Treating depression with natural methods

Vins7

Try avoiding starch and fermentable fiber for 1 month and see how you feel. Supplements don't help if you have gut inflammation/endotoxin poisoning.
So, what sources of carbs should be eaten?
Juice, Milk and honey only?

Vins7

My symptoms are very similar to yours.
have you managed to discover something to help you?

korpesh

I don't think it's considered very "Peaty," but taking SAM-e consistently for a couple months was profoundly helpful for pulling me out of a very persistent depression state a few years back. You've got to be careful with the dosage, because there are many cases of people taking too much and becoming manic (insomnia, grandiose irrational thinking), but at around 400mg a day, it completely changed my outlook on life and energy for the better back then.

Periodically still take it now, for all the different body systems it is supposedly beneficial too, but don't seem need it as much or as often anymore.

GreekDemiGod

Starch definitely seems to cause depression in me, because of gut issues with it. Endotoxins overload.
I’ve been eating gluten / wheat last couple of days, found myself with negative thoughts creeping on me.
I’d love so much to eat fries in coconut oil, they’re so tasty. But not worth it.

Vins7

Starch definitely seems to cause depression in me, because of gut issues with it. Endotoxins overload.
I’ve been eating gluten / wheat last couple of days, found myself with negative thoughts creeping on me.
I’d love so much to eat fries in coconut oil, they’re so tasty. But not worth it.
Are you dure that this is due to starches and not gluten or other foods?
For example, this could be endotoxin due to histamin issues. Just an example.

Ritchie

Try meditating consistently every morning for 20 minutes. Just sitting, listening to your breath and the sounds around you. Very simple and makes absolute sense because of course it should be part of life for people to sit with themselves and observe their experience without distractions, and simply getting comfortable and intimate with just being. If you stick at it and it becomes part of your lifestyle your depression will dissipate. This, in conjunction with healthy living (which includes being active, and getting outdoors regularly) and good nutrition and you'll be where you want to be.

K

Kaur Singh

Depression as a result of lack of energetic homeostasis / low energy
Ergo, working on all those things to restore your metabolism and thyroid.

how's your heart rate and temperature throughout the day, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Vins7

Depression as a result of lack of energetic homeostasis / low energy
Ergo, working on all those things to restore your metabolism and thyroid.

how's your heart rate and temperature throughout the day, etc

the main aspects to take into account should be:

- enough calories
- plenty of dairy and cut down on meat
- carbohydrates from juices, milk, fruit, and honey
- try to get enough rest.
- protein from eggs and dairy mainly
- minimize fat and pufa.
- los of salt
- Would it be important to minimize starches and fiber in general, even from fruit if you have poor digestion?

Some important aspect that I am forgetting?

Korven

So, what sources of carbs should be eaten?
Juice, Milk and honey only?

Yes, if you want to eat zero starch/fiber but still get some carbohydrate those would be good options.

Starch for me has been a "can't live with it, eventually can't live without it". After lots of trial and error I feel like my body and digestion is finally doing well again with starchy carbohydrates. So I'm back to eating starch 3x daily now and feeling good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals