (this is the only one not improved so far), low thyroid, scary cold average body temperature, low blood pressure. I got my period crazy heavy at age 10. Unfortunately the metabolism is still very low and I also have episodes of pounding heart/tachycardia.

I've suffered with huge even daily swings in milk supply with every baby but now my doctor noticed - I've got lots of estrogen that shouldn't be there with nursing full time (big surprise to me, right?) and this is clearly causing all the issues, including that my period returns right away which makes everything even worse. Not such a surprise granted that my estrogen levels are sky high while progesterone is low, even with daily progesterone supplementation for 10 years!

She recommended taking medicine to increase prolactin, which will then negate the estrogen. But I hate bandaids - I would rather reduce the estrogen instead of work around it, especially by messing with prolactin which has its own effects.

So the question is - how to get rid of all that estrogen and boost metabolism safely, while nursing? Can I take DHEA and how - I am quite terrified of it turning into more estrogen in my current state.

THANK YOU in advance!

PS I try reading Peat's articles but I get lost with all these hormones and compounds etc. I wish the advice was more practical and simple - for this problem, take these supplements... xyz.

Coconut oil has never been effective for fat loss for me either, but butter and ghee have been. Add the carrot salad!

OP
E

Emunagal

Thanks, I just found the carrot salad! Bought carrots, planning on trying first thing in the morning. I find my symptoms tend to be worse first thing in the morning, including mild water retention.

I also found your great thread on weight loss. Do you have a website with recipes or something?

Last edited:
Thanks, I just found the carrot salad! Bought carrots, planning on trying first thing in the morning. I find my symptoms tend to be worse first thing in the morning, including mild water retention.

I also found your great thread on weight less. Do you have a website with recipes or something?

I have 55 different threads on this forum, that I have made on many different subjects. Below I have linked my recipe threads for you!

PEATY PROTEINS

PEATY FRUITS & VEGETABLES

NO CREAM ICE CREAM

CHICKEN BONE BROTH & WINGS

PEATY SWEETS & SAUCES

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals