The psychology of compulsive supplementation

B

BRBsavinWorld

True, tho their offspring may not be as healthy as they are.

I'm starting to think that thyroid is really important for those who live in cold climates...and not so important for those who live in warm climates.
Agreed. If people in tropical climates could get ahold of addequate citrus fruits, adequately ripened year round, the citrates actually aid in respiration like taking thyroid. As you’re well aware, Coffee does similar, and probably a lot of other plants.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat :)

Korven

I love taking supplements.

Every time I experiment with a new substance I learn something about how the body works and what works/doesn't work for me (even when it's a complete failure). In 2020 I felt so sick and unwell I thought I was going to die from some horrible mystery disease. I believe that taking supplements has been a huge part of bringing me back to life again and me feeling better than I have in a long time. My new favourite supplement is activated charcoal. I have been thinking about compiling a list of the 80+ supplements I have experimented with over the last couple of years and which ones I feel have made the biggest difference for me. Thanks @haidut for your amazing supplements at idealabs!

The more supplements, the merrier, I say!

Ben.

I love taking supplements.

Every time I experiment with a new substance I learn something about how the body works and what works/doesn't work for me (even when it's a complete failure). In 2020 I felt so sick and unwell I thought I was going to die from some horrible mystery disease. I believe that taking supplements has been a huge part of bringing me back to life again and me feeling better than I have in a long time. My new favourite supplement is activated charcoal. I have been thinking about compiling a list of the 80+ supplements I have experimented with over the last couple of years and which ones I feel have made the biggest difference for me. Thanks @haidut for your amazing supplements at idealabs!

The more supplements, the merrier, I say!

I don't love taking supplements. I hate taking them. It costs money, time and may be heavily compromised with inpurities/fillers. Also i do not like being dependend on something.

However i totally agree on what it does for a person. A lot of learning and improvements in lifequality, even if its just a little. Certain modern issues require modern solutions. Tons of trial and error required tho.

Korven

I don't love taking supplements. I hate taking them. It costs money, time and may be heavily compromised with inpurities/fillers. Also i do not like being dependend on something.

However i totally agree on what it does for a person. A lot of learning and improvements in lifequality, even if its just a little. Certain modern issues require modern solutions. Tons of trial and error required tho.

Yeah it was a little tongue-in-cheek, but truthfully I do enjoy taking substances that I feel give me positive effects e.g activated charcoal or vitamin K2 or boron or thyroid. And it feels empowering to have these tools at my disposal that can (at least to some degree) reverse the damage done by a toxic environment. But I totally understand that some people don't like wasting money and time on supplements that don't end up doing much for them.

Agreed on the learning aspect! Through self-experimentation and research and awareness of my body's signals I have slowly managed to piece together the puzzle of what is going on.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals