Coffee Causing Depression

OP
movebetter

movebetter

I think one of the more important, but often ignored pieces of advice Ray gives, is to experiment and observe the results. If coffee is making you feel depressed, I might suggest you just avoid it. Don't try to force things that you think should work for you, when they clearly aren't. You can always reintroduce it later, if you desire, or your situation changes. Sometimes forgetting what you "know" is the best way to learn new things. RP's advice is fantastic, in my experience, but he isn't omniscient and would never claim to be. Best of luck.

aquaman

I feel better physically and mentally, and lose belly fat/water weight when off coffee. Also get nasal drip from it (all brands, all methods).

I sleep better, and seem to have less cortisol/ adrenaline. I think if you have cortisol/adrenaline issues, stay away from coffee.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

I feel better physically and mentally, and lose belly fat/water weight when off coffee. Also get nasal drip from it (all brands, all methods).

I sleep better, and seem to have less cortisol/ adrenaline. I think if you have cortisol/adrenaline issues, stay away from coffee.

How would I know if I have those issues?

Wagner83

I was feeling pretty crap, had done too many spices and tabasco for two days with disturbed digestion. I was off coffee for a long time, had some kind of headache too, anyways I took one cup and have been feeling great since, mood is way up, energy is good and physically I feel fine. I may keep coffee as a special treat here and there for those effects rather than embark on a constant sugar roller coaster.

Luann

@DaveFoster
>> Cutting out starch can reduce the need for pregnenolone, and absolutely no starch can be beneficial for those with mood disorders.

How does this work? I'm curious.

docall18

Sounds like u are hypothyroid. A bad rxn to coffee, lsd, weed, etc happens to me when hypo. Lowering of stress hormones when hypo leaves you with low energy. Anxiety paranoia, depression can all be due to low brain energy.

Try a T4:t3 ratio of 2:1 - 3:1.
Also, T3 in frequent small doses.

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster
>> Cutting out starch can reduce the need for pregnenolone, and absolutely no starch can be beneficial for those with mood disorders.

How does this work? I'm curious.
The reasoning references the underlying inflammation that contributes to various mental pathologies.

Larger amounts of as aspirin have the same anti-depressive effects as a small dose of fluoxetine (Prozac).

A reduction in starch consumption and minimization of gut irritation lowers serotonin and a whole cascade of various inflammatory mediators including eicosanoids. Things that decrease the degree of inflammation will promote vibrant metabolism, lower brain inflammation and promote behaviors such as a positive outlook, well-being, mood, sociability and so on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals