Which supplement stopped my armpit stank?

I'm.No.One

So for the last 4+ years I was plagued by constant rank armpits.

For reference, I'm a female/36.

I mean after a shower I'd maybe get a few hours before I smelled just as bad.

In the beginning I had no doubt it was from jacked up cortisol levels.

But for the last few years I have basically no cortisol in my body during the day.

However a solid year of stress reduction, PM eating, breath work, 8+ hours of sleep, & all that good stuff did zero to reduce the funk so I'm not so sure the stink is entirely cortisol related.

It's really not my biggest health concern it's just that I realized the stink is gone!

I'm talking it's been two days since I showered, I have not applied deodorant, & I don't have any body odor what do ever ?

Here is what I'm taking:

Cypro from ideal labs, 2 drops a night. Have been using this for about 2 weeks now.

MB, 4 drops a day. Had only been using 2 but then came down with a bladder infection so upped the dose to 4 drops. Been at this dose for about a week.

(I know many will say MB & Cypro are counter intuitive, I'm okay with my decision based on what haidut has to say about the combo being beneficial)

Vit K blend from Thorne, 2 pills a day spread out(taken with the aspirin). About 2 weeks in.

Progest-E been taking this for many many months so don't suspect it is what helped.

Aspirin, 2-4 325mg pills daily. Had only been taking one in the evening (for a few months) until the bladder infection set in. So at a higher dose for about a week.

D-mannose between 1500-2000 mg daily for said bladder infection. Been about 5 days with this & had planned to lower the dose for a few more days before dropping it.

Carrot salad for about a week, my gut doesn't like it though. Lots of burping/farting from it.

I'm kinda thinking the smell was actually from serotonin as I've read that people typically get horrendous body odor when they take SSRIs (I absolutely do not/never have taken SSRIs).

Perhaps I've been taking the cypro long enough it repressed it? Maybe in conjunction with the aspirin?

Maybe the MB is killing a bacterial infection?

I guess I just feel like if I figure out what made the stink go away I might be on the right track & would want to follow that path.

I also would be able to cut back/out on some things like the d-mannose / less aspirin etc.

Ideas?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Have no idea why copying/pasting this made the spaces between paragraphs so dramatic ?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It's aspirin for me but perhaps progesterone. These are the common substances with you. Stank alternates perhaps with whether I take these or not. One time when I was sick and taking aspirin and progesterone, I didn't shower in 2 weeks and the stank was not there. I had a suspicion it was vitamin D, but now after your message I am thinking aspirin or progesterone.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

It's aspirin for me but perhaps progesterone. These are the common substances with you. Stank alternates perhaps with whether I take these or not. One time when I was sick and taking aspirin and progesterone, I didn't shower in 2 weeks and the stank was not there. I had a suspicion it was vitamin D, but now after your message I am thinking aspirin or progesterone.
Super interesting!

Doing some reading one common side effect of people who take SSRIs (i.e. high serotonin) is horrible body odor.

We know that aspirin reduces serotonin levels so it very well could be the larger dose I was taking.

Especially if the cypro/carrot salad also reduce serotonin.

I

i_nomad

I took Rinse&RePeat’s advice and started applying Milk of Magnesia (it’s magnesium and water) to mine and it works marvelously. Haven’t had a problem yet.

Inaut

Are you still using soap? I wash daily but avoid soap and my pits don’t smell bad these days. I don’t even wear deodorant anymore... i think soap and arm pit hair are the biggest culprits until the body normalizes.

I

i_nomad

Are you still using soap? I wash daily but avoid soap and my pits don’t smell bad these days. I don’t even wear deodorant anymore... i think soap and arm pit hair are the biggest culprits until the body normalizes.
Same. No soap at all. Just the milk of magnesia. Added benefit… more magnesium!

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

This for sure isn't an external issue.

But yeah I'm still using soap & don't stink.

I also never use oil based deodorants (oil+water = bacterial growth)

Basically I've changed nothing except the increase/introductions of the supplements listed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals