Suggestions for low stomach acid, yeast overgrowth?

Sam321

Great set of suggestions. I've always wanted to try charcoal. But i can't seem to find a good particle size. Some say the powder form could get absorbed into the blood. What kind do you use? Any precautions to be taken if one if hypo? Thanks
I've been using the bulletproof charcoal and haven't had any issues.

Motif

I have been struggling with a digestive problem that manifests mainly in the upper GI (stomach bloating, belching, nausea, etc).

I also suffer from fatigue (especially after meals), brain fog, and sleep issues (no problem falling asleep but wake up 4-5 times throughout the night).

I have been on a low carb diet for about 3 years at this point and all my symptoms immediately started after an extended fast (6 days, the final 3 of which were without water).

TSH is 1.77, but I suspect there is a problem with the thyroid even though the lab numbers look okay (most of the time my underarm temperature is 97.5 F). My stomach acid was tested, and it was very low. I want to reintroduce carbs into my diet, but it was also found I have a yeast overgrowth (stool test) so I was advised against this.

I am currently working with a functional medicine doctor who has me on a slew of supplements (adrenal, thyroid, stomach acid, and antifungal agents) but after 4 months there is little improvement.

My diet right now is essentially lamb, occasional seafood, liver 2x a week, occasional berries, coconut oil and bone broth. Recently added in carrot salad or white mushrooms at every meal. Due to food antigen testing I was advised to cut out beef, dairy, and eggs.

I was also told to cut out coffee due to the adrenal test (which looks fine to me) but I am incapable of getting any work done without it so I have been drinking it recently.

Maybe dessicated thyroid or T3 next? Is there a way to reintroduce carbs into my diet? Is aspirin safe to use or will it make my stomach problem worse?
How did this continue? Found something that helped?

OP
Outdoctrination
How did this continue? Found something that helped?
I have been taking T3, charcoal, niacinamide, aspirin, thiamine, D3, MB, and occasional cypro, progesterone and pregnenolone. I have definitely seen improvement but am certainly not 100%. I am trying a different T3 brand (cynomel) and penicillin vk next. Temperature/pulse has gone up a bit but still suboptimal

Vins7

I'd try adding gelatine to your diet. It has helped me massively with digestive issues.
How do you add gelatine? With foods or supplements? If it's with foods, what foods? Most of the meets that I can get are low un gelatine/glicine or if they are rich in gelatine they are high pufa too...

Vins7

1. Have you had a sibo test?
2. 1000 mg of charcoal and 485mg of cascara has flushed a ton of candida out of me and sped up my motility (also good for reducing bacteria and endotoxin)
3. In my experience, when I clear up the bacterial infection, the burden on my liver that was caused due to it having to filter all the endotoxin lifts. This allowed my liver to convert t4 into t3 (there was nothing wrong with my thyroid) and my temp and pulse went up and started to respond to increased sugar.
4. If you deprive candida it actually just roots into your intestine and increase the likelihood of a systemic candida infection in the blood (aka, dead in a week).

Ray has basically told me, increase thyroid (assuming t3 in my case to speed up peristalsis) and carrot salad/mushrooms to slowly clean out gut environment over time. The idea is if you can bump your metabolism up enough and clear out some of the baddies in your gut, the candida will be killed off by your immune system (if the candida is actually causing a problem in the first place since its always present to some degree in the gut.

Godspeed.
How do you know that you have flushed candida? Did you expelled something strange?