Talk to me about removing excess manganese from body!

I'm.No.One

So I wana hear all the things about removing excess manganese from the body.

I know iron/calcium are important here & I'll be utilizing those but tell me more!

By more I mean deep dive into other things that can be done.

To cover some bases:

Husband (36) seems to have poisoned himself with vape pen cartridges that release manganese from the coil. Off the chart levels in his hair test.

Pretty sure he's suffering from early stage manganese madness.

Functional MD doesn't seem to be concerned about it & her advice was "just stop using them & your levels will drop."

But I am & know these heavy metals won't just magically go away.

In the last year he has become unbearable to be around as he just kind of quietly rages about everything and everything overwhelms him in the slightest.

It's in all honesty to the point that if I can't find a real way to help him I can't continue & we've been together for almost 16 years, sorry if you're reading this hun but it is what it is.

So ideas on how to rapidly remove these heavy metals?

Ideas on how to recover from the damage they've done? Is it even possible?

He has agreed/has as of yesterday stopped using those cartridge things.

That's a small kinda win but he just replaced them with a sh!t ton of real weed. Growers tend to foiler feed manganese due to it making denser flowers, so I'm guessing exposure is still happening to an extent.

Primary symptoms are:

Edgy / Moody / Anger / professional passive aggressive, this man can quietly kill you with one softly spoken sentence.

Exhaustion / cognitive impairment / easily overwhelmed / loss of executive function / zero concentration / extreme apathy.

Just to say I know not everything can be blamed on the manganese, there are for sure other factors of his health/personal behavior accountability, but I think this is a good place to start as a lot of these have deeply showed up in the last year.

Perry Staltic

I know iron/calcium are important here & I'll be utilizing those but tell me more!

To cover some bases:

Husband (36) seems to have poisoned himself with vape pen cartridges that release manganese from the coil. Off the chart levels in his hair test.

Functional MD doesn't seem to be concerned about it & her advice was "just stop using them & your levels will drop."

In the last year he has become unbearable to be around as he just kind of quietly rages about everything and everything overwhelms him in the slightest.

It's in all honesty to the point that if I can't find a real way to help him I can't continue & we've been together for almost 16 years, sorry if you're reading this hun but it is what it is.

That's a small kinda win but he just replaced them with a sh!t ton of real weed. Growers tend to foiler feed manganese due to it making denser flowers, so I'm guessing exposure is still happening to an extent.

Primary symptoms are:

Edgy / Moody / Anger / professional passive aggressive, this man can quietly kill you with one softly spoken sentence.

Exhaustion / cognitive impairment / easily overwhelmed / loss of executive function / zero concentration / extreme apathy.

Just to say I know not everything can be blamed on the manganese, there are for sure other factors of his health/personal behavior accountability, but I think this is a good place to start as a lot of these have deeply showed up in the last year.

I once did a chelation regimen based on cilantro and chlorella. I was going after mercury.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

I believe I read while studying Mark Purdey's work that he speculated about a possible treatment for manganese poisoning. He's dead, but he worked with Dr David Brown at Cambridge, who verified his hypothesis. Perhaps you could contact him to see if he has any ideas. This is his company, I think

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I once did a chelation regimen based on cilantro and chlorella. I was going after mercury.

With cilantros ability to absorb heavy metals so well from the soil (and our bodies) were you able to find any that came with a COA?

I buy herbs in bulk as part of my business & have to have COAs for compliance reasons but have never been able to find cilantro with a COA available ?

I'll do some reading on the chlorella to see if it can grab manganese too.

redsun

To cover some bases:

Primary symptoms are:

The MD is actually correct on this. The body excretes excess manganese through the bile into the feces. So promoting bile production may help speed up the process. I know being around someone for so long, it is hard to imagine them suddenly changing and you are desperate for a quicker response but levels should be expected to go down on their own through this mechanism.

For reference we are only supposed to have about 10-20mg of manganese in our body. The issue is if the weed he uses still exposes him to too much manganese, he will not get rid of manganese anyway. But lets be optimistic.

The main reason for many of these symptoms he has is excess glutamate in glutamatergic synapses because manganese excess in the brain strongly downregulates one of the glutamate transporters (EAAT2 specificially, which makes up 90% of all EAATs in the brain). So what you have is glutamate accumulating in the synapse majorly contributing to these symptoms, creating a personality and symptoms associated with excess glutamate.

So knowing this, reducing glutamate activity may help reduce his symptoms more immediately while manganese slowly excretes from his system. Zinc, magnesium, P5P (cofactor that makes GABA from glutamate) should all help so I suggest you try these. I know he eats a lot of red meat so try just magnesium and P5P.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

The MD is actually correct on this. The body excretes excess manganese through the bile into the feces. So promoting bile production may help speed up the process. I know being around someone for so long, it is hard to imagine them suddenly changing and you are desperate for a quicker response but levels should be expected to go down on their own through this mechanism.

For reference we are only supposed to have about 10-20mg of manganese in our body. The issue is if the weed he uses still exposes him to too much manganese, he will not get rid of manganese anyway. But lets be optimistic.

The main reason for many of these symptoms he has is excess glutamate in glutamatergic synapses because manganese excess in the brain strongly downregulates one of the glutamate transporters (EAAT2 specificially, which makes up 90% of all EAATs in the brain). So what you have is glutamate accumulating in the synapse majorly contributing to these symptoms, creating a personality and symptoms associated with excess glutamate.

So knowing this, reducing glutamate activity may help reduce his symptoms more immediately while manganese slowly excretes from his system. Zinc, magnesium, P5P (cofactor that makes GABA from glutamate) should all help so I suggest you try these. I know he eats a lot of red meat so try just magnesium and P5P.
Thank you for this. I knew she was right to an extent, I suppose it was just her "it's no big deal & not likely contributing to his issues" attitude frustrated me.

I'll slowly work on him quitting smoking weed all together, at least frame it like "let's just see what I feels like after a month" ya know?

Maybe that way it doesn't seem so permanent & byproxy less scary.

Perry Staltic

With cilantros ability to absorb heavy metals so well from the soil (and our bodies) were you able to find any that came with a COA?

I buy herbs in bulk as part of my business & have to have COAs for compliance reasons but have never been able to find cilantro with a COA available ?

I'll do some reading on the chlorella to see if it can grab manganese too.

I didn't know anything about that to even know to look for that

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Question: will P5P still be effective if he has double MTHFR mutations? Just popped into my head so figured I'd ask.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I didn't know anything about that to even know to look for that
Yeah cilantro is like crazy at being able to take heavy metals from soil which is why it's like one of the dirty dozen for heavy metal contamination.

redsun

Question: will P5P still be effective if he has double MTHFR mutations? Just popped into my head so figured I'd ask.
P5P is cleaved in the intestines and absorbed as pyridoxal. The body than activates it again as needed to P5P. This does deal with methylation enzymes at all so its not an issue.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

P5P is cleaved in the intestines and absorbed as pyridoxal. The body than activates it again as needed to P5P. This does deal with methylation enzymes at all so its not an issue.
Thank you!

magnesiumania

I accumulated what i believe was toxic manganese a couple of years ago. Vitamin B1/thiamine mitigate its toxicity. Glyphosate will chelate it but you dont want that in your body lol........

dogtrainer

Taurine will increase bile acid pool size, as well as help with gallbladder motility. It’s an extremely helpful amino acid.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Taurine will increase bile acid pool size, as well as help with gallbladder motility. It’s an extremely helpful amino acid.
I actually have some taurine on hand so that's easy enough.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I accumulated what i believe was toxic manganese a couple of years ago. Vitamin B1/thiamine mitigate its toxicity. Glyphosate will chelate it but you dont want that in your body lol........
How do you think you accumulated it? Did the symptoms go away and if so how long did it take and what did you do to speed up the process?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Any updates? Curious if the problem really was manganese
Yep it absolutely was.

He's doing much better now, what finally brought him fully back to himself was boron.

I know Ray offhandedly said it should only be obtained through eating vegetables, but manganese deeply depletes boron & there's not much boron in the soil around us.

The trace mineral boron drops is what we used.

I mean he also stopped using the carts, we worked on his vitamin B's, & remineralization in general.

I honestly would have left him if he didn't recover from it, which I don't say lightly as we've been together 16 years. It was that bad of a personality change.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals