Ongoing loss of smell and taste after 3 months

pastanagueta

Hi all, this is my first post. I thought it would be about PCOS which has been my main health issue for decades, however I've decided to ask about something entirely different that's been affecting me for the past 3 months and it's not easy to live with it. It's the total loss of smell and taste I began to experience back in July, when I caught what apparently was "covid".

The sudden total loss of smell and taste began with about four to five weeks of ZERO smell/taste, a very strange experience to eat as nothing tasted of anything at all (or smelt of anything). Then very gradually I began to smell a little bit, and over the weeks the taste very slightly began to come back. Now at almost 3 and a half months I'd say I'm about 25 to 30% recovered, which means I barely smell or taste anything, but at the very least food kinda has a hint of taste and so I don't feel like I'm eating cardboard all the time.

Still very frustrating as I can't enjoy food anymore, and eating has become just a chore really. I've lost quite a bit of weight since flavor is not a motivation to eat. Also some things taste off, like greek yoghurt for example has suddenly started to taste disgusting, with a sort of metallic taste. Kinda depressing, as I was a food lover.

I've tried sniffing essential oils several times a day, I've been supplementing with 50mg of zinc + 3mg copper as I read zinc deficiency can be the cause; also taking other supplements such as D3, quercetin, NAC, ascorbic acid, etc etc. I'm currently learning how to make CDS (chlorine dioxide solution) as I've read about people who used it to recover smell and taste and I'm willing to try it.

As a side note I'll say it was my boyfriend who caught this thing, while on a one week holiday with his all vaxxed family of 7. So it was 7 jabbed people plus him unjabbed, staying in a rented house by the sea with 2 large bedrooms where they slept 4 people in each room, and in his bedroom his brother happened to have taken the shot just about a week prior, so it was recent.

My bf started to feel unwell just a few days after the holiday started, with fever and other symptoms that resembled a cold or flu, so when he told me on the phone I never thought about the spike protein to be honest. Back in July I still didn't know much about this anyway. He had to cut his holiday short and came back home on day 6, as fever wouldn't go away and he was feeling like ***t. We treated this as a flu, but after about a week he still wasn't feeling well and then the loss of smell and taste which wouldn't come back after a few days started to make us think maybe this was something else. I added zinc and quercetin to his treatment which had consisted mainly of very frequent and high doses of vitamin C plus NAC, and I began taking all of it, especially a lot of vitamin C.

It was 2 whole weeks till we felt well enough to go out again, but didn't really start to feel like we were fine till after around the 5th week. And the sense of smell and taste of course hadn't come back yet.

Whatever this was we believe it was passed on to him by his vaxxed family, after spending all day and night with them all the time. Ever since all this covid pantomime began back in March 2020 we never took any precautions, we disobeyed the lockdown rules and went out and about as we wished, never wore a face diaper, never social distanced or any other bull**** yet we never caught a thing. However a year and a half later, once the masses have been injected with this bioweapon, they start spreading it around causing people to fall ill with something that looks very much like the so called virus. Funny.

Any suggestions or solutions to the smell/taste problem will be very welcome. Thanks.

Hi all, this is my first post. I thought it would be about PCOS which has been my main health issue for decades, however I've decided to ask about something entirely different that's been affecting me for the past 3 months and it's not easy to live with it. It's the total loss of smell and taste I began to experience back in July, when I caught what apparently was "covid".

The sudden total loss of smell and taste began with about four to five weeks of ZERO smell/taste, a very strange experience to eat as nothing tasted of anything at all (or smelt of anything). Then very gradually I began to smell a little bit, and over the weeks the taste very slightly began to come back. Now at almost 3 and a half months I'd say I'm about 25 to 30% recovered, which means I barely smell or taste anything, but at the very least food kinda has a hint of taste and so I don't feel like I'm eating cardboard all the time.

Still very frustrating as I can't enjoy food anymore, and eating has become just a chore really. I've lost quite a bit of weight since flavor is not a motivation to eat. Also some things taste off, like greek yoghurt for example has suddenly started to taste disgusting, with a sort of metallic taste. Kinda depressing, as I was a food lover.

I've tried sniffing essential oils several times a day, I've been supplementing with 50mg of zinc + 3mg copper as I read zinc deficiency can be the cause; also taking other supplements such as D3, quercetin, NAC, ascorbic acid, etc etc. I'm currently learning how to make CDS (chlorine dioxide solution) as I've read about people who used it to recover smell and taste and I'm willing to try it.

As a side note I'll say it was my boyfriend who caught this thing, while on a one week holiday with his all vaxxed family of 7. So it was 7 jabbed people plus him unjabbed, staying in a rented house by the sea with 2 large bedrooms where they slept 4 people in each room, and in his bedroom his brother happened to have taken the shot just about a week prior, so it was recent.

My bf started to feel unwell just a few days after the holiday started, with fever and other symptoms that resembled a cold or flu, so when he told me on the phone I never thought about the spike protein to be honest. Back in July I still didn't know much about this anyway. He had to cut his holiday short and came back home on day 6, as fever wouldn't go away and he was feeling like ***t. We treated this as a flu, but after about a week he still wasn't feeling well and then the loss of smell and taste which wouldn't come back after a few days started to make us think maybe this was something else. I added zinc and quercetin to his treatment which had consisted mainly of very frequent and high doses of vitamin C plus NAC, and I began taking all of it, especially a lot of vitamin C.

It was 2 whole weeks till we felt well enough to go out again, but didn't really start to feel like we were fine till after around the 5th week. And the sense of smell and taste of course hadn't come back yet.

Whatever this was we believe it was passed on to him by his vaxxed family, after spending all day and night with them all the time. Ever since all this covid pantomime began back in March 2020 we never took any precautions, we disobeyed the lockdown rules and went out and about as we wished, never wore a face diaper, never social distanced or any other bull**** yet we never caught a thing. However a year and a half later, once the masses have been injected with this bioweapon, they start spreading it around causing people to fall ill with something that looks very much like the so called virus. Funny.

Any suggestions or solutions to the smell/taste problem will be very welcome. Thanks.

I am no expert, but it will be interesting to see what finally works bringing back your smell and taste Have you tried sleeping with something like Vick's or breathing in a tiger balm steam? I would also be curious how throwing an anti-histamine, like Claratin might dry up activity lurking in the moist mucous in your sinuses. Have you tried a salty saline solution sprayed into your nose? So many people get their smell and taste back that it seems that something is still active in your head. Did your boyfriend get his smell and taste back?

OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

I also tried drinking quinine for two weeks, no results.

Last edited:
OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

I am no expert, but it will be interesting to see what finally works bringing back your smell and taste Have you tried sleeping with something like Vick's or breathing in a tiger balm steam? I would also be curious how throwing an anti-histamine, like Claratin might dry up activity lurking in the moist mucous in your sinuses. Have you tried a salty saline solution sprayed into your nose? So many people get their smell and taste back that it seems that something is still active in your head. Did your boyfriend get his smell and taste back?
Yes I did try the Vicks thing early on, as well as using a neti pot with salt water a couple times a day. I haven’t tried taking an antihistamine though, I’ve got some loratadine which I used to take for hay fever in the past, I’ll give the loratadine a go, do you know how many mg should be taken? My boyfriend’s in the same situation, only he seems to have gotten back a bit more of the sense of taste than me, he says about 50%, but the smell loss is the same. He was one of those people with a super sharp sense of smell, he could smell something a mile away, it was even annoying at times. Now it’s all gone.

Yes I did try the Vicks thing early on, as well as using a neti pot with salt water a couple times a day. I haven’t tried taking an antihistamine though, I’ve got some loratadine which I used to take for hay fever in the past, I’ll give the loratadine a go, do you know how many mg should be taken? My boyfriend’s in the same situation, only he seems to have gotten back a bit more of the sense of taste than me, he says about 50%, but the smell loss is the same. He was one of those people with a super sharp sense of smell, he could smell something a mile away, it was even annoying at times. Now it’s all gone.

It isn't a permanent thing, just something lingering.

Perry Staltic

Don't know if it would work, but if I was in your shoes I'd nebulize hydrogen peroxide, mainly because I have a nebulizer

OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

Don't know if it would work, but if I was in your shoes I'd nebulize hydrogen peroxide, mainly because I have a nebulizer
I've considered doing this, as I've been wanting to buy a nebulizer for a while though haven't done so yet. Also food grade hydrogen peroxide's a bit difficult to find here in Spain, and I'm trying to source one that's not very expensive. Definitely will give it a try once I've got everything. I've read about adding some iodine to the mix as well.

Here's one to try to regain your sense of smell pastanagueta....

"One of your readers commented that taking MSM helped her hair growth. I bought the supplement and found, to my great surprise, that after six days of use (1 gram three times daily) my sense of smell returned. I have made no other change in my supplements, and I take no medication.

I lost my sense of smell 15 years ago after my doctor prescribed calcitonin nasal spray for low bone density. No physician was able to help me with my anosmia and I had been told to “live with it.” Stopping calcitonin made no difference. I couldn’t smell anything, not even citrus. Now I can!"

OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

Here's one to try to regain your sense of smell pastanagueta....

"One of your readers commented that taking MSM helped her hair growth. I bought the supplement and found, to my great surprise, that after six days of use (1 gram three times daily) my sense of smell returned. I have made no other change in my supplements, and I take no medication.

I lost my sense of smell 15 years ago after my doctor prescribed calcitonin nasal spray for low bone density. No physician was able to help me with my anosmia and I had been told to “live with it.” Stopping calcitonin made no difference. I couldn’t smell anything, not even citrus. Now I can!"

Amazing, thank you Rinse & rePeat.

Coincidentally I recently bought MSM as I'd been interested in it for a long time, to see if it made a difference with hair loss, and haven't started taking it yet. Now I'm even more interested to give it a try ASAP.

Amazing, thank you Rinse & rePeat.

Coincidentally I recently bought MSM as I'd been interested in it for a long time, to see if it made a difference with hair loss, and haven't started taking it yet. Now I'm even more interested to give it a try ASAP.

Let me know if it works!

OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

Thank you for this link Rinse & rePeat. Fortunately I'm pretty much fully recovered and can taste and smell normally almost everything. Only watermelon seems to be the one food I can't still taste the same as it used to, but it's gradually improving (it used to taste like ***t, literally... I've never eaten ***t but I imagine that must be what it tastes like). But I think I'll be able to enjoy it again soon.

Both taste and smell started to improve significantly after a few rounds of ivermectin. Also took CDS for a while and eventually forgot all about it because I was back to normal and so it wasn't a problem anymore for me.

Nfinkelstein

OP
pastanagueta

pastanagueta

Thank you Nfinkelstein.