Should Low Total Testosterone Be Treated?

OP
B

Ben

The fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E, are a cheaper and likely healthier way to control estrogen/increase testosterone. Zinc also does this, though for me it accomplishes headaches and lethargy (have big bag of zinc, so I'll make thread survey about it). Clomid is often used by bodybuilders to control estrogen conversion during steroid use. So I wonder how much they can reduce dosage by taking the appropriate supplements. It would definitely save money.

OP
B

Ben

Apparently progesterone increases SHBG. So unexamined_whimsey's theory about muscular people having low SHBG is probably right, and low progesterone is probably a culprit.

When I put lots of progest-E on my skin for weeks, I didn't notice much of a difference with anything. Hemoglobin was ~17.8.

Koveras

I have high RBC, hematocrit, and hemoglobin on a blood test, acne, and a normal or high sex drive, all of which were present when I had untreated hypothyroidism and they have to do with high testosterone. Now my resting heart rate is fairly fast (took higher dosage of cynomel for a few days so far), so I guess my thyroid function is fine. I have rosacea and autoimmunity in my thyroid gland, which have to do with high estrogen. I have dandruff. I had testicular pain daily until I started taking pregnenolone, so maybe there was inflammation there. I have anxiety, but also fatigue. Cortisol wasn't low on a blood test. I tried thiamine, which was said to eliminate fatigue in some Hashimoto's patients, but I didn't feel anything from it. I don't notice anything from aspirin. Caffeine gives me clinically significant depressive symptoms, possibly allergy-related. I eat constantly throughout the day while others are satisfied quickly with their meals. I have a healthy weight.

I have no idea what could be causing fatigue, so I wonder if it's my low testosterone. But again, low testosterone may be a "difference" instead of actually causing bad health. Is low testosterone the problem? I don't know what else it could be, and testosterone would worsen rosacea, acne, and autoimmunity because it would increase estrogen.

B2 is very very important. Not only is it involved in the electron transport chain functioning, but an organism cannot properly utilize oxygen if B2 status is not right. The activated form FAD is actually a stronger oxidizing agent than NAD and as such its levels are usually very low in many chronic conditions linked to reductive stress including diabetes, CVD, and cancer.
Nitric Oxide, Nitrates, Nitrites, and Fluoride, KMUD, 2015
"...RP: I always recommend eggs and liver as the easiest way to get both trace minerals and vitamins. But you can look at food charts and find things that are not necessarily as good. But you can put together a diet with a high content of certain vitamins. Vit B2 is one that I've seen lot of serious deficiencies; people with red noses, rosacea, nose bleeds, some mood problems for memory and such. You can’t use oxygen if you’re deficient in Vit B2. But besides the fact that the synthetics are so allergenic for a lot of people, if you take up a very large amount (some of the pills have 50 or 100mg in each tablet), it can reach the level in your skin and your eyes where it sensitizes you to the sunlight. Even blue light will react with riboflavin in your eyes and skin, causing free radical change.
HD: B vitamins are water soluble vitamins that cannot be stored. What kind of dosage would you recommend for Vit B2 ?
RP: 5 or 10mg per day."

Need Help With Lowering Estrogen Even More

Vitamins B1 & B2 Are Required For Estrogen Inactivation By Liver

tomisonbottom

Sorry if you expected a response, I eventually decided to not to try pine pollen after I've waited a while for it to be ordered, because I decided it wouldn't be the smartest choice.

While healthier males have higher testosterone, I think it's because of a higher metabolism and lower estrogen. Giving testosterone replacement to low testosterone men had some negative effect on their health (higher heart disease, I think), and that's because the core problem is converting too much to estrogen. A better way to increase testosterone levels is to reduce estrogen formation, that also increases progesterone and the metabolic rate. Pine pollen would be good for athletes and other groups of people who benefit from something androgenic like that, but not for the average person in today's culture.

Speaking of pollen's effects, I do encounter very elevated libido when I can taste pollen in the air during spring. Nobody else can taste the pollen, or encounter a higher libido, so it's strange. But I would say the cost of not being able to concentrate on unromantic manners outweighs any benefits.

Is lowering estrogen the route you took? If so, how did it go?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals