Really low adrenals

tommyg130

Total t is less then 400 at 25
My DHEA and progesterone , and pregnenelone are also very bottom of the range. Why would my adrenals be so low? If I went on trt I would have to supp those as well and just go full hormone replacement. I eat well , get plenty of sunlight.
Tsh is 1.6 and t3, t4, reverse t3 all about middle of range.

What is the relationship w adrenals and Test? Could the low adrenals if addressed fix the testosterone. Could there be an underlying issue, that going on testosterone wouldn’t really fix at all? I’ve gotten brain and pituitary mris and an ultrasound of the abdomen. And it’s all good.

I had mercury toxicity in my teens from 13 poorly done fillings that are known to be huge endocrine disruptors. Not sure if any connection but worth noting. I’ve always had little joy with things, low drive , cold easily, so tired when I wake up. But Lately the irritability has been bad. Living inside my own head. For seemingly no reason. I’m depressed but I believe depression is the symptom not the cause. At this point Both are feeding off each other in a vicious cycle.

My DHEA and progesterone , and pregnenelone are also very bottom of the range. Why would my adrenals be so low? If I went on trt I would have to supp those as well and just go full hormone replacement. I eat well , get plenty of sunlight.

What is the relationship w adrenals and Test? Could the low adrenals if addressed fix the testosterone. Could there be an underlying issue, that going on testosterone wouldn’t really fix at all? I’ve gotten brain and pituitary mris and an ultrasound of the abdomen. And it’s all good.

I had mercury toxicity in my teens from 13 poorly done fillings that are known to be huge endocrine disruptors. Not sure if any connection but worth noting. I’ve always had little joy with things, low drive , cold easily, so tired when I wake up. But Lately the irritability has been bad. Living inside my own head. For seemingly no reason. I’m depressed but I believe depression is the symptom not the cause. At this point Both are feeding off each other in a vicious cycle.
I am sorry you are struggling tommyg130.
Did you get those 13 fillings out? What kinds of foods are you regularly eating? How old are you and is your weight in check?

OP
T

tommyg130

I am sorry you are struggling tommyg130.
Did you get those 13 fillings out? What kinds of foods are you regularly eating? How old are you and is your weight in check?
Yes had them removed. I eat lots of eggs and potatoes, raw milk and cream honey milk shakes. Ground meat and white rice bowls. Lots of fruit mixed in. I’m losing weight despite eating same calories. I’m 25 and physically look decent. But I haven’t been able to lift weights and I’m quite frail right now. I eat well over 3500 and if I don’t I’ll lose weight

Yes had them removed. I eat lots of eggs and potatoes, raw milk and cream honey milk shakes. Ground meat and white rice bowls. Lots of fruit mixed in. I’m losing weight despite eating same calories. I’m 25 and physically look decent. But I haven’t been able to lift weights and I’m quite frail right now. I eat well over 3500 and if I don’t I’ll lose weight
I had that same issue in my twenties, I was extremely underweight despite eating lots of cheeseburgers, mashed potatoes and gravy, croissants with butter and lemon curd and lots of milk. When I got pregnant with my first son at 28 is when my metabolism straightened out. Have you looked into Progest-E?

PeskyPeater

One simple and cheap way to improve pregnenolone prog and dhea that I like is to drink Rooibos tea.
If you pair it with peppermint or aspirin you reduce their breakdown and extend their function.
Coffee (or Decafé ) is rich in chlorogenic acid that is pro dopamine gives you a boost in mood while improving the mitochondrial energy and preventing damage from overexciting glutamate and improves the glutathione to eliminate heavy metals.
Together these can work as an effective antidepressant and relaxant