1.5ish years of PM eating & now I'm seemingly pre-diabetic...

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

So here's what's perplexing me:

My temps waking/after eating are the best they've ever been. I'm not taking thyroid.

(98.1ish waking 98.6+ish after eating, sometimes spiking to 99.3 in the early evening.)

Yet, I feel like **** & my blood sugar drops no matter the combination of what I'm eating/what ratios I try.

So, I'm kinda wondering if my temps aren't an indicator of happy thyroid but maybe inflammation?

Or...

Did my metabolism come back on line & kick my pancreas into overdrive producing too much insulin?

I do seem to gradually be losing weight, about 4lbs over the last few months. But... it's also spring time on a farm & some days are rather labor intensive like when the fu(king cows find a weak spot in the fence or I've got a planting deadline kinda deal.

Another thing I'm curious about:

Glycine seems to lower my fasting blood sugar, it was 100 this morning (versus in the 110-15ish areas) now I'm trying to figure if this is a.) because it's helping my liver or b.) is it lowering stress & by proxy my blood sugar?

I also came across a few studies that show people who where we're crazy underweight (I was 5'4/ 95-98lbs now at 132ish) and then recover have a huge chance of developing type 2 diabetes with almost any extra weight on their body. So, that'd be my luck.

I'm absolutely just thinking out loud here.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I don't know how things turned out for him but a former forum person (Cirion I think he went by) ate a lot and gained a lot of weight and he always had high waking temperatures. He was very frustrated by the weight. My fasting blood sugar went up when I ate a bunch of honey every afternoon. Maybe cut out the honey and maple syrup and see how you do.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Could you be having high stress hormones that are elevating your body temperature?
How is your pulse?
It's possible although dealing with stress has been my main focus for the last few years & I've come along way (went from flipped cortisol levels to perfect as of a few weeks ago.

My morning pulse is typically between 70-73 then I'm in the mid/high 80s during the day higher if I'm ya know, chasing cows lol

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I don't know how things turned out for him but a former forum person (Cirion I think he went by) ate a lot and gained a lot of weight and he always had high waking temperatures. He was very frustrated by the weight. My fasting blood sugar went up when I ate a bunch of honey every afternoon. Maybe cut out the honey and maple syrup and see how you do.
I'll give it a go.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Just gana share this insanity:

Decided I wanted to go see an endocrinologist just to rule more serious issues out, like pancreatic tumor which would cause sudden changes & is strongly associated with reactive hypoglycemia.

Need a Dr referral to see them.

Call the two doctor offices in my town:

1st one can't see me until the 27th of July (so like 2 months from now) and it will only be a patient establishing visit. No medical treatment/referrals will be given at that time...

2nd one... They're not likely willing to see me, according to the receptionist because wait for it...I don't already have a doctor. I'm gana say that again, I likely won't be seen by a doctor because I don't already have a doctor...

????????

This is why people have to figure this ***t out for themselves.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Glycine seems to lower my fasting blood sugar, it was 100 this morning (versus in the 110-15ish areas) now I'm trying to figure if this is a.) because it's helping my liver or b.) is it lowering stress & by proxy my blood sugar?

Glycine and the other aminos in gelatin, are very anti-inflammatory. they don't do the same, either; which is why Ray suggests gelatin, and not just glycine or proline - it's also why he suggests making them a minimum of 30% of total protein intake (if not 50%).

Just gana share this insanity:

Decided I wanted to go see an endocrinologist just to rule more serious issues out, like pancreatic tumor which would cause sudden changes & is strongly associated with reactive hypoglycemia.

consider paying for a consult with Danny or Jay Feldman.

B

BRBsavinWorld

@I'm.No.One What if you're hyperthyroid? Ray used thyroid to get out of hyperthyroidism... trying low doses of Natural Desiccated Thyroid can't hurt - when taken wisely with carb and calorie, it's not just an energy increaser, but an energy regulator - a little around dinnertime helps me sleep if I've had a particularly stressful day.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

@I'm.No.One What if you're hyperthyroid? Ray used thyroid to get out of hyperthyroidism... trying low doses of Natural Desiccated Thyroid can't hurt - when taken wisely with carb and calorie, it's not just an energy increaser, but an energy regulator - a little around dinnertime helps me sleep if I've had a particularly stressful day.
I have some NDT, honestly I've never felt anything from any form of thyroid.

Actually I take that back, one time Cynoplus, made me feel uncomfortably sedated. Not calm, more like someone slipped something into my drink & it was a pretty small amount.

I would say I'm a fast paced person, stopping is hard, not sure if that correlates with hyperthyroidism but for some reason my brain says it does.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Glycine and the other aminos in gelatin, are very anti-inflammatory. they don't do the same, either; which is why Ray suggests gelatin, and not just glycine or proline - it's also why he suggests making them a minimum of 30% of total protein intake (if not 50%).
Yeah I was gana make a bunch of gummy squares today, I also add it to my oj & such often.
consider paying for a consult with Danny or Jay Feldman.
I'll give that a look see.

Peatful

Your body is working for you not against you.

Haven't I tried to “help” you before?

Consider it good luck an MD wont see you.

Listen.

Overall: You are doing fine.
Why “devastated”?
Why micro analysis on every lab value?
That in itself is a huge stress and mental burden.

-Eat macros 40/30/30.
-Don’t get stuck in pseudo recovery
-Working outside in the sun? Make sure you have adequate nutrition.
-Again, eat balanced macros. Super super important as you heal
-Of course make sure you are digesting these foods well
-Go for solid nutrition vs liquid
-Rest
-Ease up on the “navel gazing” I call it.
(Noun: self-indulgent or excessive contemplation of oneself or a single issue, at the expense of a wider view)
-Probably not a bad idea to get off the forum for a week or three.

Best to you!
Healing ain’t fun some times is it....

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Your body is working for you not against you.

Haven't I tried to “help” you before?

Consider it good luck an MD wont see you.

Listen.

Overall: You are doing fine.
Why “devastated”?
Why micro analysis on every lab value?
That in itself is a huge stress and mental burden.

-Eat macros 40/30/30.
-Don’t get stuck in pseudo recovery
-Working outside in the sun? Make sure you have adequate nutrition.
-Again, eat balanced macros. Super super important as you heal
-Of course make sure you are digesting these foods well
-Go for solid nutrition vs liquid
-Rest
-Ease up on the “navel gazing” I call it.
(Noun: self-indulgent or excessive contemplation of oneself or a single issue, at the expense of a wider view)
-Probably not a bad idea to get off the forum for a week or three.

Best to you!
Healing ain’t fun some times is it....
I don't think we've had a lot of conversations but it's kinda odd to be like "haven't I tried to help you before?"

Like that's the end all be all to me trying to solve issues?

So in your speculation I'm having dangerous low blood sugar episodes after I eat because I'm looking at this forum?

Because I'm obsessed with myself?

This is a real issue that is absolutely devastating, tracking my blood sugar is how I'm not having super dangerous crashes.

Would you tell a diabetic not to care about their blood sugar levels?

Lastly, how would you feel if everything you ate suddenly dropped your blood sugar & you passed out?

You'd probably have some concern & if not I am honestly concerned for you.

Take care.

Peatful

I don't think we've had a lot of conversations but it's kinda odd to be like "haven't I tried to help you before?"

Like that's the end all be all to me trying to solve issues?

So in your speculation I'm having dangerous low blood sugar episodes after I eat because I'm looking at this forum?

Because I'm obsessed with myself?

This is a real issue that is absolutely devastating, tracking my blood sugar is how I'm not having super dangerous crashes.

Would you tell a diabetic not to care about their blood sugar levels?

Lastly, how would you feel if everything you ate suddenly dropped your blood sugar & you passed out?

You'd probably have some concern & if not I am honestly concerned for you.

Take care.
I didn’t want to repeat myself; be redundant.

It was an honest question because I don’t have much time to go back through your thread regarding med hx; so I was going off memory and didn’t want to be presumptive.

Im trying to encourage you.
A different perspective.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I didn’t want to repeat myself; be redundant.

It was an honest question because I don’t have much time to go back through your thread regarding med hx; so I was going off memory and didn’t want to be presumptive.

Im trying to encourage you.
A different perspective.
Apologies it kinda just came though a bit differently than you may have intended.

That happens with text sometimes.

Anyhow it's not that I don't see what you're saying or that I don't agree even.

It's just that this hit me out of the blue after I had made huge strides in my health.

Not tracking my levels at this point seems dangerous, twice they dropped to "Lo" on the meter which indicates under 30.

That's a literal medical emergency & I live remotely (hour from a shitty rural hospital) so the risk is a little more elevated.

I totally get that healing isn't linear, this swing is just much more drastic than a few steps back.

I booked a consultation with Danny Roddy for some in-depth help on the situation.

Peatful

Apologies it kinda just came though a bit differently than you may have intended.

That happens with text sometimes.

Anyhow it's not that I don't see what you're saying or that I don't agree even.

It's just that this hit me out of the blue after I had made huge strides in my health.

Not tracking my levels at this point seems dangerous, twice they dropped to "Lo" on the meter which indicates under 30.

That's a literal medical emergency & I live remotely (hour from a shitty rural hospital) so the risk is a little more elevated.

I totally get that healing isn't linear, this swing is just much more drastic than a few steps back.

I booked a consultation with Danny Roddy for some in-depth help on the situation.
No worries.

Make sure you’re not adding to your stress.

Be encouraged.
Your temps are good.
You’re slowly losing 4 pounds.
Your cortisol is in rhythm.

Rest. Give yourself a break.
Help - not only your body - but your mind.

I like Danny.

Best.

Ledo

Carry around some serious sugar tablets and don't let this turn into permanent or long term damage. Peat is missing many teeth and says he has never checked his blood sugar levels. So there is that.

You are right to eye up pushy forum self proclaimed experts.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

maybe your potassium levels are too high? i think that affects insulin.
That's actually quite possible, probably way too much OJ.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Carry around some serious sugar tablets and don't let this turn into permanent or long term damage. Peat is missing many teeth and says he has never checked his blood sugar levels. So there is that.

You are right to eye up pushy forum self proclaimed experts.
That's a good idea, I'll see if I can find those tablets online.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I have a copy of Hope for Hypoglycemia by Broda Barnes and Charlotte Barnes that makes the case for it to be caused by hypothyroidism. You are the right age for your hormones to be changing and for hypothyroidism to show up. I know you said NDT didn’t seem to work but maybe another type would help. I don’t have any experience with it but there is plenty of discussion on the forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals