Talk to me about raising testosterone levels in women?

I'm.No.One

So let's say a woman (36) worked herself to death, like stage 3 HPA Axis dysfunction & one of the ramifications to this beyond flipped cortisol cycling is tanked testosterone levels.

Everything I read in the pro-metabolic community for women is an obsession with lowering estrogen levels (I understand the why) but my issue is low testosterone/progesterone.

So anything I read about testosterone is always geared towards men (I understand why).

My estrogen was even at the low end of the normal level.

My DHEA was sky high the last time I self tested, which to me screams it's not converting to anything?

I eat pro-metabolic, I've gained 22 lbs (I'm now 122lbs so not exactly overweight), I do gentle weight lifting & my main weight gain has been well dispersed everywhere except my upper arms/lower stomach.

In fact, my arms are just absurdly out of control. Which from all of my research is a pretty good indicator of how little testosterone I have in my body.

I'm using progest-E, I take aspirin, trying to work on my stress.

I also started thyromix about two weeks back, taking 3-4 drops topically a day. Don't feel anything from it really beyond a brief moment of calm now & then. No energy increase, but again low testosterone...

It's been 7+ months & while I know healing takes time I honestly almost feel worse now than I did say 5 months ago.

I will say I've always chronically under eaten due to being homeless my entire teenage years so my hunger cues were dead. I'm not looking to lose weight or to reduce my calorie intake so much as address the issue that is low testosterone making the weight gain not happen evenly.

I have gained a lot of arm muscle but it's buried under a fuc!ng fat cap?

sunny

Thanks for posting, I have been looking for the same info. I has gotten estrogen under control with progest-e, but not sure if that also reduced the testosterone. I think there are pitfalls to just supplementing some testosterone, so have been trying to educate my self on that before supplementation.

Stilgar

Have you tried aspirin? I have some of your issues and it helped me regulate my appetite and poor hunger cues (presumably through free fatty acid reduction). Also lowers cortisol, increases testosterone and lowers estrogen.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Have you tried aspirin? I have some of your issues and it helped me regulate my appetite and poor hunger cues (presumably through free fatty acid reduction). Also lowers cortisol, increases testosterone and lowers estrogen.
I've been using aspirin for about 7 months, not saying it does nothing but I haven't noticed much.

I have hunger cues now (even prior to aspirin) my main thing was not ignoring them, no supplements for that just changing personal habits.

My cortisol is non existent during the day at this point in my burn out so maybe aspirin is actually a problem.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Thanks for posting, I have been looking for the same info. I has gotten estrogen under control with progest-e, but not sure if that also reduced the testosterone. I think there are pitfalls to just supplementing some testosterone, so have been trying to educate my self on that before supplementation.
Yeah the only thing I've seen is "take DHEA" but for me anyhow that's pointless because my body already isn't converting the high DHEA levels I have (stress makes high DHEA).

Dotdash

Oh add me to this list and for all the same reasons! I am currently trying a drop of Gonadin daily. The thread on this product is quite lengthy and mostly male oriented. However, there were a couple of ladies trying this with good success. My testosterone levels were non existent when measured. How females raise this without overdoing it would be a helpful question answered.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Oh add me to this list and for all the same reasons! I am currently trying a drop of Gonadin daily. The thread on this product is quite lengthy and mostly male oriented. However, there were a couple of ladies trying this with good success. My testosterone levels were non existent when measured. How females raise this without overdoing it would be a helpful question answered.
How long have you been doing that? Is that one from ideal labs?

dreamcatcher

What about taking K2 to raise testosterone? My hormonal profile is similar to the op. I would not use aspirin, I did in the past with undesirable results.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

What about taking K2 to raise testosterone? My hormonal profile is similar to the op. I would not use aspirin, I did in the past with undesirable results.
I can look into that.

If you don't mind sharing what did you experience with the aspirin?

Gustav3Y

My DHEA was sky high the last time I self tested, which to me screams it's not converting to anything?

Yeah, I wonder what is that about, I keep seeing articles here how to raise DHEA because it is one of Ray's youth hormones (DHEA, Prog and Preg) but many people have it really high in the first place, not everyone has it low like Ray's article would suggest just because he does not address that part.

Some say that high DHEA is suggestive of hard working adrenal glands, but then you are saying your Cortisol is non-existent which is also adrenal glands produced, so maybe they are not overworked?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Yeah, I wonder what is that about, I keep seeing articles here how to raise DHEA because it is one of Ray's youth hormones (DHEA, Prog and Preg) but many people have it really high in the first place, not everyone has it low like Ray's article would suggest just because he does not address that part.

Some say that high DHEA is suggestive of hard working adrenal glands, but then you are saying your Cortisol is non-existent which is also adrenal glands produced, so maybe they are not overworked?
Actually they were chronically overworked to the point of burn out, basically what happens if your cortisol levels are chronically elevated is the HPA axis shuts down to protect the brain from the cortisol.

I'm in stage 3 HPA axis dysfunction from 4+ years of extreme 14 hour day level stress. I'm working on it.

High DHEA, from everything I've read, is a symptom of serious stress but I still can't find anything about how to get it to convert.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Randomly going to add that it looks like EVO increases testosterone in men, I wonder if it would have the same capacity in women?

David PS

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

dreamcatcher

Abnormally elevated DHEA is also linked to cancer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals