Progesterone benzo withdrawals bed ridden

Izzybelle

When I help female clients wean off antidepressants I put them on progesterone / E, high dose B1, niacinamide and B6 p5p, mag, thyroid support and a Peatish diet.
I think the same could apply for anti-anxiety meds.
Seems very wise. Niacinamide helped me, and I also took magnesium. Another thing that helped was glycine.

ThinPicking

When I help female clients wean off antidepressants I put them on progesterone / E, high dose B1, niacinamide and B6 p5p, mag, thyroid support and a Peatish diet.
I think the same could apply for anti-anxiety meds.
This 💯

But add Taurine and L-Phenylalanine.

DBCoast

Hi everyone. I wanted to see if anyone could help me. I am suffering immensely. I was on bio identical 100 mg progesterone for 2 years for anxiety and pms. I have also been on klonopin for 4 years and been tapering super slow over the course of years. I was on antidepressants as well and cold Turkey off those a year ago. Hell broke loose after ct of antidepressants. Got severe depression I never had before etc.. the depression wouldn’t go away so I thought progesterone was causing it. I tried to cold Turkey off progesterone multiple times this year and got the most horrific withdrawals you could ever imagine including akathisia as a result. I didn’t realize progesterone could cause such horrible withdrawals even more so then the benzo I was tapering. I’m not sure if it has to do with having a benzo brain or what. But it seemed after I come off my mood would lift and I felt happiness then I go back on and feel flat and depressed…. I used to feel amazing after taking progesterone then next day super depressed so also not sure if it was some sort of withdrawal the next day from short half life. Anyways I’ve been tapering both progesterone and benzo very slowly. (I know dumb) I just feel the need to get off progesterone since it caused me such horrific issues and left me bed ridden with horrible symptoms… the withdrawals anyway. I ordered ray peat progest e and wanted to try but I’m so scared as I’m very severe and can’t risk anything getting worse. What do I do? Do I try going back on progesterone and pray to god it helps and then get off the benzo? I worry If I go on progesterone I will be back at square one tapering it again and be in longer hell.

My symptoms- akathisia, agitation, terror, severe depression, SI, panic attacks, body pains, weakness, rage…. I cannot function at all. I cannot cook a meal or do anything. And it all started from trying to come off progesterone… I’m at loss.

I want to go back on but so scared of what happened to me… someone please help? Do I get horrible withdrawals from progesterone since I have a benzo brain?
Hey there, sorry to hear about what you’re going through. I’ve been through klonopin withdrawal and what you’re describing sounds 100% benzo related. Check out benzobuddies forum if you haven’t yet. Over prescribing of benzos is a scourge upon society. At most a benzo should be prescribed for two weeks per the package insert, yet doctors prescribe them for any and everything for years. Truly sad.

I don’t know about progesterone, etc., as I’m new here, but I do know about benzo withdrawal. Let me know if I can help you.

Btw, look up the Ashton Manual for weaning off of klonopin. I believe there’s a recommendation to switch to Valium, then taper. All such info can be found on benzobuddies. I wish you healing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals