Zinc carnosine causing fatigue

June

Hello! Can anyone help me understand why Zinc Carnosine makes me SO tired? The “I can’t keep my brain/eyes turned on. im getting anxious” type of tired. My mother is also taking this but she does not experience fatigue. My body has been through the wringer. I had major blood loss (lady issues) for several years and the treatments used to try to stop this bleeding have destroyed my liver/gut. My body has been ravage by Candida/SIBO ever since i went through benzo withdrawals 8 years ago. I never healed and then subsequent treatments for this bleeding made gut worse. So i stumbled upon what made my bleeding stop. Apple cider vinegar (anything acidic) and Allimax. Anything I consume that is too alkalizing for my stomach/gut causes me to bleed like a faucet. That tells me I have very very low stomach acids or my liver/gallbladder is not working properly. Without this acid, whatever sinister bacteria I have in my gut cannot be kept in check. I also don’t poop often. Problem with trying to fix this is that dealing with malabsorption, my stomach lining is very weak and anything acidic irritates it. Fast forward to yesterday trying zinc carnosine, it made me so fatigued I was on the verge of a panic attack. However i had the first ever sleep without using melatonin (Even this was ineffective) or anything ! U cannot imagine the long-term insomnia benzo withdrawals cause. I slept but woke up groggy with a stuffy head. So what is happening? Can my liver not process the extra zinc? Am I too low in all other vitamins/minerals? Would the loss of all the blood cause zinc to have a profound effect on iron? I cant heal my gut without first healing the lining. I'm also taking a multi-vitamin and alternating with a trace mineral supplement to hopefully keep the zinc/copper ratio in balance. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Charger

I can speak to Carnosine causing fatigue because it inhibits DBH which means less dopamine converting to noradrenaline & adrenaline. If I remember correctly, it also lowers histamine which could contribute to fatigue as well.

The first time I took it, it made me feel calm and lifted my mood, then turned into heavy fatigue and lack of motivation. It pretty much killed "go-getter" mode for me for awhile and I only used it a few times.

Zinc might cause fatigue due to lowering copper.

OP
J

June

I can speak to Carnosine causing fatigue because it inhibits DBH which means less dopamine converting to noradrenaline & adrenaline. If I remember correctly, it also lowers histamine which could contribute to fatigue as well.

The first time I took it, it made me feel calm and lifted my mood, then turned into heavy fatigue and lack of motivation. It pretty much killed "go-getter" mode for me for awhile and I only used it a few times.

Zinc might cause fatigue due to lowering copper.
Thanks for the quick reply! Were you able to use it again? Initially I wanted to try L-glutatmine but due to my histamine issues and possibly raised glutamate levels from Benzo withdrawals, the option is out the window. I wonder if the addition of copper would prevent this side effect, but at the same time I worry about taking isolated vitamins/minerals. Will eventually try TUDCA for liver.

Charger

I haven't tried using it again and probably won't. I'm seemingly very dependent on noradrenaline, for mental sharpness, motivation, learning, libido, etc. Really can't afford to feel lazy at work.

OP
J

June

Sorry you couldn't reap the benefits from it. The loss of sleep for me alone creates demotivation. 2-3 hours of sleep nightly for 8 years was killing me. Now I'm getting sleep with this zinc but wake up with the grogginess. I wonder if lowering to one pill in the evening rather than the 2 pills that is instructed on bottle will help ease this.

Charger

My sleep is far from optimal as well, but any option that results in spillover grogginess into the next day isn't a solution for me.

Niacin, for example, knocks me out and keeps me out, puts me into deep sleep, but it definitely has serotonergic effects. I might experiment with very, very low doses of this, as 125mg was the smallest I went.

Even glycine which is considered "Peaty" isn't an ideal solution for me.

It really seems like everything that improves sleep effectively has serotonergic effects or lowers dopamine in some way.

OP
J

June

My sleep is far from optimal as well, but any option that results in spillover grogginess into the next day isn't a solution for me.

Niacin, for example, knocks me out and keeps me out, puts me into deep sleep, but it definitely has serotonergic effects. I might experiment with very, very low doses of this, as 125mg was the smallest I went.

Even glycine which is considered "Peaty" isn't an ideal solution for me.

It really seems like everything that improves sleep effectively has serotonergic effects or lowers dopamine in some way.
I'd like to know what you come across in the future that is effective. I also came off 10 years of SSRI's so I'm sure my serotonergic system is all screwed up.

moa

i also seem to have low stomach acid, probably caused by low histamine because of the zinc carnosine ?

moa

i was taking zinc carnosine this past 6 weeks to heal gastritis.

i also experience the low energy and fatigue, but it might also be due to my tooth infection i discovered when my tooth broke.

i don't think it's linked to zinc cause i know how it feels, copper deficiency also feels very low dopamine, not only fatigue, and i feel my dopamine is average low, not very low asi felt when i took too much zinc picolinate in June.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals