Suddenly everything tastes & smells like dental work?!

I'm.No.One

So I was asleep, minding my own business when a smell/taste hit me so hard it literally woke me up!

Like it jolted me out of a dream.

All morning the weird taste/smell has been coming/going.

Thought maybe heartburn but I don't have digestive issues/have never really had heartburn outside of pregnancy.

Drank some milk, didn't help.

The only way I can explain the taste/smell is like when they're drilling on a tooth.

Have been under a good uptick in stress piled on top of years of chronic stress.

What I take, in case it's related:

.5mg topical cypro at night

1- 325mg aspirin

Thorne Vit K

Magnesium g.

Taurine, 500mg.

I did just run out of my ancestral supplement bone & marrow for calcium, but that's been a few days now. Did make me consider heartburn maybe from the drop in calcium.

I had been taking 3-325mg aspirin (2 in am 1 in pm) but recently scaled back to just the one.

Thoughts? Ideas? Experience?

So I was asleep, minding my own business when a smell/taste hit me so hard it literally woke me up!

Like it jolted me out of a dream.

All morning the weird taste/smell has been coming/going.

Thought maybe heartburn but I don't have digestive issues/have never really had heartburn outside of pregnancy.

Drank some milk, didn't help.

The only way I can explain the taste/smell is like when they're drilling on a tooth.

Have been under a good uptick in stress piled on top of years of chronic stress.

What I take, in case it's related:

.5mg topical cypro at night

1- 325mg aspirin

Thorne Vit K

Magnesium g.

Taurine, 500mg.

I did just run out of my ancestral supplement bone & marrow for calcium, but that's been a few days now. Did make me consider heartburn maybe from the drop in calcium.

I had been taking 3-325mg aspirin (2 in am 1 in pm) but recently scaled back to just the one.

Thoughts? Ideas? Experience?
Are you taking the bone marrow calcium because you need iron? I wrote RP about bone marrow capsules I had bought a couple of weeks ago and he does not recommend it. I am wondering if because calcium supplements are not easily used by the body, if maybe your body is doing some kind of dumping and you are tasting all that free floating bone?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Are you taking the bone marrow calcium because you need iron? I wrote RP about bone marrow capsules I had bought a couple of weeks ago and he does not recommend it. I am wondering if because calcium supplements are not easily used by the body, if maybe your body is doing some kind of dumping and you are tasting all that free floating bone?
I'm taking them for the calcium & had great results in my stress reactions.

You'd think I'd had tasted it, if that was it, while I was taking 6 a day but who knows.

I'm taking them for the calcium & had great results in my stress reactions.

You'd think I'd had tasted it, if that was it, while I was taking 6 a day but who knows.
Sounds like a lot of supplements, and my typical experiences with them, they fill an immediate need and then become “too much of a good thing”.

PeskyPeater

could be you shifted away from glucose burning at night to protein burning, breaks down ammonia into urea, building up ammonia and sweating it out, leaving a metallic smell and taste in the mouth and sweat.

edit. how do you manage nocturnal stress?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

could be you shifted away from glucose burning at night to protein burning, breaks down ammonia into urea, building up ammonia and sweating it out, leaving a metallic smell and taste in the mouth and sweat.

edit. how do you manage nocturnal stress?
For sure wasn't a metallic taste, I've had that before.

As far as nocturnal stress I basically have no light in my room, sleep cool, 100% non toxic mattress, a grounding sheet, I typically eat carbs just before bed, head hits the pillow by 10, recently taurine which helps me not wake up starving. Oh & the .5mg of cypro.

I typically sleep through the night, at best wake up momentarily to switch positions or something like that.

Another thing is zinc deficiency
Actually I have too much zinc from oyster max, working on balancing that via eating copper rich foods. Side note: my body can no longer accept any sort of bivalves after using oyster max ?

PeskyPeater

thnx for your reaction. Ammonia can also taste like urine or I don't know. Well maybe taking littlebit of aspirin niacinamide and vitamin E before bed to reduce the release of stored PUFA can help too.

Funny, that bone supplement could contain hydroxyapatite which is actually similar as teeth as calcium with potassium magnesium zinc and chromium, maybe that get's releases somehow .edit. changes in your minerals in blood rich tissue in the mouth, I sometimes taste iron ish blood but nothing so extreme.

Last edited:

Rafe

Hey there Rinse: He doesn’t recommend bone meal calcium because it’s the bones that accumulate radioactive strontium, which is taken up in tissue like calcium if consumed.

Strontium exposure is from atmospheric radiation release from nuclear testing & reactor waste.

Hey there Rinse: He doesn’t recommend bone meal calcium because it’s the bones that accumulate radioactive strontium, which is taken up in tissue like calcium if consumed.

Strontium exposure is from atmospheric radiation release from nuclear testing & reactor waste.
I don’t know about “bone meal” calcium, but he doesn’t recommend “bone marrow” collagen powder. I bought some and asked him about it…

Rinse & rePeat:
“I bought this bone marrow collagen, and wondered if it is MORE beneficial than standard gelatin, do you know?”

RAY PEAT:
“Marrow contains little collagen, but lots of iron. Cartilage extract is good, but I don’t think it’s good to include marrow.”

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I can see why, the OP said “bone AND marrow”, so we both get to be right :)
Yeah it's a blend. I still don't think it was caused by that, also marrow is delicious & we're all already irradiated ?

Yeah it's a blend. I still don't think it was caused by that, also marrow is delicious & we're all already irradiated ?
I love roasted bone too!

Attachments

• 49F6078B-2283-437D-9DAB-E653BED871C1.jpeg
    49F6078B-2283-437D-9DAB-E653BED871C1.jpeg
    584.7 KB · Views: 13

PeskyPeater

Seems to me that the bone suppl is indeed the cause, as it is the only thing that is actually changed in your food pattern. I wonder what happens when you replace it with calcium carbonate?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Seems to me that the bone suppl is indeed the cause, as it is the only thing that is actually changed in your food pattern. I wonder what happens when you replace it with calcium carbonate?
By change you mean I ran out? I had been out for many days before the issue happened, it also didn't happen again. Just that one day.

I can try calcium carbonate, have a brand you like?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals