Progesterone, pregnenolone and thyroid to heal the brain?

golder

I'm putting this comment in because I decided to try pregnenolone again. In the past it has caused terrible insomnia (no sleep for DAYS) and I decided probably taking way too much. I bought some 10mg cheapo stuff, started taking it. Well, I did my usual "on again" "off again" "on again" testing to see if I could tell a difference, and the data is IN. With this 10mg of pregnenolone upon waking daily, I have more energy, more motivation, get way more done, and DO NOT NEED MY 90mg Naturethroid any more. It is way cheaper and more effective. Does not seem to affect reproductive hormone levels in any way I can detect. (When a doctor, long ago, was trying to fix my hormones with high dose pregnenolone, that is when I found I simply did not sleep on any dose higher than my current 10mg.)
Which brand? Thanks for the detail.

youngsinatra

I read much of Dr. Gominak's writing. For me nothing she wrote about worked. Regarding zinc+p5p before bed; for some it works and some it doesn't(me), nor does magnesium. Worsens my sleep. There's no 'one size fits all' remedy.
Very true.

Beastmode

Dr. Broda Barnes used and prescribed desiccated(Armour). His dietary recommendation was high fat/protein/moderate carbs. And his patients' physical and mental health improved. It was simple. No complicated diets, no closet full of supplements, no special protocols. Same for Dr. John Lowe who used and prescribed high dose T3 for thyroid hormone resistance. Ray Peat is an original thinker and scientist. I believe he wants people to find a way to live an uncomplicated, healthy life.
You said the key word there, "uncomplicated."

If I can't do something everyday, it's probably not worth doing sometimes, no matter the craze around it.

Back in those days, people didn't obsess about food like we do now.

mostlylurking

Dr. Broda Barnes used and prescribed desiccated(Armour). His dietary recommendation was high fat/protein/moderate carbs. And his patients' physical and mental health improved. It was simple. No complicated diets, no closet full of supplements, no special protocols. Same for Dr. John Lowe who used and prescribed high dose T3 for thyroid hormone resistance. Ray Peat is an original thinker and scientist. I believe he wants people to find a way to live an uncomplicated, healthy life.
I agree. However, the accumulation of environmental toxins, especially heavy metals, can derail living an uncomplicated healthy life. Lead poisoning, for example, uses up the body's available thiamine and causes a functional thiamine deficiency. Without thiamine, the liver cannot clear the body of estrogen. High estrogen damages thyroid function, resulting in hypothyroidism. I have found that natural desiccated thyroid plus thiamine supplementation to be life saving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals