Depression

peatra

I would love to have some input from Peat- aware people on my health concerns. I grew up in a traumatic atmosphere and began to deal with severe depression in teen years. Not just feeling down but psychomotor retardation, etc. This was exacerbated by an eating disorder so energetic issues came further into play as I lacked fuel. I was able to recover from the worst aspects of the depression through meditation, and the eating habits also improved over time. I was mostly content through re orienting my perspective, although very tired, which lead me to treating my health in terms of energetics and finding Peat's ideas. I take a number of supplements like methylene blue, thyroid, lions mane, cordyceps, NMN, pqq, coq10. I still am not able to do extremely physical things but overall my energy balance has improved substantially. But improving the energy issue has lead me to the next plateau of my health and I am seeing that I am still depressed on some level. I am completely anhedonic. Everything requires energy and overcoming inertia rather than flowing naturally. I can't say my life is perfectly authentic and inspiring but it is a pretty comfortable one. I am sleeping not because I am tired but to avoid consciousness. I want to avoid all interaction because it feels taxing not enjoyable which is affecting my relationship with my child.

I honestly am confused because I took SSRIs briefly in my teens and then again early 20s - only for a few months - and I absolutely love them.. never felt better. Dopaminergics like selegiline do nothing for me although I continue to take rasagiline. I would even consider taking Prozac again if nothing works but don't want to do so before becoming pregnant.

Does anyone have any advice for improving anhedonia in particular? I don't even enjoy something like listening to music.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals