1.5ish years of PM eating & now I'm seemingly pre-diabetic...

freyasam

Did you start thyroid? Might be your missing piece.
edit - also do you drink coffee? don't know if you mentioned it but it seems to have helped me with similar things

Last edited:
OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Did you start thyroid? Might be your missing piece.
edit - also do you drink coffee? don't know if you mentioned it but it seems to have helped me with similar things
Old thread, I made a new one for reactive hypoglycemia.

But no thyroid, no matter the type I've tried, no matter how hard I work to lower ffa, just doesn't work well for me.

Caffeine is dangerous for those who already have low blood sugar issues since it lowers our levels.

Right now I think what's actually going on is I have mast cell activation syndrome which makes my blood sugar drop whenever I eat something that triggers histamines.

RealNeat

Yes I I was going to say possible histamine issues after seeing the amount of cheese you eat especially if it's not real rennet cheese. (Too much histamine plus the added irritation from bad enzymes?) I'm assuming of course.

I read the whole thread as I've had some similar symptoms on and off but it usually aligns with when I have too much resistant starch or fiber in general so a tad different.

K2 and cypro are what I took the day I had my latest "episode", kind of like what you describe.

Many reactions reported on the forum from Thorne K2, racing heart etc..

Also it seems you had some improvement from glycine and b vitamins (pollen), talking about b1 as a possibility also. It could be that you have a MTHFR mutation, which is very common. If you aren't emphasizing folate in the diet, which I didn't see a ton of (unless your OJ is fresh squeezed) then I'd look up Chris masterjohns articles on MTHFR.

Essentially:
Glycine
B2
Conezymated Folate besides folic acid

Last edited:
OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Yes I I was going to say possible histamine issues after seeing the amount of cheese you eat especially if it's not real rennet cheese. (Too much histamine plus the added irritation from bad enzymes?) I'm assuming of course.
We only eat raw/real rennet cheese thankfully.
I read the whole thread as I've had some similar symptoms on and off but it usually aligns with when I have too much resistant starch or fiber in general so a tad different.

K2 and cypro are what I took the day I had my latest "episode", kind of like what you describe.
Yeah cypro is a major trigger for me now unfortunately. I never had any issues with the vit K when I was taking it but I may have without knowing it.

Also it seems you had some improvement from glycine and b vitamins (pollen), talking about b1 as a possibility also. It could be that you have a MTHFR mutation, which is very common. If you aren't emphasizing folate in the diet, which I didn't see a ton of (unless your OJ is fresh squeezed) then I'd look up Chris masterjohns articles on MTHFR.
The first few really bad days I actually thought the pollen/ propolis/ Royal jelly blend may have been the cause. I haven't touched it since.

Isolated thiamine really does me harm, no matter how small of an amount I take. I still think this is a factor though unfortunately especially with how B's & histamines are linked.

I do have 1 MTHFR mutation, however I do eat a fair amount of eggs (our own, forest/pastured).
Essentially:
Glycine
B2
Conezymated Folate besides folic acid
At this point after a super simple milk type diet (see my most recent thread about that) I seem to have uncovered some serious histamine issues.

A dried *****ng fig about killed me today. Could barely breathe, last week I could eat them no issues.

I think it's all linked to low copper/low B's/stress & needing to do some work on the MTHFR issue preventing histamine detox.

freyasam

How do people take regular aspirin without K2? Topical K2 at higher doses?

RealNeat

How do people take regular aspirin without K2? Topical K2 at higher doses?
Vitamin K1 which is not cardio active but it could just be the Thorne product or low vitamin D or a reaction to the MCT.

I'm getting my D checked before I do any more supp K2.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Wikipedia cites research papers you can easily read. Contrarian ******.
What's hilarious here is you tried to use whatever big word came to mind such as contrarian to insult me...

How dare I take an opposing view or what?

Also, if you're going to call me a bad word be fuc*ing smart enough to get around the forums automatic censor bro.

LizRey86

Why are people hung up on this? I'm not over here chugging maple syrup...

I drink a stupid amount of OJ.

I also simply use maple syrup on/in things sometime.

Yeesh.
I definitely developed hypoglycemia after reintroducing carbs, I realized that histamine “intolerance “ had a lot to do with it and avoiding those foods and reducing supplements has been helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals