kicked alochol now weening off benzo's

troubledtimes

ive been eating basically a no carb or sugar diet accept from vegtables, stopped alcohol which i would drink 2 times a week. and im in the process for a month now trying to taper off of klonopin. im at about 1.125 from 1.5mg. i never had "derealization" and this other element added to my anxiety since i was prescribed klonopin. taking it i do NOT feel that big relief you are suppose to get. it helps out maybe 20% but of course starting at 0.5 let up to eventually 1.5 because these are poison and im going through withdrawal off it. i realized why have i only been sleeping 2 hours latley why have i been keyed up and not having as much of an appetite. anyone have important pointers or to get off these benzos for good? i know a slow taper is best which im doing and my diet has improved alot. i find that L theanine and taurine are not much help. maybe someone has some key pointers. and yes i am prepared to be in post accute withdraw for potentially up to 3 years. its brutal

youngsinatra

I think niacinamide can greatly help while quitting addictive substances.

Especially for benzodiazepines it could be helpful, as it has benzodiazepine-like properties in terms of alleviating anxiety.
It powerfully lowers lactate which is increased in anxiety disorders.
I think you get this effect at around 1g of niacinamide in „one sitting“.

I personally suffered from depression and severe panic disorder during my ketogenic days, probably just due to chronic hypoglycemia, which really burned out my body over time. Adding in back fruits and juices really helped to get me out of that stressed state.
Niacinamide (3x 1g per day) really helped a ton. I take TMG (3x 1g per day) with it to prevent depleted methyl pools.

That might be interesting for you:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268221528_Niacinamide's_potent_role_in_alleviating_anxiety_with_its_benzodiazepine-like_properties_A_case_report

Best wishes.