Is tapering off 1 mg of valium per week fast if you're really unstable? Please help

TreasureVibe

Hey all I'm in the hospital voluntarily but I'm about to leave, I'm here for tapering off benzodiazepines, valium to be exact and the doctor wants to taper off 1 mg per week. I did a cold turkey about 9 months ago for 4 days before I reinstated off 1 mg of ativan and 7 mg of valium and ever since the benzos work less effectively, I've gotten neurological injury/tolerance.

I've had physical anxiety on the 12 mg of valium in the morning and 12 mg of valium in the evening I've been on and wasn't stable. They lowered my dose to 12 mg of valium in the morning and 11 mg of valium in the evening in the hospital exactly 1 week ago. The doctor now wants to taper off another mg from the morning dose making it 11 and 11 but I think that's too fast since I suffered from severe physical anxiety and withdrawal during this week and I requested the nurse to leave to do the taper at home very slowly. I was advised on benzo buddies to hold my dose until I stabilize then do 0.5 mg decreases and if that goes well 1 mg decreases. I'm having a talk with the doctor in less than an hour or so and I'm gonna tell him I want to leave. The doctor first wanted to taper off 4 mg per week but I refused that. He even came up with the baloney that the Ashton Manual, the golden standard for tapering off benzodiazepines written by Dr. Ashton says that in hospital settings you can do a 25% decrease of benzodiazepines in either a week or 6 weeks, I'm not sure what he ment. I looked in the Ashton Manual to see if it was in there but it wasn't as far as I could find but it did even mention a case study where they decreased the benzodiazepine by 25% and said it was a rapid taper, indicating it was bad!

Is tapering 1 mg of valium per week too fast?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Tapering Off Letrozole Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
D What should I do while tapering of SSRI after 3 months of use Ask For Help or Advice 0
F Best Resources for SSRI Tapering/Withdrawl Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
K Aspirin Discontinuation/Tapering Ask For Help or Advice 8
K Tapering Finasteride And PFS Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
barbparadise Tapering Prednisone Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 10
M Progest-e Doses & Tapering Progesterone 36
Sam321 Need support in weaning off sleeping pills. Ask For Help or Advice 15
C Coming off pregnenalone Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 12
C Coming off pregnenalone Blood Work, Labs 0
youngsinatra Weaning Off SSRI - Above All Reduce Stress? Mental Issues 15
Sam321 Havent slept in a day. How to turn off high pulse and adrenaline. Ask For Help or Advice 45
T kicked alochol now weening off benzo's Mental Issues 2
F how many of you managed to come off of thyroid ? Ask For Help or Advice 4
C Getting Off Warfarin (AKA Rat Poison) Safely Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Velve921 Ideas On Quieting The Mind On A Day Off Ask For Help or Advice 7
Z Low Progesterone Coming Off Birth Control Female Issues 0
N Thyroid- Does Everyone Take It Expecting To Eventually Come Off Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 33
Energizer Here's Why You Need To Get OFF Their Grid Video 4
bluefish (for A Friend). How To Get Off Bipolar Meds Ask For Help or Advice 4
B No Real Benefit/potential Risks Seen With IF For T2D - Hot Off The Press Scientific Studies 2
S OO Has Me Wired, Estrogenic? Die Off? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J Coming Off Of High-fat Ketogenic Carnivore Diet And Concerns About Acne Skin 7
jzeno Hydroxychloroquine And Now This: Anti-parasite Ivermectin Could Kill Off COVID-19 Cells In Two Days Articles & Scientific Studies 1
A How To Neutralize The Pesticide Residue Off The Tomato Skin? Ask For Help or Advice 2
A Who’s Ready To Shave 10% Off Your Retirement Savings? Ask For Help or Advice 12
caspar Advice Getting Off SNRI And Anti-psychotic And Boosting Immune System Ask For Help or Advice 1
Velve921 My Mom Is Choosing To Get Off Her Anti-Depressants After 20 Years Female Issues 76
Velve921 Porcelain Crown Just Fell Off — What Should I Do To Keep It Clean? Ask For Help or Advice 7
J Endotoxin Die-off? Digestion 22
Dan Wich KMUD: 12-20-2019 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 0
Lokzo I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health Blood Work, Labs 98
I Approaching Mid 40's And The Wheels Starting To Fall Off? Male Issues 57
B Hairloss Much Worse After Coming Off TRT [blood Work Included] Hair & Nails 3
Dan Wich KMUD: 8-16-2019 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 4
Locutus Mercury Off The Charts Ask For Help or Advice 29
U Tappering Off SSRI Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
ImprovingDaily Whats A Good Dose Of Selegiline To Start Off With? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
D What I Do To Ward Off Stress - Anciety - "Depression" Mental Issues 16
BearWithMe Is Killing Off Mouth Bacteria Beneficial For Long Term Dental Health? Ask For Help or Advice 32
tankasnowgod Probiotics- Better Off Dead. (And More Effective!) Digestion, Gut Flora 32
Dan Wich KMUD: 2-15-2019 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 8
T Any Ladies Back To Normal After Coming Off Birth Control? My GF Is Putting On Weight Fast Female Issues 15
L Methylene Blue, Permanent Effects, Dependence, Taper Off Necessary? Methylene Blue 1
L Pregnenolone, Dependence, Natural Production, Taper Off Pregnenolone 4
Steven Bussinger Ascorbate And The Copper Hand-Off C 141
M Marathoners Get 66% Off Life Insurance Exercise 2
Dan Wich KMUD: 7-20-2018 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 2
Dan Wich KMUD: 4-20-2018 [Called Off] KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 3
W NaHCO3 Aka Baking Soda Washes All Pesticides Off Your Fruits & Veggies Toxins, Detoxification 5