Sporadic burning upper ear after coming off of benzos?

I'm.No.One

So to make a long horrible story short:

1.) Was prescribed high dose Klonopin for a decade for severe night terrors via C-PTSD.

2.) One day, all in my own accord, I decided to beginning SLOWLY tapering off (thankfully I never took the full amount they prescribed so like a squirrel I had years worth stocked up to wean off with.)

3.) It took me TWO YEARS via liquid titration and I barely survived it. There were weeks I couldn't walk, swallow, use my hands, internal psychosis, and the type of invasive thoughts that make a majority of benzo withdrawal users commit suicide.

4.) One out of literally hundreds of weird withdrawal symptoms over the years that is still with me and is excruciatingly painful is my right upper ear becomes red hot and burns as if I had a serious sunburn. The picture I shared is just of a mild flare up I'm having today the first time in many months but sometimes it's so red it goes into my face right near the ear.

Today was particularly stressful as I had to walk through a generational home in our family that was taken from us by the state for ONE YEAR of back taxes & we didn't get notice "due to staffing shortages" until it was sold in auction (my dad's suing on behalf of my grandfather kinda stress)

Anyhow, I came through the withdrawal psychologically stronger in many ways, took myself off of disability, built a very successful company, dragged myself and my children out of generational poverty.

But this damn ear.

I'm guessing it's nervous system related but I'd like to know what area beyond the vagus nerve because I believe that attaches lower in the ear correct?

This is all upper ear, like right now it feels like someone is actively burning me. Ice cold gel packs do help some.

I've read about the red ear syndrome but that hits both sides. It's just the one side (right) for me.

(Also, just to cover my bases, it's not from my ears being gauged. I've had them since I was 13 & this came on during benzo withdrawal. I wear glass, never plastics/resisn.)

Just curious about potential why's as I feel like it is clearly pointing to continuing damage from the decade of flooding my brain with a zombie amount of GABA.

Ideas?
PXL_20220513_014043669.jpg