Zinc Neutralizes PUFAs (polyunsaturated Fats) In Vivo, Is Necessary For Weight Loss And Liver Lipid

LucH

Pufa's are not essential fatty acids except when B6 is absent. But in the absence of w3 and w6 the organism uses w9 (oleic acid) to make mead acid.

« Lorsqu’un organisme est « carencé » en oméga 6 et 3, cet organisme produit lui-même un acide gras polyinsaturé, au départ d’un oméga 9, appelé en anglais « mead acid ». Ce mead acid, du nom de la personne qui la découvert, ou acide eicosatrienoique, constitue une molécule nettement plus stable que l’acide arachidonique, ne s’oxyde pas, et ne produit pas de réponse inflammatoire avec la même amplitude et durable que celle résultant de l’acide arachidonique.
Underneath the metabolic pathway for ALA (omega-3), with nutrients needed ...
enzyms nutrients for D5D and  D6D with w3.png

I don't know if that corresponds to "zinc neutralizes PUFA" to be honest.

LucH

I don't know if that corresponds to "zinc neutralizes PUFA" to be honest.
I wouldn't express it so but the result is yes. Indirectly, most of the time, according to these sources.
But I prefer saying it would be beneficial to replenish and to avoid insufficiency (references 3 - 4 - 5). I would take Twice 15 mg as a cure. 30 mg if leaky gut. Personal advice. ;)
Mind copper if you take zinc supplement (antagonist). No iron, copper or manganese in supplement (oxidative stress reaction => Fenton reaction).

Role of zinc on lipid peroxidation and antioxidative enzymes
1. Does zinc play a role in protection of lipid membranes?

Zinc intimately affects many aspects of lipid metabolism through established enzymes but also has modulatory effects whose mechanism is not obvious or established…

2. Zinc could play an important role as an antioxidant
Zinc could play an important role as an antioxidant in biological systems, replacing iron and other metals with pro-oxidant activity from binding sites and interacting with other components of the oxidant defence system.

3. malondialdehyde decreased with Zinc supplement
Results indicated that malondialdehyde (MDA) content and protein carbonyls (PC) in serum were the highest in fish fed diet containing 15.3 mg zinc kg−1 diet (P < 0.05). The present results indicated that zinc decreased lipid peroxidation and protein oxidation and improved antioxidant defense in fish.

4. Zinc decreases C-reactive protein, lipid peroxidation, and inflammatory cytokines
Zinc decreases C-reactive protein, lipid peroxidation, and inflammatory cytokines in elderly subjects: a potential implication of zinc as an atheroprotective agent.

5. Dietary zinc deficiency can cause increased lipid peroxidation
Dietary zinc deficiency can cause increased lipid peroxidation while zinc supplementation inhibited this process.
Feeding ZD rats a diet containing 100 ppm or 1000 ppm zinc resulted in a significant reduction of the endogenous MDA formation (P < 0.05, < 0.001) in their tissues.

6. The glutathione levels were found to be further elevated
The glutathione levels were found to be further elevated upon combined zinc and ethanol treatments. Interestingly, the administration of zinc to ethanol-fed rats was able to bring down the elevated levels of lipid peroxidation, catalase, SOD, and GPx, thus indicating the antiperoxidative potential of zinc under such conditions.

7. Daily zinc supplementation could reduce the harmful effects of oxidative stress in diabetics

johnwester130

what about liquid ionic zinc

tastes like water, and you can adjust the dosage, no capsules, tablets or fillers., 100% absorption.

thoughts ?

Sheila

Dear Mr Johnwester130
What is this 'ionic zinc' exactly please, to which salt do you refer? Liquid zinc (as zinc sulphate and latterly zinc sulphate heptahydrate, how fancy) has been around for a while, as you probably know, as the 'zinc taste test'. In the deficient, so the theory goes, you can't taste it, but in the replete, it tastes foul. I am not sure about this 'theory' as the taste response - if one carries out careful experiments - seems to change depending on time of day, and other unrelated (to zinc) factors, but the sellers of such supplements maintain their position that this test is definitive with almost religious zeal. Thus I wondered about this 'liquid ionic zinc', with no taste, most metallic salts are not very pleasant.
Kind regards
Sheila

Wagner83

Zinc in high doses long term can also lead to neurological issues and copper deficiency.

Richiebogie

Nate, I find zinc very calming, within about 15 mins of an oral 25 or 50mg dose and have spread up to 100mg across the day. If it is working in that timeframe, I'm assuming that it's action must be in the liver because it hasn't time to saturate the tissues or complete a compensatory action of some sort in the total blood volume. IF it is a liver enzyme reaction, then perhaps these unsaturates are being tackled there and losing their excitory and estrogenic qualities before they are released into the bloodstream? I used to think the liver a smallish organ but only the lungs are bigger. It has an enormous storage capacity which can take years to clean out the bad stuff. Possibly it stores 'useful' nutrients until such a time as it cannot hold any more and then it's own enzymatic processes are badly compromised. We see a LOT of folks entering the physiological crash phase of their lives in the 35yrs + demographic. Maybe this is at a point where the liver reaches it's limits and performs on an emergency type level - only doing what it takes to survive and not being able to dump it's toxic load until a new diet can slowly empty it. I often wonder if a Herxheimer is simply a liver unloading due to backfilling of essential nutrition?

Interesting idea, an explanation for a random 'detox' occurring after a new health measure is introduced.

Maybe diarrhea could be a sign of a liver detox?

When the liver dumps a suitable quantity of toxins into the bile and the bile empties these toxins into the colon, we might expect diarrhea to be triggered in order to flush this out and remove the possibility of reabsorption.

Sort of a liver cleanse with auto-enema...?

Of course if the diarrhea is happening every day then it may be a sign of something else...

Does the bile have a distinctive smell?

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Sorry, the bile drains into the upper small intestine not the colon!

So if the liver does some sort of coordinated mass dumping of toxins during a "healing crisis", then we might expect diarrhea to be triggered in order to flush the entire small intestine and colon too!

On the other hand if the liver continuously dumps toxins in the bile then maybe a portion of bile encapsulates this so that it will flow out with minimal reabsorption.

Frankdee20

Re: Zinc Desaturates PUFAs (polyunsaturated fats) in Vivo, is necessary for Weight Loss and Liver Lipid Metabolism

I think zinc can be very helpful for some people. I posted a human study showing that zinc prevented the decrease of thyroid hormones due to exercise. To the people finding zinc calming - zinc seems to be effective for depression as it is an NMDA antagonist just like magnesium. So, magnesium + zinc should help with mood and sluggishness. The studies with zinc on depression were all human so that's that. They also used a fairly low doses of magnesium - less than 50mg daily.

Isn't Zinc also some type of allosteric modulator of 5ht1a receptors ?

ddjd

Re: Zinc Desaturates PUFAs (polyunsaturated fats) in Vivo, is necessary for Weight Loss and Liver Lipid Metabolism

:idea:

YES it does actually. Zinc that is chelated to amino acids (such as Zinc Glycinate) is greatly more absorbed and retained in the body than a zinc-mineral complex (such as zinc oxide). For this same reason zinc in or taken with a high protein meal has a greater absorption rate.
But it's still safe to supplement Zinc oxide correct Nathan?

Panopticon

zinc metal in vinegar on the skin... absorption on the skin is instant and you can taste it, no DMSO needed... I have not tried it but with DMSO should be 100 % absobed

good one on that article and good thinking

Frankdee20

Zinc Glycinate is awesome, I’m taking 30 MG daily and no issues to report.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
zinc metal in vinegar on the skin... absorption on the skin is instant
Do you have a source on this, or just from personal experience?

Panopticon

Do you have a source on this, or just from personal experience?
Its from when I was attempting to skin feed for a few days, no end-o-toxin = lowest serotonin you can have, that's why I can feel it...

edit: home made orange starch vinegar(win e gurr)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals