Best Supplements For Depression?

kaybb

Digestion problems often accompany vegetables in young children and, except for carrots, vegetables provide very lithe benefit. Sugar with a little salt is very calming and kids love it.
Thank you .. I was a mom who forced veggies as the number one food ....things have changed!

kaybb

Digestion problems often accompany vegetables in young children and, except for carrots, vegetables provide very lithe benefit. Sugar with a little salt is very calming and kids love it.
This is off subject but have you had experience with colicky babies and tried sugar water? I read that today, can't remember who posted it or if it was just a Google search I did.

M

marikay

This is off subject but have you had experience with colicky babies and tried sugar water? I read that today, can't remember who posted it or if it was just a Google search I did.

I'm no expert but I think colic is caused by poor digestion. One of my nieces had something like it and the cause turned out to be not enough calories. They fed her more and she was better instantly. Others have suggested enzymes, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of that.

kaybb

I'm no expert but I think colic is caused by poor digestion. One of my nieces had something like it and the cause turned out to be not enough calories. They fed her more and she was better instantly. Others have suggested enzymes, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of that.
Still helps...we have wondered about more calories ...thanks!

Amazoniac

Thought that it was interesting enough to share:
http://george-eby-research.com/html/magnesium-for-depression.pdf

"In [a] patient, depression always occurred 1 h after taking a 500 mg calcium (carbonate) dietary supplement, which was extinguishable within 1 h only by administration of 400 mg of magnesium."
"Too much calcium ion and glutamate with insufficient magnesium ion, particularly in the hippocampus, plays a vital role in brain cell synaptic dysfunction leading to depression and other mood and behavioral disorders."

"Shealy et al. [16] found that magnesium and taurine were deficient in nearly all depressed patients."

"Hypopboydism, a known cause of depression, is associated with low magnesium with circulating T4 levels being directly correlated with magnesium serum levels [33]. The depression attributable to hypothyroidism is hypothesized to be caused by resultant low magnesium, which is restored to normal only by proper treatment of hypothyroidism."

"During aging an increase in cortisol and a decrease in renin and aldosterone concentration occur. In aged subjects more time is spent awake and slow-wave sleep is reduced."

"[..]lithium ions play some of the roles normally performed by magnesium ions in the brain."

"boron (necessary for magnesium absorption and proper brain function [40,41])"

Last edited:

Amazoniac

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/osteoporosis.shtml
healthy high energy metabolism requires the exclusion of most calcium from cells, and when calcium enters the stimulated or deenergized cell, it is likely to trigger a series of reactions that lower energy production, interfering with oxidative metabolism. During aging, both calcium and iron tend to accumulate and they both seem to have an affinity for similar locations, and they both tend to displace copper. (Compare K. Sato, et al., on the calcification of copper-containing paints.) Elastin is a protein, the units of which are probably bound together by copper atoms. In old age, elastin is one of the first substances to calcify, for example in the elastic layers of arteries, causing them to lose elasticity, and to harden into almost bone-like tubes. In the heart and kidneys, the mitochondria (rich in copper-enzymes) are often the location showing the earliest calcification, for example when magnesium is deficient.
The combination of supplements of thyroid (emphasizing T3), magnesium, progesterone and pregnenolone can usually restore normal respiration, and it seems clear that this should normalize calcium metabolism, decreasing the calcification of soft tissues, increasing the calcification of bones, and improving the efficiency of muscles and nerves. (Magnesium, like carbonate, is a component of newly formed bone.)

J

James IV

Cascara sagrada.
Magnesium Glycinate.
Hydration.
And avoiding any foods that you don't digest well, fiber, whey, etc.

depression starts in the gut; Endotoxin.

milk_lover

When I feel low little bit, I take glycine+B1 with Pepsi and sometimes a combo of T4/T3 and all the bad feelings go away almost immediately.

Ildikó

Aside from the diet, which you probably already do properly, a few supplements have been studies successfully for depression in humans. Methylene blue reversed both unipolar and bipolar depression in as little as 2 weeks in doses of 15mg daily. Magnesium taurate or glycinate (200mg - 400mg daily) reversed major depression in less than 7 days. Glycine and taurine on their own also have these effects. Thiamine (B1), pyridoxal (B6) and niacinamide (B3) have profound anti-stress action and have also been found to reverse some cases of depression. The amino acid theanine seems capable of reversing conditions related to PTSD and childhood trauma (including sexual abuse) in doses of 400mg - 800 daily. Given its anti-serotoin effects and the mandatory role of serotonin for the formation of any traumatic memory, this is not surprising. Theanine is also glutamate antagonist and the glutamaatergic system is upregulated in depression. Substances that lower cortisol can also reverse depression, so vitamin B6, glycine, DHEA, pregnenolone, progesterone, etc can all help.
There are tons of pharma drugs that can help as well, mostly the ones that oppose serotonin and/or promote dopamine.
Every time i take magnesium glycinate it gives me insomnia. What can be the possible cause? I am 61 years old female, postmenopausal.

Frankdee20

Every time i take magnesium glycinate it gives me insomnia. What can be the possible cause? I am 61 years old female, postmenopausal.
Glycine breaks off and interacts with NMDA causing excitation…..magnesium itself is a blocker for NMDA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals